TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion

+20
TheGreatOne IRL
Zeta0085
RfB Chopper
D4NINHO
BG Wingnut396
briabdn
larryboy03
ART Carrera
danq85
ATP Wheelwash
Mrbrown33
Ax4x Kane
CQR Aero
CQR Jono
Dominic Mako
MaynardMK4
CQR Myles
CredibleWizard
XXX Skyrocket
CQR Rogue
24 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion

Post by danq85 Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 19:26

What is the point of registering for a series and having to sign up for each race in the series you already registered to participate in? It's very easy to forget to do that and now I am missing out on the race today. In the VM series I participate in you just register for the series one time and you get an invite for every race... here I have to sign up and then also put an entry in for each race... can anyone explain the logic behind this method?

danq85

TORA Race Number : 381
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion

Post by CQR Aero Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 19:43

At VM you can wait for ages for people who have no intention of turning up.  The point of signing "IN" for the round is so we know you intend to come.  I've added you in as there was time/it didn't disrupt the running of the night, but when our larger series like Production GT kick off with 100+ racers and multiple lobbies, that cutoff time is needed to organise the smooth running of the night and you'll get a "sorry but tough luck" message.  This shouldn't be a revelation to you - it's in the series rules and has been a standard at TORA for all official series for years.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 21:51

A bit of a train wreck in some races, also I don't think my mic was working
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 22:29

Only race I've done and it wasn't the best race I've been in.. Went backwards in every race usually through avoiding collisions and even then I couldn't manage it in race 2.

Only positive is that I managed to improve my times throughout the night.

Congrats to the victors.
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

TORA Race Number : 67
Wii Xbox One

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://craracing.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by briabdn Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 22:37

Really enjoyable series, it is a shame that some think they can race hard with you but can't take you racing hard back, whilst revenge should not be the name of the game, you shouldn't be expected to just lie down either, particularly if somebody changes lines more than once to block you as I experienced tonight.

Having said that, it was good fun, had a great second race with Chris, we pushed each other all the way, both of us overtaking each other multiple times without incident, just how it should be. Very Happy 

briabdn

TORA Race Number : 397
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 22:45

Well now, I guess my night could've been a bit more straightforward had I not done a Mark Webber at the start of race 1.  lol! 
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbrown33 Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 23:49

Well done Relentless Racing for your first team win. Sorry for not being able to race, but I'm sure you understand.
Mrbrown33
Mrbrown33

TORA Race Number : 335
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by No1irishstig Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 23:50

Enjoyed this championship! good racing throughout the field! congrats to Aero for the Championship win and Bolland for 2nd place!

No1irishstig

TORA Race Number : 243
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by danq85 Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 9:52

CQR Aero wrote:At VM you can wait for ages for people who have no intention of turning up.  The point of signing "IN" for the round is so we know you intend to come.  I've added you in as there was time/it didn't disrupt the running of the night, but when our larger series like Production GT kick off with 100+ racers and multiple lobbies, that cutoff time is needed to organise the smooth running of the night and you'll get a "sorry but tough luck" message.  This shouldn't be a revelation to you - it's in the series rules and has been a standard at TORA for all official series for years.

First of all, I appreciate you throwing me an invite anyway, but I had already unhooked my wheel and was pissed at that point since I realized, and you confirmed, that I forgot to sign up for a race in the series I had already signed up for.

I'm over it and you can bet I won't forget to sign up twice ever again, that's for sure.

That said, I understand it's the series rules and that it's been a standard at TORA for years... but that doesn't mean it's the best way of doing things. Am I the first person this has happened to? Highly doubt it. Do you still get people that don't show up after signing up and you've sent them an invite? I'd bet you do.

• VM : Players register for a series; Hosts invite those players from a list; Whoever doesn't show up misses out.

• TORA : Players register for a series; Players then sign up for each race in that series; Hosts invite those players from a list; Whoever doesn't show up misses out.

See the difference? TORA adds a completely redundant step that does nothing but effectively doubles the chances of someone missing out on the race. Not a single event in either league has started on time in my experience so far. If TORA events started on time like clockwork, I'd understand. If TORA had you sign up for every race instead of registering for a series, I'd understand. But since neither of those things happen, I am failing to see the benefit. Invite everyone that registered for the series, give it 5-10 minutes and then start the quali... works perfectly fine for VM from my experience.

As for 100+ player series... that literally should not make any difference. Whether there is a pool of 30 or 150 players, each lobby has a host to deal with 15 or less other players for their lobby. If one person was handling all 100+ invites, that would be one thing, but that's not the case.

I don't expect the rules to change. I'll sign up twice from now on as it is required. I just can't not say something about it being a poorly thought-out system, explaining why and offering a viable alternative that poses no greater difficulty, eliminates an unnecessary step, makes no difference in start time and diminishes the chances of losing participants.

danq85

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 10:17

right to start with we are not VM we do things different and try to keep to a deadline
normal TORA rules are register for the race then before or 1 hour before race day to sign in to race and must appear online to receive invite 15 minutes prior to qualifying else you dont get invite
VM use a friend list for a series we have tried this and doesnt work if someones i.e full or dont accept

we have been racing and running it like this for a long time and with our new sign in procedure works very well

Also make clear to members if you think you have signed in and nothing shows drop someone a message and they will tell you if you have or not
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RfB Chopper Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 15:58

This was good and fun series, specially the car.
Can't even remember ever going into 4th gear!

Only wished i knew this sooner, so i could have made the 1st round.

And thnx to CQR MAGIC and CQR HABURi for the great races last night.

I will add that i might have jumped the start on race 1,
after seeing the gap i had going into the chicane.
RfB Chopper
RfB Chopper

TORA Race Number : 810
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 16:01

Yes, enjoyed our races Chopper - very clean and fair racing Smile

Here's my Twitch replay from last night - 1hr 12mins was really close between us. And 1hr 35mins is the race 3 rolling restart, 11th to 6th and a change of underwear required lol

http://www.twitch.tv/cqr_magic/b/512239822

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 18:10

Thanks Dan. I can see the pros and cons of both ways and we're happy with the way we do it at the moment. The down side of the VM way is that, just for arguments sake, say we had 200 people signed up - we nearly had that for GT season 10 - and only 50 are coming to race on this particular night. With max lobby size of 16 we'd have to man and run 13 lobbies for qualifying to cover 200 people "possibly coming", and some of those lobbies would only have a handful of, if any, drivers in them. The TORA way means we would know in advance that we only need to set up 4 lobbies and which drivers to invite.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by danq85 Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 21:20

BG Wingnut396 wrote:right to start with we are not VM we do things different and try to keep to a deadline
normal TORA rules are register for the race then before or 1 hour before race day to sign in to race and must appear online to receive invite 15 minutes prior to qualifying else you dont get invite
VM use a friend list for a series we have tried this and doesnt work if someones i.e full or dont accept

we have been racing and running it like this for a long time and with our new sign in procedure works very well

Also make clear to members if you think you have signed in and nothing shows drop someone a message and they will tell you if you have or not

That's what I am talking about, you want people to get online 15 minutes before the race, but so far I have received invites exactly at start time, slightly before, even after... and none of the qualifying has started on time to begin with. So, given that, I was simply making the case that there was time to wait for people to show up, like how VM does it - purely as an example. If the qualifying started exactly on time it would be a different situation and I'd have no argument. But Chris makes a good point below...

CQR Aero wrote:Thanks Dan.  I can see the pros and cons of both ways and we're happy with the way we do it at the moment.  The down side of the VM way is that, just for arguments sake, say we had 200 people signed up - we nearly had that for GT season 10 - and only 50 are coming to race on this particular night.  With max lobby size of 16 we'd have to man and run 13 lobbies for qualifying to cover 200 people "possibly coming", and some of those lobbies would only have a handful of, if any, drivers in them.  The TORA way means we would know in advance that we only need to set up 4 lobbies and which drivers to invite.

Well that is a huge disparity I had not considered. I suppose you are right in that neither system is perfect, but in a situation like that the double sign-in does make organization easier. Well, I'll just be over here working this foot out of my mouth...

danq85

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 23:32

Hehe don't worry Dan - "tough questions" offer us the opportunity to a) help people understand our rationale, b) clear up any misunderstandings, c) prove we really have thought about it(!), d) re-examine our rationale and explore alternative solutions.

Cool
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 20 Mar 2014 - 8:14

^^ Smile yep feedback always welcome
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Thu 20 Mar 2014 - 20:52

danq85 wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:At VM you can wait for ages for people who have no intention of turning up.  The point of signing "IN" for the round is so we know you intend to come.  I've added you in as there was time/it didn't disrupt the running of the night, but when our larger series like Production GT kick off with 100+ racers and multiple lobbies, that cutoff time is needed to organise the smooth running of the night and you'll get a "sorry but tough luck" message.  This shouldn't be a revelation to you - it's in the series rules and has been a standard at TORA for all official series for years.

First of all, I appreciate you throwing me an invite anyway, but I had already unhooked my wheel and was pissed at that point since I realized, and you confirmed, that I forgot to sign up for a race in the series I had already signed up for.

I'm over it and you can bet I won't forget to sign up twice ever again, that's for sure.

That said, I understand it's the series rules and that it's been a standard at TORA for years... but that doesn't mean it's the best way of doing things. Am I the first person this has happened to? Highly doubt it. Do you still get people that don't show up after signing up and you've sent them an invite? I'd bet you do.

• VM : Players register for a series; Hosts invite those players from a list; Whoever doesn't show up misses out.

• TORA : Players register for a series; Players then sign up for each race in that series; Hosts invite those players from a list; Whoever doesn't show up misses out.

See the difference? TORA adds a completely redundant step that does nothing but effectively doubles the chances of someone missing out on the race. Not a single event in either league has started on time in my experience so far. If TORA events started on time like clockwork, I'd understand. If TORA had you sign up for every race instead of registering for a series, I'd understand. But since neither of those things happen, I am failing to see the benefit. Invite everyone that registered for the series, give it 5-10 minutes and then start the quali... works perfectly fine for VM from my experience.

As for 100+ player series... that literally should not make any difference. Whether there is a pool of 30 or 150 players, each lobby has a host to deal with 15 or less other players for their lobby. If one person was handling all 100+ invites, that would be one thing, but that's not the case.

I don't expect the rules to change. I'll sign up twice from now on as it is required. I just can't not say something about it being a poorly thought-out system, explaining why and offering a viable alternative that poses no greater difficulty, eliminates an unnecessary step, makes no difference in start time and diminishes the chances of losing participants.

In this case what would you do for someone can only make the race and not qualify

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Thu 20 Mar 2014 - 21:22

Isn't there a "Race Only" option in the Signup form for that though?
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by No1irishstig Fri 21 Mar 2014 - 18:00

I personally think the system is fine the way it is , works well, all i do is set a reminder on my phone, sorted!

No1irishstig

TORA Race Number : 243
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 9:31

CQR HABURi wrote:Isn't there a "Race Only" option in the Signup form for that though?

Yes there is a 'Race Only' option which can be selected to avoid delays.

Got my Xbox one back FINALLY so watch out on the next spec cup.......I'm comin Very Happy 
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 10:11

PLOW tubbi wrote:Got my Xbox one back FINALLY so watch out on the next spec cup.......I'm comin Very Happy 

I believe you were spotted testing the new Spec Cup build recently with your additional 'pass persuader'  Wink Very Happy

Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 Bullbar1
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 10:28

Oh mate, if that was an actual forza part I'd be over the moon.
Although.....its missing machine guns.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 10:30

I was a bit concerned about your health when spotting you getting in to chase me...

Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 Cqr_jo10

I mean seriously.......where's the fire suit!
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 10:39

Don't worry Tubbi, that's not me........................that's Mrs Jono  Cheers 
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 10:44

Ah yeah, now she's turned round I recognise her.

Honda Legend CRX - General Discussion - Page 5 Cqr_jo11

My mistake.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next