TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
First Car Help!  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
First Car Help!  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
First Car Help!  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
First Car Help!  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
First Car Help!  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
First Car Help!  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
First Car Help!  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
First Car Help!  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
First Car Help!  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

First Car Help!

+2
Ax4x Kane
ART Carrera
6 posters

Go down

First Car Help!  Empty First Car Help!

Post by ART Carrera Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 0:36

Hey guys! Your fellow racer is going to get his first car soon! I need you guys to help me out. I'm looking for a sports car that won't destroy my wallet.... I don't mind getting a used car like a few years old, but my dad likes to lease new cars. My favorite option for a new 2013 model is the Genesis Coupe with 2.0Turbo i4 pushing 274 hp. I also like the Subaru WRX hatchback. I would love to get a BMW 335i but my parents don't want me too. So come on guys help me out ! Any reviews on the above mentioned cars or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Very Happy
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

First Car Help!  Empty Re: First Car Help!

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 0:43

How freakin' rich are your parents? I'm going to have to pay for my own Fiat cinquecento Rolling Eyes
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 0:51

Shh I'm not rich. Remember, leasing is literally 'renting' a car for three years. So you're not paying the full price as if you buy one!
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 2:17

Scuderia, everything I say here is only my opinion. I am a parent of two great children. One is 23 and the other is 10. So if I sound like a parent you know why. I'm only saying the things I do is because I would like to see you online for a long time and not someplace bad. Now for what I have to think.

If I was your dad (I know stupid saying), I would NEVER get my son/daughter a sports car. One the insurance is going to be absolutely outrageous. When my daughter got her license she wanted a Mustang. I told her no, because I knew the insurance/ maintenance/ car payment would be totaling close to $1000/mo. At that time I was able to afford that, but still it wasn't going to happen. I ended up getting her a Honda Civic. That way if she wanted to add aftermarket stuff to it she could and did eventually. My overall cost until she was able to pay for it on her own was close to half that of the Mustang, until she started getting tickets for stupid stuff. Now of your dad wants to lease is insurance is going to cost a fortune. If he leases his cars now it's probably pretty high, because in Florida and in most states you are required to carry no less than $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 limits on the car. Adding you with a sports car will drive it out of sight, especially living in Miami/Dade County. Another thing about the lease your limited to how many miles you are allowed to drive/accumulate over the lease period. Any miles over that limit you have to pay for when the car gets turned in. With this being your first car, your going to go everywhere and a lease wouldn't be good for that. Lastly, NO modifying especially on a lease. They charge high for it.

One other thing you will have to look at is law enforcement. Your young and you will be looked at pretty hard when driving. I know, I was a deputy here in Florida for almost 10 years before getting hurt. In that time I have written a few hundred tickets for speeding, careless driving, unsafe equipment, ect. ect.. I have also had to notify many parents that their son or daughter was hurt or even killed because they were unsafe while driving. Now you can be hurt in any car but there are a lot that were driving sports cars and thought they could handle the speed. I'm not saying you are a bad driver or anything, but everyone else is.

Now as for the cars, both are really good cars. I was about to get a Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec but the cost is too high. My insurance for the Genesis would go up at least $40 more a month. The WRX, my insurance would have gone up $30/mo. and my gas bill would almost triple. Plus for the WRX it's Premium gas only, where the Genesis you can put in either one.

There are many other cars that would be good and sporty if your interested. Here's my little list.
1) Ford Focus ST - Pros: Nice design, makes good power, good fuel economy. Cons: Pricey and really hard to find.
2) Suburu BRZ/ Scion FR-s - Pros: Great handling, good design, great motor and RWD. Cons: No turbo so lacking some power and pricey.
3) Honda Civic Si -  Pros: Good price, Sleek design, Good handling and big aftermarket. Cons: Noisey engine when the revs get high, everyone has one.
4) Scion tC - Pros: Solid build, proven motor and a ton of aftermarket parts. Cons: Can get pricey and a lot around.
Last but not least in any way (only because I bought one today and waiting it to get here from Ft. Myers)
5) Hyundai Veloster Turbo - Great price, Sporty looks, some aftermarket parts and will run on regular and premium gas. Cons: Really hard to find especially with a 6 speed Man and Ultimate package and same tire size as the regular 1.6L so handling isn't the best.

If your parents do agree to get you the Genesis, Impreza WRX or the BMW. That's great for you and would be a blast. But out of those 3 I would choose the Genesis Coupe. It has the lowest operating costs and just looks good, at least to me. The WRX would be a close second. All I can say now is please be careful and use your head. If you want to race, please go to a track or look for an autocross event. Don't get caught up in stupid stuff. Just have fun and enjoy whatever you get. Remember, this is only my opinion and mine alone. I just hope this helps.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 22:32

Wow.... Never expected a response like that.... Thanks a lot means a lot buddy! I'm looking into the BRZ now Very Happy 
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 23:17

First car? Jesus.

Expect the insurance to cost just as much as the car!
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 8:12

this is all you

LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 16:58

LMR Deftone MX wrote:this is all you

(youtube link)

grab some turtle shells, and you're golden!!!

First Car Help!  4CehZCuFirst Car Help!  1Im0ehJFirst Car Help!  AZBlrjnFirst Car Help!  SSaUnAU
First Car Help!  KlHMZuJFirst Car Help!  1vuHXh0First Car Help!  FoUH4rWFirst Car Help!  N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 20:10

LMR Scuderia wrote:Wow.... Never expected a response like that.... Thanks a lot means a lot buddy! I'm looking into the BRZ now Very Happy 

The BRZ is a really good car. You probably know this but it's the same engine that is in the WRX but without the turbo. The motor a Suburu boxer and rock solid. That car should last you a long while. Good luck and have fun with it!
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 20:36

Technically, the 2.0 H4 (engine code FA20[Toyota gives it a different code number]) that's in the BRZ/FR-S is also in the newer base trim Impreza's. the WRX's, at least the ones sold in the US, still use the 2.5L h4 turbo's (EJ255/257)

either way, i too would go with the lil Subie BRZ. if i could afford one, i would get one, but i cannot, so..... I'm lugging around my '05 Legacy 2.5i.

First Car Help!  4CehZCuFirst Car Help!  1Im0ehJFirst Car Help!  AZBlrjnFirst Car Help!  SSaUnAU
First Car Help!  KlHMZuJFirst Car Help!  1vuHXh0First Car Help!  FoUH4rWFirst Car Help!  N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 0:48

A friend just bought a '05 Legacy 2.5i GT. It is a nice car. I think of it as a old mans WRX. Hopefully my Veloster Turbo will be in tomorrow so I can start getting around in my budget minded style mobile.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum