TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media.

+35
xDEM0N L0RDx
MOMOnica 97
PROD DTechR
Ax4x Broomz
BG Wumba
ATP Wheelwash
Standaman94
LMR Deftone MX
big dj210
DOR keithn222
Morne in Glory
ES5XB0Y
RW26 BLAZE
AMS MeaD 212
S1lentRaven.
SFM Benedict
HCR generaltso
Richy59
theboomeranga
henkymetcola
CredibleWizard
BG Wingnut396
DeweyTee
MotoYeti
CQR Myles
CQR Rogue
LongChart9
RumbleBee 392
LMR BlackHawk
AMR of the Apex
VVV GunDaM
Matt
Ax4x Bandit
LMR DarthMario
F4H Lotterer
39 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 Empty Re: MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media.

Post by ATP Wheelwash Sun 2 Jun 2013 - 17:21

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922110534_61b17abc88_c

Thirty seven cars in the pits at Autodromo Del Mugello on Saturday evening for Round Three of the Audi R8 Cup, 48 laps and a Superpole awaiting the teams this week, and for myself, a thirty second timeslot from finishing my other race to starting qualifying for this one and jumping from a 1972 Mercedes Benz 300 SEL around Le Mans into the R3 powered Audi R8 LMS around the Mugello Club Circuit, while grabbing a sandwich and a coffee was one hell of a adjustment.

Thankfully, qualifying went really well, i was pleased the way the Audi was dialled in for the track, and a qualifying time of 56:269 was posted, which ended up being eighth fastest overall, meaning a Lobby One appearance for the first time in this series and to say i was happy, well the sandwich had an extra helping of pickle to celebrate.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8921494655_ecaca4f9ca_c

This week, an added bonus of pressure, having qualified for the lobby, it was Superpole time, a one flying lap scenario for the starting grid in the Lobby, now with a full belly, thanks to the ham salad sandwich and being awake thanks to the coffee that accompanied it, i was ready to try to improve again, another solid lap of 56:605 saw me eighth again for the start of the race, XPR Mad Dog being the unluckiest loser in this, the stunning 55:471 time set in qualifying, erased and only fourth quickest in Superpole, meaning his XPR team mate XPR Eggy, stepping on to the front spot for the race.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922110352_c036dd0674_c

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922110508_8f8a02ff45_c

It was a position that XPR Eggy wasnt going to give up again, a fantastic start saw the green Nokia R8 breaking a gap and never surrendering that for the entire 48 laps. Behind him aKoreanMango and TPR Zermatt were duking it out early doors, XPR Mad Dog's start saw him having to fight in the mid pack cluster bomb, which all somehow managed to get through Turns 2 & 3, three wide on occasions.

For myself, well it wasnt a great start, but i rarely do to be honest so im used to it, played it safe taking a wider line through Turn One San Donarto and found myself in 11th place in no time at all. DTech PR ran wide on Lap 4 coming out of Turn 5 and a position gained going side by side through Casanova, a trading of paint between the cars, but a position gained for myself.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922112412_fb62138eeb_c

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922112214_41acd857d4_c

Next target was the battling duo of CRJ TGPRO1 and Super T27, in eight and ninth, who were having a right ding dong battle, unfortunately contact between them again through the tricky right hander of Casanova, it loosened Super T27 up and unfortunately an attempt at avoiding a collision failed, causing damage to my car on the front end, as well as knocking the Flatout Motorsport Audi off the track, a pass on CRJ TGPRO1 a few laps later, taking advantage of the draft down the long staright, and i was back up to eighth spot.

Lying in seventh was the team mate of XPR Eggy in the series, XPR DEvil, but he was increasing the gap on myself, so it was time to bury the head down and start a hot lapping session, consolidating my spot and laying down some times, one of which was a 56:009, which was a personal best on the week for myself.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8921496471_d383fb1df3_c

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922110224_16255bc521_c

At the end of the 48 laps, it was XPR Eggy taking a well deserved victory, with a faultless display out front, aKoreanMango finishing second and XPR Mad Dog making a superb recovery to take the final step on the podium. TPR Zermatt did a sterling job as substitute as team mate to XPR Mad Dog in the gorgeous Würfelhusten Racing Team for LeMans Rennsport with Demo Marksman rounding out the top five in the purple OnPole Audi R8 pictured above.

For myself, qualified eighth, was eighth in Superpole and finished the race in eighth. So to celebrate, i got up at 8am this morning and posted another eight photos up on my Facebook page, including stuff like this:-

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8922112400_46b11af940_c

Next week sees a trip to North America and the Sedona Raceway Park Club Circuit, now thats going to be an exciting challenge in the Audi R8 LMS, although i would have just finished 50 laps around Tsukuba Short in the VM Classics, so sedatives may be on the menu next week!!
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 Empty Re: MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media.

Post by ATP Wheelwash Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 15:56

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8994544855_10cf3dda7b_c

Round Four and a trip to the magnificent Sedona Raceway Park for 48 laps around the Club Circuit, a much under used but enjoyable circuit, i will admit, the first time i have driven anything as fast as the Audi R8 LMS around this venue and it really was entertaining and education during the week while in practice mode.

Qualifying this week, well having barely scraped in last week thanks to the late running of a prior race, this week was literally my the skin of the teeth, and a big thank you to XPR Mad Dog, our Lobby Host which hangs on till the last minute so i could make it, very much appreciated as im loving this series as much as the prior engagement and although not wanting to delay the proceedings, i know im pushing the limits in this series.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8994544885_13a927a0a4_c

It was a successful qualifying campaign this week, as i mentioned in the opening paragraph, i really like Sedona Club and although the speed of the WRT Audi was quicker than my usual preference around here, i did get a good handle on the car for this round. A time of 1:06:022 popped in the session, right on the money of where i had been all week, and a pleasant surprise to be fifth quickest overall, but still a second off the pace of the leading two XPR guys, XPR Mad Dog breaking into the 1:04's during qualifying.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8995735480_2e28cc6108_c

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8994545507_248020cc57_c

The race itself was a fairly uneventful 47 laps in the main for myself, my race pace wasnt as quick as a few behind me, Big Hamish getting past early doors and BG Wumba doing the same a few laps later, but a good consistent run of laps, all in the 1:06 flat mark was maintaining the sixth spot, which turned to fifth when BG Wumba unfortunately lagged out on Lap 28.

But the race was 48 laps i hear, yes i know, i had one extremely eventful lap, Lap 27 and going down the back straight over the hill, and granted, i was pushing the limits looking for quick times in a vein attempt at not being lapped, the WRT Audi stepped out and we went a spinning down the track at around the 150mph mark, thankfully Sedona's Club Circuit is generous in run off areas and i didnt hit anything, but i did a huge plume of tyre smoke, soiled underwear and a smile to the face of DTech PR who was having a bad race due to early damage and had just been lapped by myself, but he had ringside seats to my alarming error of judgement. Unfortunately, due to the unique way in which the Forza replay saves, it didnt last long enough for me to see the incident again, shame really as it would have made for a couple of cracking shots.

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8995734850_9eed1ec0be_c

XPR Eggy ended up taking the win, a different league out front, running consistent mid 1:04's, he lapped the entire field up to fourth place and in the nine remaining laps lapping me, managed to put a further 13 seconds on me and i thought i was flying at the end and mistake free. That victory followed up the success last week at Mugello Club and sees the XPR man with a five point gap from XPR Mad Dog, who finished second, at the top of the standings with two rounds left.

Demo Marksman took the OnPole.com Audi to the final spot on the podium this week, as well as the points standings, with Big Hamish doing the same with fourth place. Next week sees Silverstone International hosting proceedings, who will come out on top? Will i make a qualifying session with more than a minute rest?

As always, the replay is on my storefront for the next seven days if you would like to enjoy the race again and theres more pictures on my Facebook Page including a fantastic shot of BG Wumba's Need For Speed Audi that looks a bit like this

MSA TORA Audi R8 Cup - Media. - Page 8 8995735118_9d0622f9bc_c
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8