TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B

+2
Foreverr BACON
CreamyTastey
6 posters

Go down

USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B Empty USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B

Post by CreamyTastey Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 15:32

USGT Article #1: Indianapolis

Date: Sunday 22nd June 2014
Series: MSA TORA USGT Championship
Lobby: B
Race: 1

Hello and welcome to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the famous Indy500 mile race. Today it is base camp for the TORA USGT Championship. The fans have flocked in their thousands to see the best virtual racers in the world go toe-to-toe, door to door with one another at this fantastic facility.

After qualifying had finished it was obvious to everyone that the Corvette ZR1, Ferrari F458 Italia and the SRT Viper would all be dominant cars around this power hungry track, known for its power sapping straights and Turn 11 the banked final corner. The grid was set, the sun was out and the drivers were getting ready for battle.

A very nice looking grid of Jaguar’s, Porsches, Audi’s and Aston Martin were getting ready for the pace lap. Towards the end of the pace lap the order was given from race control to grid up, into a 2 by 2 formation for the rolling start, heart rates were rising, this is it no turning back now. Coming off the final corner every driver had their eyes in the air waiting for the lights to go out.... the lights went out and the drivers were under way. Drivers were fanning out 3 sometimes 4 wide.

Mess8 who started on pole got a fantastic launch, ShrinkingSteven who was on the front row bogged down, and was falling down the grid fast. Fortunately for ShrinkingSteven the Porsche 911-GT3 R was fantastic in the second stage of the start and he managed to get some of the places he lost back. Manual CR in his beautiful livered Panoz Abruzzi managed to hold a charging ShrinkingSteven off until turn 2, by then ShrinkingSteven’s Porsche was being challenged by ROSCOEpCOTRIAN’s Hawk performance BMW... ROSCOE dived down Steven’s inside... he’s done it, managed to get past him, all the Hawk performance mechanic’s are going wild in the garage and out on the pit wall. CreamyTastey in the Cyber Racing AMR Aston Martin Vantage GT3 managed to follow ROSCOE through the gap, great driving by Creamy. Unfortantly2 corners later in tight right hander leading onto the back straight, Creamy’s Aston got a tap from the rear, it’s enough to send the Aston wide but not big enough to give him damage. When the Aston rejoined the circuit there was 3 Jaguar’s going three, include Creamy’s rejoining Aston and that was 4 wide down the back straight!!!. Everyone involved in the fight and everyone behind was enjoying the close racing, realising that there was a corner approaching at high speed, Creamy slowed his Aston Martin to avoid hitting the 3 Jaguar’s. Creamy was on the edge trying to get his Aston slowed enough.... he managed to get the Aston stopped before any contact was made.

Meanwhile at the front of the race, Mess8 and Manual CR were pulling away from everyone. ROSCOEpCOTRAIN was out on his own in 3rd, and then everyone else was fighting for 4th place. Going down the main straight CreamyTastey’s Aston Martin was in the slipstream of LMR Bandit’s Jaguar, they were approaching turn 1, LMR Bandit started to brake earlier than Creamy had anticipated, Creamy dived down the inside into the run off zone at turn 1, to avoid taking LMR Bandit out. Creamy then proceeded to turn around in the runoff zone and waited for the whole field to pass him before rejoining. The young Aston Martin driver was fired up and annoyed at himself for the mistake. Creamy caught and passed the Porsche of Dinosilenzi quite quickly. Creamy was chasing the battling pack, he managed to catch up the Audi of Skodaboie, but passing was almost impossibly because of the fantastic blocking from the Audi driver, but Creamy managed to set up a dummy move, faking to go to the outside then dived down the inside of the Audi driver, what a move, the fans went ballistic and the roar from the fans could be heard for miles around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Back to the battling pack now, the Jaguar’s of LMR Bandit, TechnolgicMau5 and xI ICEMaN Ix was trying their hardest to get past ShrinkingSteven. The intense battling allowed CreamyTastey to catch the group up. ShrinkingSteven was starting to pull away from the group, this gap was made bigger when xI ICEMaN Ix made a mistake which casued the other drivers delay. ShrinkingSteven had pulled away, he has escaped the group. The remaining drivers kept battling, LMR Bandit was holding off TechnolgicMau5 off brilliantly. Out of nowhere TechnologicMau5 in the Weponized TMS car managed to get down the inside of the Le Mans Rennsport Jaguar. He had done it, made the move stick, the Weponized TMS mechanic’s were elated, they had a car in 4th and 5th place, it seemed all the hard work was starting to pay off, just moments later they were brought back to earth with a thump. LMR Bandit had out braked himself and tapped the rear end of TechnoloigicMau5’s Jaguar sending both drivers spinning, Technolgic to the inside and LMR Bandit to the outside. With both cars scatterd to the left and to the right, there was a gap in the middle for the Aston Martin of CreamyTastey aswell as the Audi of Skodaboie to get through. Technoloigc and LMR Bandit had got themselves re composed and ready to race on, LMR Bandit let TechnologicMau5 through on the track, what a great piece of sportsmanship by the Le Mans Rennsport driver.

Unfortunately due to the drivers being spread out all over the track, the last few laps passed and the chequered flag came out for race winner Mess8. He was followed home by Manual CR and ROSCOEpCOTRAIN.

Everyone had a fantastic time, and the racing was superb! A great time was had by all. See you all next time at Road Atlanta, home of the Petit Le Mans.

Written by CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B Empty Re: USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B

Post by CreamyTastey Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 15:34

Sorry for the long article, just wanted to show off what I can do honestly Smile

Any feedback would be brilliant, good or bad Smile

Thanks
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B Empty Re: USGT Article #1: Indianapolis Lobby B

Post by Foreverr BACON Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:14

Its a fantastic article, good job! On the other hand it seems like you focused on the racing of Creamy too much. I wasn't there so I can't confirm it but there were probably other drivers with a similarly impressive performance. I like this article and I would definitely enjoy reading another article for Road Atlanta.
Foreverr BACON
Foreverr BACON

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:23

Not a bad effort. Slight critique if I may.

Your writing style changes from written version of live commentary to race report, which confuses things a bit for the reader. Either is fine, but one or the other.

Unless you're using a turn number of a number in someones GT try to use words. 2 corners later or 3 laps to go looks better when its two corners or three laps. Turn 1 or mess8 is fine though.

You slightly fell into the trap of focussing too much on yourself at times. Its hard to report on a race you're in without getting too busy writing about yourself, but if you can do it it works very well. Might be worth maybe trying to avoid covering your own races if you can.

Hope this helps you mate. It is hard doing reports. I've had work published in MSN, Karting Magazine and various websites in the past including races I've been in and even won, and I wouldnt have done without the help of a few people with lots of experience

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 21:36

Thanks for the advice Micheal! I can see what you all mean, about me focusing on me alot!

An apoloigy to everyone else in B lobby that race, I should have focused on you all more than myself. Sorry
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 23:17

Creamy was chasing the battling pack, he managed to catch up the Audi of Skodaboie, but passing was almost impossibly because of the fantastic blocking from the Audi driver

You spot the spelling mistake? lol

Great article though.  Reliving the race well but race 2 was a write off for me Sad
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

TORA Race Number : 41
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 23:31

I just noticed it mate, thanks for pointing it out though.

It should be 'impossible' lol
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sat 12 Jul 2014 - 14:01

Good article creamy \m/
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Sat 12 Jul 2014 - 14:13

Cheers Roscoe!! Very Happy
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 11:32

Good artical mate not going to touch on anything as others have done it lol...try writing on a race you didnt take part in..that.way you wont be drawn to talk about yourself lol...good tho.
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 21:19

creamy funny how they came out of the wood work to tell you not to focus on one driver yet Sunday's stream tried as hard as possible to do just that  Rolling Eyes 
 Twisted Evil    luckily ros pcotrain got everyone some love and the commentators  *preferred driver got the ol Louisiana shuffle  Basketball 
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down