TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!!

+3
CQR Jono
CredibleWizard
Slider S15
7 posters

Go down

E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! Empty E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!!

Post by Slider S15 Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 12:42

Please take the time to sign this petition for the UK Parliament to change the law to protect Motorsport, Sporting and Arts venues from closure due to noise complaints.

We've all been up in arms about stories from all over the world where people move into an area with an existing race track, complain about the noise and force either reduced running or its closure. This is exactly what has happened to Mildenhall Stadium, my local Stock car racing/speedway and greyhound track which shares ground with a motocross track. in 2006 a couple moved to the area and complained about the noise of the track which has been legally operating with planning permission since 1975 and is situated under the flight path of RAF Mildenhall. The fight has been through the courts and sadly lost the latest round in the supreme court with the court stating that them coming to the noise is no defence and planning permission makes no difference!

The owners of Mildenhall stadium are sick of this happening all over the country and are petitioning the UK Parliament to change the law of  ‘coming to a nuisance’ placing responsibility solely at the feet of those moving to the area and protecting any venue operating within the law and planning permission from being shut down or adversely affected by people moving to the area and complaining about the noise.

This would protect not only Mildenhall but EVERY Race track in the country as well as Sporting and concert venues from being shut down!

So please PLEASE sign this petition to protect motorsport venues for our future enjoyment!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62894
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! Empty Re: E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!!

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 13:36

done mate, waiting for confirmation email.
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

TORA Race Number : 67
Wii Xbox One

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://craracing.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!! Empty Re: E-Petition to Protect UK Motorsport Venues - PLEASE SIGN!!

Post by CQR Jono Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 14:11

Done.............absolutely ludicrous situation!!
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Velox Canadian Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 14:19

I would, but im not from the UK so i cant. You have my moral support!
Velox Canadian
Velox Canadian

TORA Race Number : 70
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Zakspeed Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 14:32

This literally makes my blood boil. Our only International track (Mondello Park) used to run a "Formula BOSS" series filled with ex F1 cars. The series was abandoned at the track after Noise Complaints from locals. The worse part is, Mondello is very far out in the countryside and there is probably only 10-15 houses within a 1 mile radius. It's that far out of the way of urban areas and yet people still complain...

I can't sign either but along with Velox, you have my complete moral support!
LMR Zakspeed
LMR Zakspeed

TORA Race Number : 62
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2012-07-19

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by I Ray P Dave I Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 15:37

done
I Ray P Dave I
I Ray P Dave I

TORA Race Number : 199
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 15:43

I've been to Mildenhall to watch the bangers, bloody good fun Very Happy I can't believe some people have the cheek to move in the area of a sporting stadium and then complain about noise. I haven't heard a similar thing from football or rugby grounds, and they make just as much noise!
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 15:58

Or Bloody One direction concerts! Why can't we have a ban on them!?!?

spoken as father of 3 girls!
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

TORA Race Number : 67
Wii Xbox One

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://craracing.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:02

The petition the law its trying to change and the tracks which have been adversely effected by noise complaints will be discussed at 8pm tonight on Downforce UK.

KEEP SIGNING!!! The e-petition has already got almost 4000 signatures in just over a day.

PROTECT OUR PASSION!!!
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down