TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale

Go down

BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale Empty BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale

Nankang Banner

Welcome to my final Blog for The Online Racing Association Touring Car Championship in my Nankang UK Renault Megane. It's been a season of up and downs, and so it would transpire that the TCC Finale would be a very accurate portrayal of the season itself.

FM4_Forza778

Qualifying was very close with myself and the Honda Civic Type-R of TfR Magic separated by just 0.01 seconds meaning I just managed to pip him to pole position for Lobby-D, My highest qualifying position of the season!

FM4_Forza779

Race 1 I had a good launch off of the line and was only passed by AutomotiveWorks driver Blade39x in his BMW 135i however I managed to cut back underneath him and out break him into the first corner to regain the lead.

FM4_Forza780

Blade39x was keeping me honest until he made a costly mistake in the first sector which saw him roll and heavily damage his 135i. It was a great shame as he is a team mate of mine outside of TORA and I was relishing our battle here in the TCC.

FM4_Forza781

The race settled down for me after that and I managed to bring the Nankang UK Megane home in 1st place! My third lobby victory this season and the highest scoring race of the season with this victory coming three lobbies higher than my other two.

FM4_Forza782

Race 2 and I was on pole position once again after my Race 1 victory. However I had a bad launch and got stuck on the outside through turn 1 meaning I lost several positions and dropped out of podium contention early on. However I fought back and began to find myself back in the fight for the podium positions as the race unfolded.

FM4_Forza785
FM4_Forza786
FM4_Forza787

However my luck ran out as I battled ApexAzrael for 3rd place. I dived down the inside on the last chicane just as the gap closed, this put my Nankang UK Megane sideways, I nailled the throttle to save it but as it snapped back into line the front end swiped through the back end of the MNM Racing Honda Civic Type-R pitching him into a spin and sending him off track. Full of guilt and fearing the wrath of the stewards I backed off to gift him the position back, however I lost 3 more positions myself waiting for the recovering ApexAzrael meaning my hunt for the podium was over for Race 2, eventually finishing in 8th place.

FM4_Forza789

Race 3 and this was it, the last race of the season. The reverse grid system and my “adventures” in Race 2 meant that I would start in 7th place for the Championship Finale.

FM4_Forza790

Turn 1 as always was a bit of a brawl and with it being the season finale everyone was being aggressive trying to grasp that last chance at glory.

FM4_Forza791

First up on my hit list was AutomotiveWorks driver Blade39x I managed to pass him down the start finish straight on the brakes into Turn-1.

FM4_Forza793
As I fought my way through the field the crazyness of the TCC reverse grid really started to show as myself, BG Chucky 82, Bandit1097 and P Friks went 4 wide coming out of Turn 1!

FM4_Forza794

Next up was BG Chucky 82, after a good run through the preceding turn I managed to pass him down the back straight and bring myself up onto the podium!

FM4_Forza795

Then my luck ran out. I was repeatedly hit in the rear by TfR Magic, the final time sent me into a half spin coming onto the back straight, costing me several places and another chance at a podium.

FM4_Forza796

I began to fight back passing BG Chucky 82 once again, this time around the outside coming out of the first complex. But something started to go wrong with the Nankang UK Megane after that and it lost a lot of straight line speed.

FM4_Forza797

BG Chucky 82 repassed me down the home straight coming into the final lap, I had to repeat my outside move out of the first complex to retake the position once again.

FM4_Forza798

He began to re-pass me down the home straight and this is how we finished the TCC Finale, Miliseconds apart!

It was a very fitting end to the season, battling the man I'd fought not just on the track but also in the championship right down to the bitter end, holding him off to take 6th place.

And with that my championship campaign comes to a close. I managed to finish in 51st place out of 147 drivers in the TORA Touring Car Championship Final Standings, JUST outside of my initial goal of top 50, but considering the connection problems I've had this season I'd say that that is still a VERY good result in such a competitive field!

The last round was very rough with the car 11,849cr of damage sustained during the finale, taking total damage to 49,095cr for the season, financially writing off the car.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my sponsor Nankang Tyre UK for all of their support this season. This hopefully won't be the last you see of me and Nankang Tyre UK here at TORA with things looking bright heading forward into 2014.

Thanks for reading!

Please take the time to support my Sponsors by visiting www.facebook.com/Nankang-UK or www.nankangtyre.co.uk

You can follow me at www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront or by searching for #SliderS15 on Facebook!
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BLOG>> Slider S15 & Nankang UK - TCC Finale :: Comments

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 20:49 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

Great stuff mate