TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then?

+11
Richy59
ATR DAN
PLOW tubbi
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Ax4x Mikey J
CQR Rogue
theboomeranga
Ax4x Bandit
DeweyTee
TheAngryPudding
Wooflers
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then?

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Vote_lcap30%Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 19 ]
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Vote_lcap25%Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 16 ]
Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Vote_lcap44%Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 28 ]

Total Votes : 63

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Empty Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then?

Post by Wooflers Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:37

Hellooooo

We're trying to get a bit of feedback and get a feel for what people want in these Spec Cups, so we're asking the question of: "Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then?"

The argument towards this is that the game has been out for a while now (two years) and we want to make use of the latest DLC additions to the game, to further boost what we have to offer, and to have more fun at the end of the day Smile

Please feel free to comment on the issue!

PS This is not a suggestion thread to what cars we should run in this series... please keep relevant!
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Empty Re: Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then?

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:40

I've said depends. If you've got a car in mind maybe stick a poll up when your planning on running it to gauge interest. But in theory it's not a bad idea

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Empty Re: Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then?

Post by DeweyTee Fri 10 May 2013 - 0:01

I don't have anything against running DLC cars...... but I'm going to assume there are others that haven't downloaded every car pack. There was one or two packs that I had absolutely no interest in.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Fri 10 May 2013 - 0:06

I'm pretty sure any of the cars that would fit this series are either free or can be bought separately, so I would not mind if a DLC car was in (especially since I have all of the cars except for the Horizon Pre-Order Challenger and only one of the Unicorn cars).
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 10 May 2013 - 0:13

accidentally hit yes that i was opposed :s
but i'm completely up for it, especially if its the transit and GMC van championship Wink
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 10 May 2013 - 8:56

DLC shouldnt be a issue most of us have all DLC end of
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 10 May 2013 - 9:01

If the DLC is unique, such as Porsche, Transit Vans, or old Beetle, then by all means yes...

Last edited by Flyin Mikey J on Fri 10 May 2013 - 9:11; edited 1 time in total
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 10 May 2013 - 9:07

Dont know why people think this is such an issue, we ran a Porsche cup and thats the most expensive DLC going
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 10 May 2013 - 9:16

exactly ^^
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri 10 May 2013 - 10:55

I like the idea of using all of the game but I,ve consistantly found that the masses like the same old tripe rolled out with a slightly different spin on it.

This is good from a running it point of view becausde it's tried and tested and the alot of the formats bring in big numbers.

I do wish it could be a bit more diverse, I found myself racing wobble boxes (Jnr Tcc cars) with XPLR, kind of made me feel a bit dirty considering I've been here a long long looooooooong time.

Everytime I diverge into some AWD or some van racing the numbers that show interest are less than the number of hairs on my dads head!.

The only success was when the Jnr Tcc (started off as a compact car idea) was made official by Tora and it was as bigger hit as the Msa Tcc.

I love mucking around with different stuff and are well up for it, so far as too say my personal time pending I will help with tuning etc if needed.

By this I mean I have a fairly good idea of what makes a goood racecar for all abilities, Eg the V8's run by myself and franchitti had twice the numbers of Mikeys attempt, the only difference was the handling was more in our competition hence the cars easier to drive and the less abled could have close racing fun in them without getting into trouble, simples.

I will be watching this space intently and if anything should arise that I perhaps miss, gimme a nudge please.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Fri 10 May 2013 - 12:37

To be perfectly honest, I don't oppose to using DLC cars as long as the choices for the spec series are sensible and would attract a lot of drivers.
I don't oppose because it's nice every now and then to use DLC vehicles so we've got a wider choice and we've got more of a selection. If people don't want to participate because they don't have the correct car pack, then it's their choice. People can't be forced to do something they don't want to.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri 10 May 2013 - 18:32

most guys have all of the dlc any way, or they turn the risk of force field issues when racing in the lobbies.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 10 May 2013 - 18:51

I think what needs to also be considered is also the fact that not every Spec cup will be a DLC car, it'll just be every now and then. For example, we'd be up for using the newer Clio 200 instead of the 197, however these cars are virtually identical and if people couldn't race in the 200 then what's the point in making it the DLC version seeing as there isn't much difference apart from looks.

Cars like the Transits, Alfa 155, the MGs and such would be great and different to race but are specific DLC cars. We could look at the free car option from a few packs, including the new Viper.

I wouldn't like to shy away from the DLC, especially as many people have paid money to use the cars and never really get the chance to.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Fri 10 May 2013 - 19:05

Jgroves has made an epic build for a Craftsman truck out of the Syclone. That'd be an awesome spec series

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 10 May 2013 - 19:08

exactly if the game was 1 month old yet its 2 years old; dlc will be used all

Last edited by SelectiveRogue on Sat 11 May 2013 - 8:11; edited 2 times in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Sat 11 May 2013 - 0:20

I think we all get Duncan's stance Wink
Wooflers
Wooflers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Sat 11 May 2013 - 0:56

Yeah Duncan is really against us using dlc cars
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 11 May 2013 - 8:11

lol!
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sat 11 May 2013 - 8:30

Duncan..........known for his subtle approach to delicate matters.

WE'RE USING FLARGLING DLC BOYS, BRING ON THE 4MILLION HORSE POWER TRANSITS CLARKSON STYLE.

Twisted Evil

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Clarks10

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Ford_110

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Van_0110

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Ford-w10

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Images10

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? 27973210

PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sat 11 May 2013 - 8:39

Sorry, got carried away.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sat 11 May 2013 - 8:54

Is it just me or is the hamster reaching for............something furry Suspect

Poll: Would you be opposed to having DLC-only Spec Cup championships now and then? Sabine10
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 15:08

Another suggestion maybe not only DLC but what about Unicorn Cars??  

I know not everyone has all the Unicorn cars, but I would love to see a serie for that...  Cheers
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 19:14

I think the monthly and free DLC should be about as far as it would go. The series will be hurt if Unicorns, VIP, Pre-Order, and the Horizon Pre-Order were to be used.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 23:23

We're not going to use any Unicorns I'm afraid. It would be silly to do something like that! You're right there Bandit.
Wooflers
Wooflers

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 23:34

Transit Vans with 75% grip reduction, you see what I'm getting at? Wink
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next