TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion

+11
Scalextech
SgtPatton63M
Freheliaz
xVampirAx
desertrainfrog
SGR Amber
TheMorVic
Chief Tokembowl
RW26 BLAZE
DDM Driv3
Standaman94
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion Empty TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion

Post by Standaman94 Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 20:10

Go on then
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion Empty Re: TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion

Post by DDM Driv3 Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:07

Round 4 (North Loop) has more quali laps than racing laps... Seems pretty silly to me... Can we make that one a bit longer race wise or shorter quali wise so that we don't spend more time qualifying than racing? Maybe a poll to decide that?
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion Empty Re: TORA Ambitious But Rubbish Championship - General Discussion

Post by RW26 BLAZE Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:12

theres one big problem, there be afew ppl doing the American Iron series around the same time
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:38

Yeah I can put a poll up nearer to Round 4 to see what we do Smile

And American Iron is on Thursdays... Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 15:52

Standaman94 wrote:Yeah I can put a poll up nearer to Round 4 to see what we do Smile

And American Iron is on Thursdays... Razz

is suppose to be a Wednesday series, cos atm the calander shows the events are all on a Thursday, not Wednesday.
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 16:27

so... Vans vs. Mazdas vs. Radicals? lol. That's random as hell, I'm down though, should be kinda crazy trying to dodge Mazdas and huge-ass vans in the Radical, I'm looking forward to the insanity.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 16:29

Chief Tokembowl wrote:so... Vans vs. Mazdas vs. Radicals? lol. That's random as hell, I'm down though, should be kinda crazy trying to dodge Mazdas and huge-ass vans in the Radical, I'm looking forward to the insanity.

The Top Gear Test Track Full will be a lot of fun..........if you like crashes
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Tue 16 Aug 2016 - 18:26

RW26 BLAZE wrote:
Chief Tokembowl wrote:so... Vans vs. Mazdas vs. Radicals? lol. That's random as hell, I'm down though, should be kinda crazy trying to dodge Mazdas and huge-ass vans in the Radical, I'm looking forward to the insanity.

The Top Gear Test Track Full will be a lot of fun..........if you like crashes
 cant say that I'm too fond of crashes, but making a spectacular move to avoid is always satisfying. Sounds like plenty of opportunities to do that will be had.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMorVic Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 17:41

Rules & regulations made me feel confused, about standing starts.
It says that we make a standing start and race after the game says "go", and 1 point after this I see something like "warm up lap". Can someone explain it to me please?
I'm pretty new to TORA so I'm not really into it, I was taking a part in leagues that had much less complicated procedures Razz
TheMorVic
TheMorVic

TORA Race Number : 761
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Wed 17 Aug 2016 - 22:25

TheMorVic wrote:Rules & regulations made me feel confused, about standing starts.
It says that we make a standing start and race after the game says "go", and 1 point after this I see something like "warm up lap". Can someone explain it to me please?
I'm pretty new to TORA so I'm not really into it, I was taking a part in leagues that had much less complicated procedures Razz

At the start of the race instead of booting it, we slowly go off the grid to get into order and do a formation lap, so we have time to get into our qualifying positions.
We then drive round to the grid and stop in our respective spot like you see on F1 or other series, before someone calls '3 2 1 go' and we all set off Smile
more than one person will say go if in Forza chat as not everyone can be heard.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 8:56

Wouldn't it make more sense to orientate on the overall race time? As in every Forza Championship with a standing start so far?

This way everyone knows when exactly to take off and it all relies on the driver's reflexes.
A "GO" via Party or Lobby chat always has a little delay and everyone receives it at a slightly different time due to their ping/latency/whatever and in the end we'll need to restart multiple times because somebody crashed into the rear of the guy in front of him at the start.

desertrainfrog

TORA Race Number : 512
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 9:01

Oh yeah, and about the Qualification for THE RING: Why not make it a "Super-Pole" session? One hot lap and that's it. ^^

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:49

desertrainfrog wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to orientate on the overall race time? As in every Forza Championship with a standing start so far?

This way everyone knows when exactly to take off and it all relies on the driver's reflexes.
A "GO" via Party or Lobby chat always has a little delay and everyone receives it at a slightly different time due to their ping/latency/whatever and in the end we'll need to restart multiple times because somebody crashed into the rear of the guy in front of him at the start.

Oh yeah, forgot we did this aha. Someone calls out a time that we start from, using the timer at the top corner, and we go when it hits that time Smile
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:45

i was thinking of doing but was the thinking behind having NO driving aids and i have tried that and it was very very very bad indeed.if i do then it was be in the slow cars since the radical is impossible to control even with TSC on.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 16:23

If you read the rules correctly it should say that we do a "warm up" lap on a small circuit. The actual race's grid order will be set to "best lap time" and so if we play it right, everyone will be in the correct order on the grid when the race loads.

I might set up a test session before to double check how were going to work it out. I think we'll roll past the start line (collisions off) simultaneously and then I'll read off names who will go around and complete the lap.

The reason for doing it that way is a) Do you really want to do a warm up lap on the Ring (or shuffle about on the grid) and b) Top Gear doesn't have grid slots Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Fri 19 Aug 2016 - 9:54

Standaman94 wrote:
The reason for doing it that way is a) Do you really want to do a warm up lap on the Ring [...]?

Yes, I do Very Happy
The more laps on the Ring, the better in my opinion  :drool:

But the method you stated is also fine. ^^

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 23:33

I'm guessing theres a drop round for this championship
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 11:51

There are 2 dropped rounds for the championship.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SgtPatton63M Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 20:05

I'm going to miss qualifying, going to try to make the game... Forgot it was in the middle of the day here

SgtPatton63M

TORA Race Number : 884
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 22:55

Good racing everyone - I've made note of some needed changes and I will be taking suggestions Smile
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 23:01

well done everyone for racing tonight, specially a very close battle in the MX5 class
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Scalextech Thu 25 Aug 2016 - 8:29

Standaman94 wrote:If you read the rules correctly it should say that we do a "warm up" lap on a small circuit.
so... clearly I haven't read them correctly, cos to me the rules still say :

8.2 The start of the race will be a Standing start.

8.3 STANDING START PROCEDURE:
8.3.1 Drivers will complete one warm-up lap of the circuit, see 8.4, and wait for the start in the grid slots.
8.3.2 The race begins at the time which pole position (or the position behind if pole is unable to communicate) chooses based on the game clock.

definitely doesn't say "start when the game starts the race". I get the small circuit race to set the grid and if forza lobby settings worked properly so "previous race results" actually worked (or lobby points as it used to be) that'd be fine. But we knew as soon as the grid was set (and it was vocalised), that the grid was NOT set how it was meant to be. There was also chat that "oh well at least we can still sort it out before the standing start". Then suddenly that was changed (silently) to this is race from the game start

There is an alternative to BOTH "formation" methods (and it's not really much more hassle or faff than either - and that is to re-arrange ON the grid, either by rolling forward and then going back to grid, or by reversing back and then going forward to line up. With good communication, this has no more potential for damage than any other method (lag spikes are gonna be the main cause, just as with the others)

This method could certainly be used where a lap of the circuit would take too long Smile

Scalextech

TORA Race Number : 928
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2016-03-01

http://www.scalextech.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 25 Aug 2016 - 11:12

You are quoting the rules that I have changed after the race... Rolling Eyes It did say the other start procedure previously.

Shuffling about on the grid is a bad idea as it's only going to cause accidents. And you know how bad communication is after last night.

I, as the host, clearly explained the starting procedure many times before race 1 and it was repeated by others, too, to cross the communication barriers. I don't know what "chat" there was before the race but unless I had announced otherwise, the start was still the same.

As I have mentioned before, the short lap method was to enable easy grid ordering for circuits like Nordschleife or TG (with no grid slots). We used a similar method before on FM4, however that was based on points rather than lap times, and as someone correctly noted anyone with a dirty lap was at the back. There's probably a fix by getting everyone off the circuit in the short lap so everyone is dirty, however we will continue the season using the old method as changed in the rules
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Thu 25 Aug 2016 - 12:11

I didn't recieve an invite for this championship last night even though I was signed in! Not the happiest of bunnies as I'm now at a disadvantage to this in my class who'll be attending every race
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Thu 25 Aug 2016 - 12:14

There are 2 dropped rounds so if you make 8 races you can win as good as anyone who has done 10 races.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next