TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Facebook

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion

+48
Standaman94
exp1osive sam
RBR Venom
xebot360
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Mad Bull
LMP Dragon
ATR DAN
andiosterfeld
HCR Hamish
Joito04
BigBen13x
WR Watcher
XRS RoberAstur
Focusatze
Senna
Foreu2env
RW26 BLAZE
HCR Bellmond
Ax4x Chaddy
henkymetcola
ESV Moshys
Fazed Intro
HCR Motorhead
DDM Driv3
SVR Solar
F4H Hakkinen
AdamWatson99
F4H Xyloto
F4H Carrera
XRS Carlos
LZR ForceOne
xNIGHTMARE84
Miiraki
HCR generaltso
xVampirAx
TJSteel
LZR Harmonic
theboomeranga
MID LAND ZETA
SGR Amber
F4H Lotterer
PTG Chungus
MAB170294
Freheliaz
SVR Yamagura
Diablo 29x
Matt
52 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion

Post by PTG Chungus Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 22:14

So if it was that good why was only 2 of them being ran then?

got to be something wrong with it if only 2 cars where running ??

TCC was the best of car balancing I have ever seen very equal.

A lobby Backmarker
Standard Fat guy
Pendulum tuning Garage Drivet

1st 4X TORA TCC Privateer, TORA Big rigs privateer, TORA AM IRON privateer ACCR LMP PRO, GT3, GTO & Touring masters.
PTG DTCC Drivers and privateer winner Season 2
2nd V8 Supercars, TCC 2022, PTG DTCC Drivers title
( Also double OMA TCC Privateer and team hard champion...but...yanno...wooden spoon things)
( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 PbNPSDnTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 PNUZuSu
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2014-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion

Post by HCR Bellmond Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 22:15

Because that's what people chose to run.

Only 1 Huracan entered.

Flawed logic......
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 22:16

Foreu2env wrote:FYI - using the data from Silverstone qualifying, a 107% rule would not have excluded a single team.  Fastest GT quali time = 4:00.8...  107% of that would be roughly 4:17, but the slowest quali time for a GT team was only 4:09.. and thats based on TOP team 107%.. the number would have been even more inflated if you took the avg of the top 3 teams to establish 107%.. this means that a car running at 107% or more of top 3 avg would literally be moving too slow to be a burden unless they were actively trying to impede traffic.. in which case an SI should see them removed from the event.

Just layin out the numbers for the sake of clarity...

this is a good post.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 23:12

Sub Zero Nova 2 wrote:So if it was that good why was only 2 of them being ran then?

like Bellmond said only 1 Huracan and the rest were Vipers,Corvettes,Porsche's and i saw a Z4 wtf is your problem? seems your kicking up a fuss for no reason, either sit down and listen or Gtfo seriously.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2733
Registration date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 23:15

Ugh if you didn't race in the class I don't understand how you could have an opinion on how the cars were built.

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 23:22

F4H ForceOne wrote:Ugh if you didn't race in the class I don't understand how you could have an opinion on how the cars were built.

that to Nova or myself, :/ lol confused here.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 23:38

HCR Solar wrote:
F4H ForceOne wrote:Ugh if you didn't race in the class I don't understand how you could have an opinion on how the cars were built.

Nova lol.

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 23:40

F4H ForceOne wrote:
HCR Solar wrote:

Nova lol.

okay sweet, was gonna say i was in the Huracan haha Razz
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 2:47

don't you love all the friendly banter that comes around after these races...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 3:26

ErebusV8 wrote:don't you love all the friendly banter that comes around after these races...

well if you ignore certain people, a lot of good ideas have been suggested.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 4:21

Sub Zero Nova 2 wrote:So if it was that good why was only 2 of them being ran then?

I got a 2:00.4 in the dry with a Z4, 2:09.4 in the rain - both great times. The car hurt on the straights as usual, but it had pace. For the Ring, we might see a power boost if we can work the buckets around to get the 15% build back.

I have a bit of free time tomorrow so I'll get some preliminary builds rolling for GT.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 6:46

HCR generaltso wrote:
ErebusV8 wrote:don't you love all the friendly banter that comes around after these races...

well if you ignore certain people, a lot of good ideas have been suggested.

Ignore the people who dont agree with the stopping people race idea?
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Focusatze Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 8:50

Just take a look on this years Nürburgring 24H - there was nearly over 40 GT(3) cars in the field but you will find Porsche Caymans, BMW M235i, Lexus RCF, Audi TT, Seat Leon, a Opel Astra and also the mighty Subaru WRX in the top 40 result!

This is just a normal result caused by incidents, good or bad driving and consistency of the teams.

i dont have the feeling that so much in silverstone went wrong. overlapping incidents are a not a nice, but a normal part of a race and can happen anyplace, anywhere, anytime and for everyone!

I really dont understand why we should influence the results artificially. Thats what every real racing series today do and thats why so many fans are unhappy about it.

And why should we change rules like that just for one last f**** race?

Everyone, top driver or rookie, GT or TCC driver just should just want to make it better at the ring.

Anything else we should decide on the track and not with a bunch of rules.

There are faster and slower drivers, but if we begin to sort drivers on paper after that we will loose the basic reason why we race. Thats a 24H race where anything can happen in the green hell and it will not be the first time, that not the fastest team takes the highest place on the podium Wink
Focusatze
Focusatze

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-12-19

View user profile http://www.forzalife.de

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 12:44

One thing to mention, these are suggestions, not what is actually gonna happen,

secondly, to the people saying "just run 2 lobbies", simple answer to that is no, unless we get 32+ teams then I'm not organizing another 24H 2 lobby race, not when we only managed 1 lobby for a 12H race which has smaller teams.

Secondly to reduce the thing that annoys me most, I most likely won't be accepting entries for this one to anyone that had a DNS as it's unfair for those people to waste a spot on the grid that could have been enjoyed by someone else.

107% rule is a good idea if it helps put the people in the right bucket to suit their skill, no I don't mind people being slow, but when they're interfering with another race and battling with a slower class it's just plain wrong.

If you're doing that you shouldn't really be on track, either drive the car to it's potential, or let the other guy continue his race, a slow GT car allowing a TCC car pass will make no difference to your race, but holding them off just aggravates everyone and therefore we have this conversation.

If it can work fairly I'll consider using it, if not I won't, simple as

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 6T7qFVr
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 Zst5M5hTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 HO2y8XFTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 4ytmJViTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 GNpJaim
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 YEKeOxCTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 5JemV3bTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 70LXLscTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 5dgM0tE
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 SEDnkBhTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 JUwEMx8
1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

View user profile http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 16:06

How does everyone feel about boosting GTs to the 850-860 PI range? That way we don't need as many buckets for grip handicaps, cars like the Z4 won't be alienated on the straights, and it decreases the likelihood of someone in GT being slower than a TCC car.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 17:02

CAR Harmonic wrote:How does everyone feel about boosting GTs to the 850-860 PI range? That way we don't need as many buckets for grip handicaps, cars like the Z4 won't be alienated on the straights, and it decreases the likelihood of someone in GT being slower than a TCC car.

I'm a fan of this idea but I'd be concerned about guys in the cars who haven't got a diggery doo how to drive something that fast. I'm also a fan of decreasing the number of GT cars available as it's high maintenance and a lot of work to try balance them all. Just shave off 3-4 cars and put more time into a smaller list of cars. Just my two cents.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 17:14

F4H Hakkinen wrote:
CAR Harmonic wrote:How does everyone feel about boosting GTs to the 850-860 PI range? That way we don't need as many buckets for grip handicaps, cars like the Z4 won't be alienated on the straights, and it decreases the likelihood of someone in GT being slower than a TCC car.

I'm a fan of this idea but I'd be concerned about guys in the cars who haven't got a diggery doo how to drive something that fast. I'm also a fan of decreasing the number of GT cars available as it's high maintenance and a lot of work to try balance them all. Just shave off 3-4 cars and put more time into a smaller list of cars. Just my two cents.

The balancing was fine, Harmonic did a lot of work on them himself. Then again, this is a longggg tough track but people have already started some solid work.

I'm open to the idea, if it makes cars better, negating handicaps on high PI cars like the Ford, Nissan and Aston, it's something we can have a look at.

But yes, hopefully the issue of hazardous drivers never happens again but we ought to take some measures to further negate it.

One C is better.

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 1SYCYfDTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 VWFRPRpTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 KXuWtxqTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 NmyjVoUTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 ZxxURAMTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 JgDewLgTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 WLxDUZYTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 5nPqOwATORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 K91JzVYTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 70LXLscTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 ZZnXNxnTORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 JUwEMx8TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 9 PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3008
Registration date : 2012-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 18:04

HCR Motorhead wrote:
F4H Hakkinen wrote:

The balancing was fine, Harmonic did a lot of work on them himself. Then again, this is a longggg tough track but people have already started some solid work.

I'm open to the idea, if it makes cars better, negating handicaps on high PI cars like the Ford, Nissan and Aston, it's something we can have a look at.

But yes, hopefully the issue of hazardous drivers never happens again but we ought to take some measures to further negate it.

To be fair, regardless of pace, we really do have a good bunch here but it's the newbies that arrive and don't really get it. We can quote the rules all we like but they don't read, won't read them and that's just how it goes. Putting in an SI is all well and good but the damage is done and we probably won't see them again anyway. The guy who caused havoc for us was new, hasn't said anything and we won't be seeing him again I am sure. Again, how do we ensure continuity across the field for etiquette? I'm open to the discussion.

I appreciate David's efforts. I don't really know what the back end looks like. We've already got some testing data done but really, it's worthless without knowing where the builds are going. I'd love to see them go public ASAP so we can actually help you guys out.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 18:15

I'll take a look at the previous events and observe trends in what cars have been chosen. I'll use what I find from that to cut the appropriate cars - while keeping the modern ones, of course.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 18:22

CAR Harmonic wrote:I'll take a look at the previous events and observe trends in what cars have been chosen. I'll use what I find from that to cut the appropriate cars - while keeping the modern ones, of course.

Wish I could help you out some more. Let me look at our documents for the team and see if I can find any data from our own testing for GT cars. I'll PM you what I find.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 18:23

What's your email? I found all our data from the VEC N12
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 19:14

I PM'd you. Based on the cars we include and how the balancing goes from that, I'll figure out whether it's better to raise the PI to 860ish or not. They're not too much more difficult to drive, and it'll make things a bit less complicated depending on the cars that make the cut.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 20:26

F4H Hakkinen wrote:Again, how do we ensure continuity across the field for etiquette? I'm open to the discussion.

mandatory practice sessions

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 21:26

ErebusV8 wrote:

Team Name: Ax4x Cancer Council
Car Choice: BMW Z4
Class (LMP1 or TORA GT): GT
Team Number: 52
Driver 1 TORA Number: 52
Driver 1 Gamertag: CallMehDarkside
Driver 2 TORA Number: 517
Driver 2 Gamertag: AcheyBreakey

All drivers have read and understood the rules / regulations thread: Yes

Was AcheyBreakey not banned for TORA over an incident TORA want to keep quiet?
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

TORA Race Number : 41
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2013-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ESV Moshys Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 21:29

I like the idea of raising the GT PI. that should make everyone happy
ESV Moshys
ESV Moshys

TORA Race Number : 912
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2016-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next