TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST

+22
HCR Bellmond
CRA XenoMorph
Opa the Opus
GXR kartingkid
JVanEssen
RBHMScarhand
TLR Scrublord
ATR DAN
jonnotheone
CreamyTastey
dave sp2
HCR Motorhead
DDM Driv3
Ax4x Chaddy
SFM Benedict
PLOW tubbi
bearboy54
ES5XB0Y
SVR Solar
TITAN TAYL0R
skyshadow5
JAMIE ANDERS0N
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 Empty Re: TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST

Post by JVanEssen Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 0:19

B lobby was amazing today. Karma had us all in tears in between races. The on track was respectful for the most part. I think I went side by side with Bearboy for two whole laps today and we touched maybe once.

To top it all off we had a TORA first as far as lobby weirdness goes.

So much Fun!

Bellmond runs a proper lobby. THANKS!
JVanEssen
JVanEssen

TORA Race Number : 661
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2014-01-21

http://metaskate.com

Back to top Go down

TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST - Page 2 Empty Re: TCC - Meeting 2 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 - Laguna Seca @ 20:00 BST

Post by GXR kartingkid Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 0:42

ATR DAN wrote:One word to describe this evening festivities: EPIC!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I couldn't have imagined that we would have the pace to be in A lobby. Which is why I think this meeting is a very sweet one in my mind as we achieved a better result than first predicted.
Three top ten finishes overall including a second place in race 3 is absolutely tremendous. Trying to fend off the Megane Parade behind me, but in particular GXR kartingkid at the half way stage and then BG Wumba in the final few laps. I literally tried everything in the "Defending" manual to try and keep Wumba behind. You did a great job mate. Nice and clean throughout and it can be a great example to everyone on how to drive and race fairly.

Thank you guys for a great evening. I shall no doubt be highly anticipating the next event.  Very Happy Very Happy

Nice one Dan, maybe I'll think again about going 3 a breast into the corkscrew lol. Being on the outside probably was never going to work!! Wink
GXR kartingkid
GXR kartingkid

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 1:03

Lobby B was amazing, apart from me 2 Crappy starts and falling back 2 places from my original Position but overall happy to get a Win in 3rd race Paul kept me behind him until lap 9 was always behind him and then eventually got him on the outside after the corkscrew overall amazing race and a cracking laugh the guys was Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa the Opus Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 3:33

Lobby E was a little quite for the most part in between races but very competitive once we were out on the track! Snagged two 5th place finishes, my best results so far in my rookie season, and would have did better for the 2nd race but ended up fighting to stay out of last place with engine problems following an early crash.

All 3 Lobby E races are on my storefront! Great racing today guys!
Opa the Opus
Opa the Opus

TORA Race Number : 143
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa the Opus Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 3:46

On another note, just finished RE-reading the rulebook, wish I had a complete grasp on it before, because twice I was involved in large collisions (5 or 6 cars) today and I never regained my original position among those who crashed. After the 2nd crash I went from I believe 5th to 10th, and while the safety car was out I asked about this situation as I had remembered reading about positioning before, but since I wasn't 100% sure, and no one else seemed to be, I stayed in the 10th slot until we had the green to go. It's my own fault really (not the crash  Smile  ) for not being confident in all rules, but thats why you live and learn.

So why did I post all this? Certainly not to make anyone feel badly, it is an education for us all who were still unclear. If involved in a 3 or more person crash, request that a safety car comes out (aka 1st place slows to 60mph) and those involved in crash line up at the back of the pack in the order they were in prior to the crash (unless there was an obvious instigator to the crash). Cheers guys!
Opa the Opus
Opa the Opus

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 7:19

That was some great racing yesterday guys.. Got chased down by Skyshadow in race 1 but managed to stay in front of him..

Also had a great battle with Dragons in race 1 and 2.. Good racing guys and thanks for hosting Shooter Wink

I have saved all three replays, so if someone needs it I can send it over

See ya all next week
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 7:26

HCR Mad Dog wrote:Top Job Dan, you done the Audi proud dude!

Shame my steering column failed but still picked up good points & HCR goes into round 3 with 6 TCC wins! cheers

Cheers mate. Many congrats on your results as well. Well, apart from race 2 of course.  Wink 

It's a pitty the first attempt at Race 3 didn't stick when I did a late dive into turn 1 at the start!  Sad  I knew then that I couldn't repeat it in the 2nd attempt. I don't know how you travel so quick as I couldn't keep up, no matter how hard I tried.

GXR kartingkid wrote:Nice one Dan, maybe I'll think again about going 3 a breast into the corkscrew lol. Being on the outside probably was never going to work!! Wink

I was worried that it would turn into a plane crash when it was 3 a breast going into the Corkscrew. lol! 
But thank goodness that things turned out better than it could have been. Great driving from myself, you & Wumba for sure.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 8:06

JVanEssen wrote:B lobby was amazing today.  Karma had us all in tears in between races. The on track was respectful for the most part.  I think I went side by side with Bearboy for two whole laps today and we touched maybe once.

To top it all off we had a TORA first as far as lobby weirdness goes.

So much Fun!

Bellmond runs a proper lobby. THANKS!

Cheers mate Smile anytime
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 8:39

Morning all.

Just wanted to say thank you to Bellmond for hosting Blobby last night. had some great battling during all 3 of the races and a good laugh to boot..

and I would like to take a moment to give a big thumbs up and a solidly earned well done to Bearboy 54 on his solid race three victory....

Its like you were in a race of your own mate.....oustanding performance........ lol

and sorry too Urban for nearly causing the small pant soiling incident....hehehee

Greg Smile
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 8:46

Hahahaha go go gooooo!!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 10:08

My first race in this series and I had good fun.
I knew I didn't have the pace for a win, but the RWD Volvo meant I gained some places on the start. Couldn't quite keep the gained places from the start but still managed to fight the whole races.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 10:20

GXR kartingkid wrote:
ATR DAN wrote:One word to describe this evening festivities: EPIC!  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I couldn't have imagined that we would have the pace to be in A lobby. Which is why I think this meeting is a very sweet one in my mind as we achieved a better result than first predicted.
Three top ten finishes overall including a second place in race 3 is absolutely tremendous. Trying to fend off the Megane Parade behind me, but in particular GXR kartingkid at the half way stage and then BG Wumba in the final few laps. I literally tried everything in the "Defending" manual to try and keep Wumba behind. You did a great job mate. Nice and clean throughout and it can be a great example to everyone on how to drive and race fairly.

Thank you guys for a great evening. I shall no doubt be highly anticipating the next event.  Very Happy Very Happy

Nice one Dan, maybe I'll think again about going 3 a breast into the corkscrew lol. Being on the outside probably was never going to work!! Wink

Matt when the hell did you get here?!

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 10:31

I'd like to apologise. Publicly to jake.s who I absalutly mullerd on the first corner in deeply sorry I braked and locked up once that happened I was just a passenger along for the ride...i completely understand I you si me and will hold my hands up to it...once again sorry and also sorry chucky for blocking I was trying to get out the way but was sideways in the corner..good racing tho in f lobby..welldone most of you.
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 10:47

Fair play to you Jonno!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by GXR kartingkid Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 12:41

MichaelJGroves wrote:
GXR kartingkid wrote:

Matt when the hell did you get here?!

Mike, that's why I re-added you on FB! Did I not send you a message?

Me and Chris Needham were racing last night (kartchamp35), we had some good battles... let's say a proper team-mate scrap lol. Bit too close at times. But great fun!! Wink
GXR kartingkid
GXR kartingkid

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed 6 Aug 2014 - 13:13

Ok I lied lol now all F lobby is on my storefront lol.
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Fri 8 Aug 2014 - 0:04

Opa the Opus wrote:On another note, just finished RE-reading the rulebook, wish I had a complete grasp on it before, because twice I was involved in large collisions (5 or 6 cars) today and I never regained my original position among those who crashed. After the 2nd crash I went from I believe 5th to 10th, and while the safety car was out I asked about this situation as I had remembered reading about positioning before, but since I wasn't 100% sure, and no one else seemed to be, I stayed in the 10th slot until we had the green to go. It's my own fault really (not the crash  Smile  ) for not being confident in all rules, but thats why you live and learn.

So why did I post all this? Certainly not to make anyone feel badly, it is an education for us all who were still unclear. If involved in a 3 or more person crash, request that a safety car comes out (aka 1st place slows to 60mph) and those involved in crash line up at the back of the pack in the order they were in prior to the crash (unless there was an obvious instigator to the crash). Cheers guys!

So if you are 4th, you have an accident with 3rd, and 5th. Cars 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th pass you and safety car is called. In the rules it states you should let the rest of the field pass you, so if 14 cars in the lobby you should let the cars that was 10th and 11th pass also so the guy who was in 4th is then 12th, you are 13th and the car in 5th should be last in 14th

"Drivers involved in the incident should form at the back of the pack, in order of relative position before the incident"
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa the Opus Fri 8 Aug 2014 - 1:21

BG Chucky 82 wrote:

So if you are 4th, you have an accident with 3rd, and 5th.  Cars 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th pass you and safety car is called.  In the rules it states you should let the rest of the field pass you, so if 14 cars in the lobby you should let the cars that was 10th and 11th pass also so the guy who was in 4th is then 12th, you are 13th and the car in 5th should be last in 14th

"Drivers involved in the incident should form at the back of the pack, in order of relative position before the incident"

Oh very interesting, that is yet another dynamic I had not yet considered. As I re-re-read it now I see how that scenario would be implied, but is this how the rules truly intended this situation to play out, as far as giving up even more position? Anyone else care to touch on this subject? Thanks BG Chucky for the enlightenment I would have never considered it otherwise!
Opa the Opus
Opa the Opus

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 8 Aug 2014 - 3:03

Cars that are involved in an accident restart from the rear of the line. Its always been that way. What you gain is distance to the front of the field, but you do lose positions.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opa the Opus Fri 8 Aug 2014 - 3:15

and with that said, it all makes perfect sense and seems as fair as possible. Cheers!  Cheers 
Opa the Opus
Opa the Opus

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2