TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Suggestion Box - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Suggestion Box

+38
RW26 BLAZE
PROD DTechR
xebot360
Fazed Intro
EZT MAKO 6669
SGR Amber
D4NINHO
Standaman94
TheAngryPudding
DeweyTee
JOSHSIGGY
FSR FrankForest
SorrySmithy
CRA Project182R
Mandown46
MOPAR001
Matt
Ax4x Mikey J
BG Scarlett
force
Johnnyboy3600
Beanz
AngelKristensen
theboomeranga
Duke of Bruno
AMR of the Apex
EZT Challenger
Hainesy
Ax4x Chaddy
Biggsy tv
Ax4x Kane
nickyf1
lfcnicklfc
GTR Evoluzione
CQR Aero
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
CQR Rogue
42 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Suggestion Box - Page 7 Empty Re: Suggestion Box

Post by AMR of the Apex Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 15:59

Have you got any of those guitars, that are like "double guitars", you know?
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 17:22

Fazed, I am by no means "fast" in any sense of the word, but somehow I made it to Staff... by developing and running a string of successful series in the TCR section.

We currently have some 9 series running at the moment, although a few are wrapping up, and there's a couple in the works. Running one series can be a lot of work, nine is hard to keep up with.

But don't let that stop you with running a series in the TORA Community Series section. See if your vision "works", or if some bits do and some fall flat, then adjust as needed for another go at it. I have seen your proposal, and I can see some bits that should work, and some I am a little skeptical about... but if you don't try it, we'll never know if the ideas are good or not.

One thing to keep in mind for the first go at a series, "interest drop off". It seems the first few weeks, people are more excited in the series, then that tends to wane afterwards. In previous American Iron/Trans Am series, I usually kept the series to under six rounds. This season, I got optimistic and increased it to eight... and the drop off late in the season has been high. Had I kept it to five rounds, there'd have been less drop off. The reason I heard for many that quit is "races too long", so keep that in mind as well. My most successful series see a full race meet, from start of Q to end of the last race, at just about one hour. That keeps people with limited time happy, same with short attention spans.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 17:42

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t16646-toyota-finance-86-championship-gauging-interest This I what I've had in mind with spec cup now being over, obviously the calendar will have to be changed...

I get what you mean by the favouritism, but from personal experiences over my time at TORA it has felt a little bit as such, but I understand it's not a deliberate thing, just the same guys having amazing ideas! Not knocking the way the site is run by any stretch, it's a great thing.
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PROD DTechR Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 18:42

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Fazed, I am by no means "fast" in any sense of the word, but somehow I made it to Staff... by developing and running a string of successful series in the TCR section.

We currently have some 9 series running at the moment, although a few are wrapping up, and there's a couple in the works. Running one series can be a lot of work, nine is hard to keep up with.

But don't let that stop you with running a series in the TORA Community Series section. See if your vision "works", or if some bits do and some fall flat, then adjust as needed for another go at it. I have seen your proposal, and I can see some bits that should work, and some I am a little skeptical about... but if you don't try it, we'll never know if the ideas are good or not.

One thing to keep in mind for the first go at a series, "interest drop off". It seems the first few weeks, people are more excited in the series, then that tends to wane afterwards. In previous American Iron/Trans Am series, I usually kept the series to under six rounds. This season, I got optimistic and increased it to eight... and the drop off late in the season has been high. Had I kept it to five rounds, there'd have been less drop off. The reason I heard for many that quit is "races too long", so keep that in mind as well. My most successful series see a full race meet, from start of Q to end of the last race, at just about one hour. That keeps people with limited time happy, same with short attention spans.

Yes Mikey! I agree with you in some part, but if you balance each car with the faster car or the slower one and this included testing the cars on each track, so you can see series more interesting.
PROD DTechR
PROD DTechR

TORA Race Number : 554
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 19:26

^ The cars were quite balanced in initial builds and testings, but when certain cars got rebuilt with certain other parts, those cars became less balanced with the others. The Cougar wasn't great with the race or sport trans, but when the stock or street transmissions were installed, it became a lot better. I'm trying really hard not to say the words "glitch tuning" but it's very close to what I am thinking.

BTW, the 1977 Trans Am has just as much potential in that department. Had people chose it over cars that get less fuel economy, and had tuned it better, that car seems quicker than the Cougar for me.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 22:54

[quote="Flyin Mikey J"]^ The cars were quite balanced in initial builds and testings, but when certain cars got rebuilt with certain other parts, those cars became less balanced with the others. The Cougar wasn't great with the race or sport trans, but when the stock or street transmissions were installed, it became a lot better. I'm trying really hard not to say the words "glitch tuning" but it's very close to what I am thinking.

BTW, the 1977 Trans Am has just as much potential in that department. Had people chose it over cars that get less fuel economy, and had tuned it better, that car seems quicker than the Cougar for me.[/quote

Mikey, id love to pick your brains on what you think would work best for my idea, so far it's pretty much how the real life championship is set, but I can see that potentially running 3 races per meet would fry even the most patient of brains. Any ideas/criticisms are welcome Very Happy

Last edited by Fazed Intro on Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 22:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My phone doesn't seem to realise the difference between Mikey and Mickey)
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 31 Mar 2016 - 23:01

Three sprints are tried and true. Was the format for some 10 or so seasons of TCC, and many other series here at TORA.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 23:38

Since the Number of new drivers in TORA are growing and with some issues with some drivers, I like to suggest a championship which is only open to members under 6 months to see about their driving.

the car be a 2016 Mazda MX5 and use it as a spec class car with no tuning allowed
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERICK IS TOG Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 20:47

can we run a formula ford championship on forza 6 plz
MAVERICK IS TOG
MAVERICK IS TOG

TORA Race Number : 139
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:20

RW26 BLAZE wrote:Since the Number of new drivers in TORA are growing and with some issues with some drivers, I like to suggest a championship which is only open to members under 6 months to see about their driving.

the car be a 2016 Mazda MX5 and use it as a spec class car with no tuning allowed

Sounds like a great idea

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:25

xebot360 wrote:
RW26 BLAZE wrote:Since the Number of new drivers in TORA are growing and with some issues with some drivers, I like to suggest a championship which is only open to members under 6 months to see about their driving.

Sounds like a great idea

If this goes through, I wouldn't mind helping out depending on the day (for races and qualifying) and in general (updating stuff)

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:31

I submitted something like that in the new suggestion box. A little more complicated, but it goes as follows:

"The idea is based on the principles of 'Gran Turismo Academy', taking people who are new to the TORA and firing them up through the ranks and upping the skill level of many drivers to create close racing up front and perhaps eliminate the issues faced by some new drivers.

The Setup

Drivers
As this is for people who are new to virtual racing and TORA itself, the series will only be open to those who signed up to TORA in the 3 months, or have not participated in a TORA event yet, as these are most likely to be the best candidates, with the exception of some high-profile drivers joining who sign up to major TORA events.

'Judges'
These will be a representative each from six teams within TORA, who will host and participate in the events to help the drivers with their racecraft and performance. No other drivers outside those chosen will be able to join the events, and no outside interference from teams will be allowed as this may rig the results.

Events
there will be nine events in total - three time trials, three races, and three 'special events' (yet to be decided). the order of events will be as follows:

1. Time Trial
2. Special Event
3. Race
4. Time Trial
5. Special Event
6. Race
7. Time Trial
8. Special Event
9. Race

The first three rounds will feature all drivers, however, commencing at round four, a select proportion of drivers will be 'eliminated' each round (this number will not change each round) until six drivers remain after the final round.

The 'Judges' will then make an agreement on which drivers they would like to join their team, being allowed to pick one driver each.*

Issues
The first of these is that any teams outside the event may be able to 'rig' events by offering help to drivers in the series. This is an unlikely situation, but is one to be aware of.

Secondly, there is the debate over who to let decide where the winners go: the drivers or the judges. This is a large factor for the end of the tournament, however, there is also the option that they may not go to a team at the end at all, instead looking at teams outside the ones represented by the judges or being offered drives with other teams.

The final issue is that of total entrants. If the series does not pick up enough drivers then this will be impossible, as well as some drivers being absent for an event, which after round 3 would see them eliminated. However, the idea may be pitched to the community to see if they would enter this or like to help organise this.

*This may also be negated by simply entering the final six into a tenth and final round on their own, where the winner is crowned the champion of this 'TORA Academy' and gains a winner's ribbon for their profile, whilst the five runners-up will receive a 'finalist' ribbon to add to their profile, making them stand out to other teams who may want to offer a drive to these individuals."

This I will admit is rather complicated, but at the time it seemed like a good format to do it with. It could be slimmed down to just three events, with three sprints being held on each one, and the third event being one 'feature race similar to touring masters, and the elimination system could be scrapped. This way, there is enough events to progress up the racing ladder each time, but not so short that it is all to waste.

Suggestion Box - Page 7 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:56

TSR Noodle wrote:I submitted something like that in the new suggestion box. A little more complicated, but it goes as follows:

"The idea is based on the principles of 'Gran Turismo Academy', taking people who are new to the TORA and firing them up through the ranks and upping the skill level of many drivers to create close racing up front and perhaps eliminate the issues faced by some new drivers.

The Setup

Drivers
As this is for people who are new to virtual racing and TORA itself, the series will only be open to those who signed up to TORA in the 3 months, or have not participated in a TORA event yet, as these are most likely to be the best candidates, with the exception of some high-profile drivers joining who sign up to major TORA events.

'Judges'
These will be a representative each from six teams within TORA, who will host and participate in the events to help the drivers with their racecraft and performance. No other drivers outside those chosen will be able to join the events, and no outside interference from teams will be allowed as this may rig the results.

Events
there will be nine events in total - three time trials, three races, and three 'special events' (yet to be decided). the order of events will be as follows:

1. Time Trial
2. Special Event
3. Race
4. Time Trial
5. Special Event
6. Race
7. Time Trial
8. Special Event
9. Race

The first three rounds will feature all drivers, however, commencing at round four, a select proportion of drivers will be 'eliminated' each round (this number will not change each round) until six drivers remain after the final round.

The 'Judges' will then make an agreement on which drivers they would like to join their team, being allowed to pick one driver each.*

Issues
The first of these is that any teams outside the event may be able to 'rig' events by offering help to drivers in the series. This is an unlikely situation, but is one to be aware of.

Secondly, there is the debate over who to let decide where the winners go: the drivers or the judges. This is a large factor for the end of the tournament, however, there is also the option that they may not go to a team at the end at all, instead looking at teams outside the ones represented by the judges or being offered drives with other teams.

The final issue is that of total entrants. If the series does not pick up enough drivers then this will be impossible, as well as some drivers being absent for an event, which after round 3 would see them eliminated. However, the idea may be pitched to the community to see if they would enter this or like to help organise this.

*This may also be negated by simply entering the final six into a tenth and final round on their own, where the winner is crowned the champion of this 'TORA Academy' and gains a winner's ribbon for their profile, whilst the five runners-up will receive a 'finalist' ribbon to add to their profile, making them stand out to other teams who may want to offer a drive to these individuals."

This I will admit is rather complicated, but at the time it seemed like a good format to do it with. It could be slimmed down to just three events, with three sprints being held on each one, and the third event being one 'feature race similar to touring masters, and the elimination system could be scrapped. This way, there is enough events to progress up the racing ladder each time, but not so short that it is all to waste.

Not a bad idea either. Could use the MX'5s as Blaze stated for this if possible Razz

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:03

xebot360 wrote:
TSR Noodle wrote:I submitted something like that in the new suggestion box. A little more complicated, but it goes as follows:

The Setup

Drivers

'Judges'

Events

1. Time Trial
2. Special Event
3. Race
4. Time Trial
5. Special Event
6. Race
7. Time Trial
8. Special Event
9. Race

Issues

Not a bad idea either. Could use the MX'5s as Blaze stated for this if possible Razz

Also, for the judges, maybe get guys from a team who wants to recruit new drivers

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 2:28

That's what I'd been hoping aha, my team isn't recruiting but after trying to find a way to sort drivers within Samsung I realised it could be broadened for TORA as a whole, and would benefit some of the startup teams looking to compete in future events, or may lead to brand new drivers going up the levels into top teams.

From what I've read, Gran Turismo Sport is using a schooling system to train racers before they enter multiplayer, which is what this could achieve too, as would Rob's idea of a junior series. Could just use that but have a faster car each race, such as:

Race 1: Mazda MX-5 Cup - Laguna Seca
Race 2: Spec VW Scirocco GT24 (A class build) - Nurburgring GP/GP Short
Race 3: Formula Ford - Silverstone National
Race 4: One-make TCC (Car TBC) - Brands Hatch Indy
Race 5: Spec Ferrari 458 Challenge (S class build) - Road Atlanta Full
Race 6: One-Make TORA GT (Car TBC) - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

This list is only a mock-up of what a series may look like.

The Scirocco and Ferrari have been chosen as examples of road-going race cars that rely on high-speed mechanical grip and stability. I have a rough build for the Scirocco used for online hoppers that is running almost all available race kit, the original drivetrain and engine and outputting around 330bhp (The real GT24 has 405bhp), but I do not have a build for the 458, though the stock Team Forza car may do.

I think a format such as this would work, with either a single race for each event or a two-race format for all events bar the final GT event, which will be a feature race length. All cars will be stock with the exception of those listed for builds, which will be constructed to suit the level of speed and handling needed for that race in the series.

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 12:57

TSR Noodle wrote:That's what I'd been hoping aha, my team isn't recruiting but after trying to find a way to sort drivers within Samsung I realised it could be broadened for TORA as a whole, and would benefit some of the startup teams looking to compete in future events, or may lead to brand new drivers going up the levels into top teams.

From what I've read, Gran Turismo Sport is using a schooling system to train racers before they enter multiplayer, which is what this could achieve too, as would Rob's idea of a junior series. Could just use that but have a faster car each race, such as:

The Scirocco and Ferrari have been chosen as examples of road-going race cars that rely on high-speed mechanical grip and stability. I have a rough build for the Scirocco used for online hoppers that is running almost all available race kit, the original drivetrain and engine and outputting around 330bhp (The real GT24 has 405bhp), but I do not have a build for the 458, though the stock Team Forza car may do.

I think a format such as this would work, with either a single race for each event or a two-race format for all events bar the final GT event, which will be a feature race length. All cars will be stock with the exception of those listed for builds, which will be constructed to suit the level of speed and handling needed for that race in the series.

Sounds pretty good tbh.

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 14:45

Can the F Ford race be anywhere but Silverstone National??
I hate that track
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 14:51

ErebusV8 wrote:Can the F Ford race be anywhere but Silverstone National??
I hate that track

It's a good track for people who aren't so familiar with technical tracks, making it ideal for this series Imo

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 17:18

xebot360 wrote:
TSR Noodle wrote:That's what I'd been hoping aha, my team isn't recruiting but after trying to find a way to sort drivers within Samsung I realised it could be broadened for TORA as a whole, and would benefit some of the startup teams looking to compete in future events, or may lead to brand new drivers going up the levels into top teams.

Sounds pretty good tbh.

its a good idea, for the MX5, it best to get the racing handling stuff on the car for it.

as for finding teams, I'm technically not in a team, I'm more a driver who likes to run by myself, I do help some teams like LMP in the longer endurance events.

| be happy to help run the event or spectate the events incase for trouble.
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Green ZX10 Tue 21 Jun 2016 - 18:49

I really like that Gran Turismo Academy Idea thing. It sounds like one of those Team TV shows. From what I read at least.
Team Green ZX10
Team Green ZX10

TORA Race Number : 352
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 7:44

ErebusV8 wrote:Can the F Ford race be anywhere but Silverstone National??
I hate that track

This was only an example track/car list, though as Xebot said it's a simple track to learn, and sticks to the car's heritage, as would Brands Hatch.

RW26 BLAZE wrote:as for finding teams, I'm technically not in a team, I'm more a driver who likes to run by myself, I do help some teams like LMP in the longer endurance events.

The whole 'teams and judges' elimination thing will most likely disappear and leave this calendar as an ordinary championship, albeit for new drivers only.

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 4:52

Just an idea but with all these comments about 'people who shouldn't be racing' what if we brought spec cup back, B class car no upgrades or tuning, anyone can enter but all new members must complete 5 races or 1/2 a season whichever is less, in spec cup before having the freedom to enter any TORA championship. This will ensure they understand how races are organised, gain confidence, race craft and also lets them get used to the whole scene in a more chilled championship than the big 1s.

More than half the mid pack started in spec cup it was more relaxed talking wise (so you could make new friends) but still plenty of respect, and you didn't have the really fast guys demoralising someone whos just come on TORA
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:18

I would love to Host Super Spec cup if its possible

A lobby Backmarker
Standard Fat guy
Pendulum tuning Garage Drivet

1st 4X TORA TCC Privateer, TORA Big rigs privateer, TORA AM IRON privateer ACCR LMP PRO, GT3, GTO & Touring masters.
PTG DTCC Drivers and privateer winner Season 2
2nd V8 Supercars, TCC 2022, PTG DTCC Drivers title
( Also double OMA TCC Privateer and team hard champion...but...yanno...wooden spoon things)
( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)
Suggestion Box - Page 7 PbNPSDnSuggestion Box - Page 7 PNUZuSu
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:28

We advertise and promote "all skill levels welcome". Unless they are complete hacks with no racecraft whatsoever, there is no one who "shouldn't be racing". Part of the problem stems from smaller lobbies, where faster more experienced drivers are grouped with slower and often less experienced ones. It's been my experience that the more skilled drivers could show a bit more patience...............

Suggestion Box - Page 7 Y4AOm8B

Suggestion Box - Page 7 Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then Suggestion Box - Page 7 MMW7lPFSuggestion Box - Page 7 Ugzq3mESuggestion Box - Page 7 SyP3J7VSuggestion Box - Page 7 ThRRsUxSuggestion Box - Page 7 UDO8mUuSuggestion Box - Page 7 DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4313
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down