TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times

+24
hilli182
dave sp2
SFM Benedict
LMP Phantom
BaronGreenbacke
F4H Stingray
BazookaZombie66
KZX Spider
Beanz
Mavrick 0
MAB170294
JOSHSIGGY
TLR Scrublord
Ax4x Mikey J
I Ray P Dave I
LZR Harmonic
OUTLA4W ST4R
LMR Zakspeed
S2M Ranger
AdamWatson99
TheAngryPudding
theboomeranga
Ax4x Bandit
Wooflers
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 Empty Re: MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times

Post by F4H Stingray Mon 16 Dec 2013 - 17:56

2:32:880
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 Empty Re: MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times

Post by JOSHSIGGY Mon 16 Dec 2013 - 21:10

oh fgs lol

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Mon 16 Dec 2013 - 23:15

2:31.107, 2:30 in it Smile
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade39x Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 1:01

So far I've managed a high 2:31.xxx but doubt I'll be there in qualifying  Neutral 
Blade39x
Blade39x

TORA Race Number : 528
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 19:18

Hate being a newbie as the best lap time I've managed at Road America is 2.39.181  pale 

How the hell are you guys being so quick?
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JOSHSIGGY Wed 18 Dec 2013 - 19:19

many years of practice lol. just got to put trust in your car and its tyres.

smoothness is key at Road America, also what assists are you using, myself im running no assists, manual w/clutch, on a controller.

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 2:01

MNM Smurfy wrote:many years of practice lol. just got to put trust in your car and its tyres.

smoothness is key at Road America, also what assists are you using, myself im running no assists, manual w/clutch, on a controller.

There's lots to gain and lose in tyre pressures I'm aware of that. I'm also on controller with no assists, manual gearbox with NO clutch, found that trying to clutch using a controller was a nightmare... way too many buttons to press and pull in when trying to change down a gear, steer and brake leading up to a tight corner.

Its funny really as I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd admit to thinking they were pretty fast in driving sims/games such as F1 2012, 2013, WRC and others, then when I joined TORA a few weeks back and competed in my first TORA race last week in the Maple Valley Spec Cup I got a hell of a reality check LMAO.

Practice makes perfect as they say but most of you guys are well... absolutely blistering fast! I demand you super fast guys should have weights added like in British Touring Cars and give the rest of us slower new guys a chance lol.  Razz 
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by paul299 Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 10:08

Have you tired changing the controller layout? There's an option to swap the handbrake and clutch controls that lots of people use. It's much easier using A as the clutch than it is the left bumper. It doesn't take too long to get used to and can give you an extra couple of tenths per lap.
paul299
paul299

TORA Race Number : 299
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2013-05-19

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by dave sp2 Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 11:53

paul299 wrote:Have you tired changing the controller layout? There's an option to swap the handbrake and clutch controls that lots of people use. It's much easier using A as the clutch than it is the left bumper. It doesn't take too long to get used to and can give you an extra couple of tenths per lap.

Weeman, as paul has said the controller layout can be changed to make it easier for yourself,
but in all fairness, mayb working on your lines and throttle control would benefit more before confusing things with clutch timing!

I don't use a clutch!

Send me a friend request (xbl) (dave sp2) and a private message on here and we can arrange a time and i'll set up a race online and we can chat and help each other around. call it a mini test session!

If it was a real car I'd be fine, I have been racing for years on short and long circuts but getting to grips with these boys on here isn't easy! but the same principles apply.
vision, smoothness and having the confidence to apply the throttle earlier in the corner! oh and [Censored] loads of practise!
dave sp2
dave sp2

TORA Race Number : 492
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2013-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rondanger Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 12:59

Hi dave is any chance you could give me a few tips as well i seem to miss my brakeing points and not carying enough speed through corners, any help would be apriappreciated as ive only had 3 races but everybody seems to be a good 6 sec faster
rondanger
rondanger

TORA Race Number : 250
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 14:25

dave-sp2 wrote:
paul299 wrote:Have you tired changing the controller layout? There's an option to swap the handbrake and clutch controls that lots of people use. It's much easier using A as the clutch than it is the left bumper. It doesn't take too long to get used to and can give you an extra couple of tenths per lap.

Weeman, as paul has said the controller layout can be changed to make it easier for yourself,
but in all fairness, mayb working on your lines and throttle control would benefit more before confusing things with clutch timing!

I don't use a clutch!

Send me a friend request (xbl) (dave sp2) and a private message on here and we can arrange a time and i'll set up a race online and we can chat and help each other around. call it a mini test session!

If it was a real car I'd be fine, I have been racing for years on short and long circuts but getting to grips with these boys on here isn't easy! but the same principles apply.
vision, smoothness and having the confidence to apply the throttle earlier in the corner! oh and [Censored] loads of practise!

I bet you're probably better than most of the top guys here in real life racing, though.  Laughing 

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 J8Ljahl
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 PEEdCpnMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 ZzhlIqHMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 UmQfodEMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 C0cSnDzMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 1vuHXh0MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 MAsvnrEMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 GrZPNKA

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dave sp2 Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:42

Bandit1097 wrote:
dave-sp2 wrote:

I don't use a clutch!

I bet you're probably better than most of the top guys here in real life racing, though.   Laughing 

you'll be amazed bandit, the forza 4 cars handle so much like a real car would, and the driving required is close in relation to getting a fast lap in the real world. it's just a case of having the balls to push that hard, knowing on the game you can drive off and carry on, where as in real life, if you avoid the hospital bed you'll have a monster bill to fix the car/bike!! that's why I have given up now but still need that competition in my life, and sitting in my living room in an evening with you guys works a treat!

I'm not the best by far, but understanding the physics and mental capacity it requires to string a lap together, weather it be a f1 car, a TORA touring car or ya white transit van around the roundabout with out scrubbing of to much speed are all the same. you gota be on the apexes, on the throttle early and smooth!!

if any one wants to do a practise/test/advice/chat session, say (sunday evening at 8 o'clock) as long as that don't contradict with any of the race series, if not we can move it to another night. than just say and i'll see if I can organise something.
then send me your gamertags or send me a friend request (dave sp2) we can chat and share advice/racing lines and teqniques etc especially if your newbies like I am myself. like I said, I'm no expert but I'm happy to help anyone if I can!

What ya think???

dave
dave sp2
dave sp2

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by I Ray P Dave I Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:53

if you guys want, im on most evenings and i can give a hand
I Ray P Dave I
I Ray P Dave I

TORA Race Number : 199
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by rondanger Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 17:05

would be good just to practice I have only just turned ABS and TCS off lol so I am a total newbie. I am not bad a setting up a car though.
rondanger
rondanger

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by rondanger Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 17:08

Really want to better myself on here only had three race meetings in the spec cup but really enjoyed it. So I now want to work on my race craft and lap times and any help from you guys would be great as I have not met one slow racer.
rondanger
rondanger

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by dave sp2 Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 17:40

rondanger wrote:Really want to better myself on here only had three race meetings in the spec cup but really enjoyed it. So I now want to work on my race craft and lap times and any help from you guys would be great as I have not met one slow racer.

no such thing dude lol!!

dave sp2
dave sp2

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 19:16

I tried the clutch swap on the controller config and still wasn't at all happy with it to be honest but yeah it takes sometime to get used to.
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 20:12

If you guys can't use the clutch, then start putting more focus on braking and cornering. I didn't really care to use the clutch, so I started putting more focus into my cornering abilities and I believe I ended up being the only driver in A lobby using manual without clutch. Trust me, anyone can go in a straight line, but the corners determine who the fastest are.

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 J8Ljahl
MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 PEEdCpnMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 ZzhlIqHMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 UmQfodEMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 C0cSnDzMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 1vuHXh0MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 MAsvnrEMSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 GrZPNKA

MSA TORA Spec Cup Season 4 - Lap Times - Page 5 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5