TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion

+10
TLR Scrublord
xDEM0N L0RDx
PROD DTechR
RumbleBee 392
XPR Roadrunner
HCR ChicaiN
LMR DarthMario
Duke of Bruno
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Mikey J
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 May 2013 - 6:24

oh yea, completely forgot it's still only sunday for you pale
and it'll be 1 am ASET pale Sad
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 6 May 2013 - 6:36

limited
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 6 May 2013 - 8:35

my proposed paint for this series
replica of the 2013 Erebus Motorsport SLS in the Australian GT series
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 Forza212
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:03

I was just thinking that if we do go with Limited Damage, maybe set Collisions to "Default" rather than "On" so that in case of lag there is a chance of ghosting through each other?

Just an option.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 6 May 2013 - 17:22

COSMETIC...SAVE THE END OF THE SERIES!

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 KHTHT1WTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 VM546ZeTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 QkT2IEuTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 AA5PAOdTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 LzMXDBVTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 5RsfDXaTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EpdDAig
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EpdDAig

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 7 May 2013 - 17:31

Did some testing last night w/ Limited Damage, inc intentionally damaging the car... and the thing is pretty tough. 20% front and 35% rear aero damage did nothing to slow it down, and never did get any damage beyond aero.

If you see me on tonight, there will be some testing going on. Let me know if you want in.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Wed 8 May 2013 - 18:32

After testing I think these cars should be ok with Limited damage.

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 KHTHT1WTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 VM546ZeTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 QkT2IEuTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 AA5PAOdTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 LzMXDBVTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 5RsfDXaTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 EpdDAig

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 9 May 2013 - 2:38

BloodYCaiN wrote:After testing I think these cars should be ok with Limited damage.

thanks again for testing that with me CaiN. We hammered on them pretty hard, and proved that these cars are definitely "Built Ford Tough". Laughing

Got quite a bit of aero, yet no damage to anything else. As long as collisions are set to "Default" to help with lag spikes, I think we are good to go.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PROD DTechR Thu 9 May 2013 - 16:43

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
BloodYCaiN wrote:After testing I think these cars should be ok with Limited damage.

thanks again for testing that with me CaiN. We hammered on them pretty hard, and proved that these cars are definitely "Built Ford Tough". Laughing

Got quite a bit of aero, yet no damage to anything else. As long as collisions are set to "Default" to help with lag spikes, I think we are good to go.

you tested with Cain again and you leave me out! Ok no problem...
PROD DTechR
PROD DTechR

TORA Race Number : 554
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 9 May 2013 - 17:27

^ You weren't on... I'd rather have all the cars I could get into a test.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Thu 9 May 2013 - 17:37

DTechPR wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:

I would have invited you if you were on.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PROD DTechR Thu 9 May 2013 - 19:45

BloodYCaiN wrote:
DTechPR wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:

I would have invited you if you were on.

I'm just kidding!
PROD DTechR
PROD DTechR

TORA Race Number : 554
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 11 May 2013 - 3:12

I know the starts of the first two races were rough... my car was aero destroyed in T2 L1 of R1, and had serious engine damage same place R2. But, in accordance with TORA's official restart policy, there just were not enough cars involved to warrant a restart in either incident. And if I called for one tonight, I would have been hypocritical as I have been one to say that the restarts have often been misused lately.

That being said, at least I was close enough to watch an epic battle right in front of me all of Race 3, and even got involved in it for a few laps. I have no idea what the race was like up front, but where I was it was a knock down drag out fight.

Glad to see that the car and build seemed to do exactly what it was meant to, as well as a tweaked race format that creates close competition all night long. Cool

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sat 11 May 2013 - 5:03

BloodYCaiN wrote:Yeah...I hit someone in the first race...feel terrible about it but he never left the track, recovered quick and took 2nd. I also proceeded to battle bumper to bumper with two other cars the whole race. In the second race...my car got destroyed in places and events that shouldn't really happen. It's just not worth hurrying home and missing family time to get taken out so senselessly. Without cosmetic damage...I'm out. Sorry I exploded. I have to jump through a lot of hoops to make this race so that shyt stressed me out.

Good luck

Apologize again Mario
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 11 May 2013 - 10:14

Was fun racing glad i stayed up Smile
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 11 May 2013 - 11:08

Your Audi is too fast Trash. Razz

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 4CehZCuTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 1Im0ehJTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 AZBlrjnTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 SSaUnAU
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 KlHMZuJTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 1vuHXh0TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 FoUH4rWTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 11 May 2013 - 11:26

LOL no its reliability and consistency , but great race our lap times were only a 10th apart.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Sat 11 May 2013 - 14:29

Yeah...I hit someone in the first race...feel terrible about it but he never left the track, recovered quick and took 2nd. I also proceeded to battle bumper to bumper with two other cars the whole race. In the second race...my car got destroyed in places and events that shouldn't really happen. It's just not worth hurrying home and missing family time to get taken out so senselessly. Without cosmetic damage...I'm out. Sorry I exploded. I have to jump through a lot of hoops to make this race so that shyt stressed me out.

Good luck

Apologies again Mario

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 11 May 2013 - 14:43

LMR Trash wrote:LOL no its reliability and consistency , but great race our lap times were only a 10th apart.

considering i had about 10% rear, 7% sides in that last race. Smile

We'll see what Road Atlants holds for these awesome 'Stangs.

lil bit of useless info: my father owned an 05 'Stang before trading it in for a '13 Ranger 4x4 (winters in CT can be tough for a RWD trying to get up a steep driveway, even with a set of snow/winter tires put on, and a pair of 50lb sand bags in the trunk)

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 4CehZCuTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 1Im0ehJTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 AZBlrjnTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 SSaUnAU
TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 KlHMZuJTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 1vuHXh0TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 FoUH4rWTORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 11 May 2013 - 18:53

DarthMario... in testing, we (intentionally) got aero damage to see how it affected lap times on Silverstone's long straights... and 35% front, 25% rear and 12% side damage didn't slow down the Mustangs.

But, no matter how hard the hit, we never were able to get anything other than body damage... until last night. And I found out that significant engine damage is still a bad thing. So, after beating the hell outta my car too early in the first two races, I decided to be patient in R3. Still got the same 9th place finish, but at least I got to race with others the whole time, which made it a whole lot more fun.

Sorry, CaiN... I thank you for all your help setting this up, and really wish you'd reconsider the whole quitting thing. I'm hoping the early laps in the remaining rounds are a whole lot cleaner as everyone gets used to the braking characteristics of the car.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 11 May 2013 - 18:58

The overall schedule is a bit of this and that, as we go from rather tight circuits with quick laptimes to proper full circuits on an alternating basis. The reason I decided to try this approach, besides variety, is that the cars grip nicely along with their inherent V8 power.

But now I am starting to fear the later round at Tsukuba almost as much as I am looking forward to the Maple Valley R round.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JKGrizzle Sat 11 May 2013 - 20:44

Tskuba is hands down my favorite track but I still don't trust the brakes on these mustangs. That should certainly be an interesting night.
JKGrizzle
JKGrizzle

TORA Race Number : 338
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 12 May 2013 - 4:37

Hoping that by the time Tsukuba comes around, everyone has a handle on the braking. Laughing

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Mon 13 May 2013 - 19:55

Forgot i had this paint Very Happy

TORA Mustang Challenge Discussion - Page 2 GetPhoto-3_zpsa81dcbfc
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 18 May 2013 - 6:43

^ That livery looks even better in-race. Stunning as it flew past me in T7.

Sorry for the delays, lag and comm issues tonight. Good racing throughout, but the length of R3 is concerning me. I think I will adjust Race 3 for the rest of the schedule to 20/25 minutes max.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next