TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
British Motorsport News Interviews! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

British Motorsport News Interviews!

Go down

British Motorsport News Interviews! Empty British Motorsport News Interviews!

Below are the Interviews with (real world) Racing Drivers and Team Members that I have conducted for my website: www.britishmotorsportnews.tk

Enjoy!
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

British Motorsport News Interviews! :: Comments

FSR Groves

Post Tue 28 May 2013 - 15:38 by FSR Groves

British Motorsport News Interviews! Jack-Goff-8

(Above) Jack Goff took the Renault Clio Cup championship win last year. (Picture from thecheckeredflag.com)

In 2010, Jack Goff joined the ranks of BTCC support series, the Renault Clio Cup with Team Pyro.

Two years later, Goff won the 2012 Clio Championship ahead of multiple Clio champion Paul Rivett after picking up two wins and many consistent point finishes.

He then took part in a BTCC test session for Tony Gilham’s Team HARD in a Vauxhall Insignia VKR-R and was later announced to have signed a deal to race for the team in the 2013 Season.

Jack agreed to be my second Interviewee as we talked about his Motorsport Beginnings, BTCC Cars and the 2013 season:

Jordan: So Jack, first question: When and how did you get into Motorsport?

Jack: I have been involved in Motorsport since I was two. I started karting when I was six years old.

Jordan: Was there a driver that you supported when you were growing up? If there was, why?

Jack: In the BTCC it was more of an era that I supported, the super Touring Car days.

Jordan: Was racing in Formula One ever a dream for you? Or has it always been your goal to race in Touring Cars?

Jack: No, to be honest I have always watched the BTCC and it’s always been a dream of mine to compete in it. Now I’m making that dream reality and can’t wait to get into the season.

Jordan: How did the deal with Team HARD come about and did you have any offers from any other teams for a drive?

Jack: Tony offered me a test day at the end of last year and put a brilliant deal on the table. I had a fair bit of interest from other teams but Tony has a great approach to working with drivers.

Jordan: Was it Tony’s approach that swayed you to sign with the team? Or were there other reasons why you choose Team HARD over the others?

Jack: There were a lot of reasons but that was one of them.

Jordan: What do you think are the main differences between driving the Clio Cup Car and the Vauxhall BTCC car you tested?

Jack: Mainly the size. The speed and grip are all better but it’s the general size that’s the biggest difference.

British Motorsport News Interviews! 12ar

(Above) It was announced in December that Jack would race for Team HARD in BTCC 2013. (Picture from mjp-media.com)

Jordan: Is there an aspect of driving a BTCC car that you are going to have to get used to? Will you have to modify your driving style in any way?

Jack: Every car you drive you have to modify your driving style to suit the car. So I’m sure there will be things I’ll have to change. Obviously the touring car is turbo charges so that will make a difference.

Jordan: Are you under any pressure to perform well because of your Champion Status in the Clio Cup?

Jack: Obviously the Clio champion will get scrutinised slightly because you’re coming off of a championship win. But 2013 is a year for me to learn the ropes and hopefully get some podiums.

Jordan: Is there any particular driver that you are looking forward to racing next year? And is there any driver you are not looking forward to racing for any particular reason?

Jack: Nope. In my eyes every driver is out there to be beaten. But it will be good to be up against four BTCC champions.

Jordan: Is there a circuit this year that you enjoy driving more than the others? If so, Why?

Jack: I love Oulton Park and have had good results at Snetterton and Rockingham so those three probably.

Jordan: You mentioned earlier that you would like to get Podiums? Is that your main target for this season? And do you think you can challenge for race wins, particularly in the Reverse Grid races?

Jack: Yes, there is no reason why we can’t push for a win later in the year. Two ex-Clio drivers I have raced against won races this year, so there’s no reason why I can’t.

Jordan: Final question, who do you expect to be battling for the title come the end of the year?

Jack: I reckon it will be one of the four ex-champions (Shedden, Neal, Plato, Turkington) with Jackson chucked in there too.

Jordan: Excellent, well thank you very much for your time Jack and I wish you and your team luck this season!

Jack: No worries mate!

*End of interview*

Jack and the Team HARD guys will get the BTCC season underway on March 31st for round one of the British Touring Car Season, with Jack racing the Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R alongside James Cole, Tom Onslow-Cole, Robb Holland and an as yet unnamed 5th driver.

I’d like to thank Jack for agreeing to be interviewed and I can’t wait to see how he performs in his debut season.

This interview was conducted in January 2013

You can read the interview from the Website at the following link:

http://britishmotorsportnews.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/interview-with-team-hard-driver-jack-goff/

Back to top Go down

FSR Groves

Post Tue 28 May 2013 - 15:42 by FSR Groves

British Motorsport News Interviews! 6895446118_e1308ce75d_c

(Above) Tony Gilham in his HARD. Honda Civic at Brands Hatch last year. (Picture from flickr.com)

In 2011, Tony Gilham made his debut appearance in the British Touring Car Championship with 888 racing after competing in Porsche Carrera Cup Championship.

In 2012, he formed his own BTCC team ‘Team HARD.’ which now enters its second year of competition with 5 cars now competing for the team, the largest number of cars racing for one team.

Tony agreed to a Q&A session in which we discussed his racing and his team’s new signings and targets for 2013:

Jordan: Team HARD is entering its 2nd year of operation, and you’ve now got 5 cars racing for you. Why have you chosen to have this large amount of cars in one team?

Tony: 4 cars are in build and the 5th will be an optional extra depending on time, funds available and final sponsorship arrangements. It has happened as we have a unique approach which is working for us and everyone involved. We were planning on running 2 cars, but demand grew once we started talking to drivers and partners involved, so we carried the momentum on and there is still much more to come from us.

J: You’ve recently signed Jack Goff and James Cole to your team for 2013. How do you think they will fair in their debut seasons?

T: I have every confidence in both Jack and James. Jack is proven on the ToCA package as a championship winner from the Renault Clio Cup and I’m sure James will shock a few with his raw pace. James will soon get accustomed to the hustle and bustle and Jack has come through from very close racing already. They will hold their own and I have high hopes for them both. They are both very professional on and off track.

British Motorsport News Interviews! Goddyoung.

(Above) Gilham recently signed 2012 Clio Cup champion Jack Goff to race in BTCC this year. (Picture from thecheckeredflag.co.uk)

J: There is still one seat in your team available, are we going to see you back in the driving seat?

T: No, I won’t be racing this year. Instead I will be concentrating on managing instead, as hard as it is for me to be on the side-lines looking on. I still take great pleasure in helping other drivers and that includes VW Cup to BTCC and other series we are now getting involved in. We are very close to announcing the package and deal for our last seat. But as usual I’d like to make sure 100% before we go to press that everything is in place and works for everyone involved.

J: Can you give me any hints as to who you’re talking to? Someone experienced like your new signing Onslow-Cole or perhaps another Rookie?

T: Let’s just say Holland will be sharing with another rookie as we announced earlier. But if and when we announce the last full-time driver, it will be a shock, a big name and someone who will do a great job for us.

J: What were your highlights of your racing last year?

T: First ever podium at Donny (Donington Park Race 3) and my first Pole Position at Thruxton.

J: And what about the teams highlights? Would they be the same as your own?

T: It would be the same as it is always a team effort.

J: What are the team’s targets for the 2013 season?

T: We are chasing silverware but are realistic that this is a development year for the team and drivers. Everyone wants to win and we are no different.

J: Finally, can you give us your prediction as to who you think will win this year’s BTCC Championship?

T: I think it will be the usual suspects Neal, Shedden and Plato. But I would also like to think that TOC (Onslow-Cole) will be chasing them down with the likes of Turks (Turkington) and Jackson.

*End of Interview*

I would like to give special thanks Tony for agreeing to the interview and I wish him and his team luck in 2013.

Tony Gilham’s ‘Team HARD.’ will be in action from March 31st and Brands Hatch for the season opener of the BTCC season with Jack Goff and James Cole driving the Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R’s and Tom Onslow-Cole, Robb Holland and an as yet unnamed driver, driving Volkswagen CC’s.

This Interview was conducted in January 2013

You can read the full interview from the website here:

http://britishmotorsportnews.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/interview-with-btcc-team-boss-tony-gilham/

Back to top Go down

BG Wumba

Post Tue 28 May 2013 - 17:39 by BG Wumba

Nice write up! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

ShrinkingSteven

Post Tue 28 May 2013 - 18:01 by ShrinkingSteven

great write up keep 'em' comming! Cool

Back to top Go down

FSR Groves

Post Tue 28 May 2013 - 18:53 by FSR Groves

I will when I get more interviews Smile