TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

SBR Rockstar

+5
Matt
Richy59
Slider S15
ART Carrera
nickyf1
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SBR Rockstar - Page 2 Empty Re: SBR Rockstar

Post by nickyf1 Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 5:35

thanks mate
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 9:12

Thats really bad news man Sad

I think my exams will be over by then so i may be able to carry on, wont be the same without you buddy.

I hope you'll consider staying with the team in a consultancy capacity at least, as your experience would be very valuable.
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 9:47

Il do selected events towards the end of the season most likely, il give help if you guys need it.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

SBR Rockstar - Page 2 Empty SBR Rockstar

Post by Slider S15 Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 17:44

Big changes and a new car finally revealed.

With all the changes within the Team that have happeed recently i thought this should all be cleaned up with you now that i fianlly know my self. As you know, nicky left IOR afer his Xbox died, he has recently anounced however he will not be making a return and instead will be setting up a new team. this coupled with aggression not wishing to race anymore and instead focus on his stuidies (something commended by myself and the team) leaves sole control over the Team to myself.

Therefore from now on IOR will be known as SBR Rockstar, after the Touring car outfit Slider races for in other series who helped him build his new car for the GT's, and his main sponsor Rockstar Energy Drinks.

However as yet there are no plans to have Sam Billing1991, Slider's tin top team mate and SBR owner, as the second driver in the GT's.

This leaves a space here at SBR Rockstar for annother driver, if you are interested please get in touch...

this brings us to some happier news, the revelation of the new car...

The SBR Rockstar Vauxhall VX220 Turbo GT!!

Left:
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 F5f0d311

Right:
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 72eef111

Front:
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 071d2711

Rear:
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 62b7cc11

Top:
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 9551ce11

On Test at Road America:
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 Add28b11
SBR Rockstar - Page 2 49574d12

This car Features the latest SBR Styling goodies such as the front and rear vented bumpers and the upper break cooling vents, however more styling is in development so watch this space...

And so with a new start, new car, new leader and hopefully at some point a new driver SBR Rockstar have alot to learn, but will fight tooth and nail for every single place on the track.

Thank you

SLider S15
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 17:46

Very nice Slider, do you want me to change the topic name to SBR Rockstar for you?
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 17:47

yes please
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 18:28

wow, loving the car!! Very nice job
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 19:03

Good job lads!!
If you're looking for a driver you should post something like the first guy to PM you with the phrase; "Hey, hey! I wanna be a Rockstar!"

What can I say I thoguth it was clever!
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 9:03

lol im a big Nickelback fan so it might happen lol

And thanks for the praise on the car it did take ages to build Smile
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 9:37

Hence forth your teams nickname on the podcasts will be Team Nickelback lol

Very Happy:D
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sat 2 May 2009 - 12:41

Small Team update....

Firstly and explanation and appology for the terrible performance and frankly dangerous driving in the Media Day.

The car was a brand new experimental build built to an extreme, the handelling was terrible ad i just couldnt keep it under control, hence the two first corner 'taps' and various track excursions and my poor laptimes.

However firstly, as i think many would tell you from my touring car exploits im a battler rather than a hot lapper and race pace is a very different thing to the laptimes that are often shown to be a sign of speed.

Secondl annother more conservative build has been completed and tested which i am very happy with. this will be the car i race in tomorows race and perhaps for the remainder of the season, if i have fun and im not epically slow im happy Very Happy
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sat 16 May 2009 - 22:58

Annother update before tomorows race...

Round one went well with a solid perfomrance on a track i'l admit im not especially fast at, but the car felt great and felt competitive.

Round Two however see's us at a track on which i am much more at home and have great knowledge of. Great Touringcar performances in the past and a general love of the fast sweeping corners means that im personally very happy ahead of tomorow's race.

Annother man who is Very Happy is Sam Billing1991 who will be joining me and the team in our second SBR prepared Vauxhall VX220 Turbo. During testing earlier in the week Sam said "The car is almost perfect for me straight out of the box with only a slight hint of understeer, if anything, which could hold me back."

Sam will be running a slightly different version of Slider's SBR Rockstar Livery with the Yellow Flashes and bumpers replaced by Lime green ones reflecting the colour scheme of Sam's Season 2 TORA Touring Car Championship Civic Type R.

Upon the announcement of Sam's involvement in the Championship slider said, "I'm very happy that iv managed to persuade Sam to drive for me in this championship. He showed great pace in an identical car to me after very little testing and i can tell he's going to be pushing me hard. I'm also very happy to have some help in the team's championship and i know Vauxhall is very excited to have annother driver onboard to help with the Manufacturers battle and to try to catch Lotus."

The Next race is on the 17th of May at 8pm uk time and can our progress can be followed online using the Live Timings section found on the front page of www.theonlineracingassociation.com.

Good Luck to the SBR Boys and to everyone competing tomorow night! Smile
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 31 May 2009 - 19:25

ok so annother quick update on the team.

Round 2 was solid if unspectacular. With the early drama of service provider problems meaning Sam couldnt even get on Xbox live Slider was once again the sole SBR representitive for the meeting which didnt bode well for any sort of team success.

Quali came and Slider sadly lived up to the name and lost about 2 seconds from a slide after clipping a curb with a rear wheel. this lead to a slightly dissapointing bottom lobby start however this was on the plus side from the front row.

And so to the Sprint and after a good start off the line Slider was hung out to dry on the outside edge after failing to out drag the NSX of Jenson09 or falling far enough back to tuck back in behind it. This left the SBR VX220 one from last with almost the whole field passing on the inside line with Slider helpless against it. Back up to speed and a close battle ensued with the BMW M3 is General before Slider went for a gap down the inside of Jensons NSX, out doing him on the breaks but having the door suddenly shut with nowhere to go he hit the drivers door of of the NSX sending it sideways and the VX bouncing off due to the low weight and inches away from the Apex wall. He picked up a place after mistakes by the front runners but otherwise a quiet race with the M3 of General on a similar pace but too far ahead to catch.

the main was quiet with battle once again ensued with general and the M3 but a first corner shot across the front wheel from an XTi Panoz sending the VX spearing off one the grass and into a wall. an inncedent a short way up the road caused a safety car and slider found himself with the M3 of general behind him on the restart. after holding him off for the majority of the race he was eventually passed after a late off by the VX. Points again by sweeping up points from the less fortunate and a rival found in the form of the M3 of Gen3ral Ts0.

And so to tonight, Sam will again attempt a debut in the second SBR VX220, Slider will be aiming for penultimate lobbies for the night and to reignight the much loved battles with General's Virgin M3. However the nature of Road Atlanta means not much hope is held for the VX which struggles above 145 MPH.

Goodluck to the SBR boys and everyone else taking part this evening.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 31 May 2009 - 19:28

Good luck guys!

Ive got a 24 crate of Rockstar from the IRN-BRU factory to pick up tomorow, cant wait to cheer you guys on in a hyper-active over-ethusiastic way Very Happy
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 8:02

Theres been alot of change here at SBR over the past few days so thats why i'm doing an early news post before i forget any of it!

Firstly i'm an vey proud to announce that for the first time ever SBR will be fielding a third driver in the form of American Driver #53 F4H Gashi X! He has been successful and instrumental in other series outside of TORA and is loooking for a place to make a name for himself on TORA and so SBR have decided to give him the third seat at the team. He will serve in the eyes of the team as a consistant point scorer to try and mount a challenge to the teams above us in the Team Championship. However we will not be leaning too heavily on this as yet untested driver and will mostly allow him to concentrate on his drivers championship duties.

Secondly there is the news that Slider and Sam have made use of the Car change period and Traded in the admittedly fun but off the pace Vauxhall VX220's for a pair or Ferrari F430's. Slider said "I was instantly faster on laptimes in the F430 than in the well practised Vauxhall and im really excited by the pace gains made which will hopefully see me move further up the lobby lists over the next couple of rounds." so far only the 219 car of Slider has recieved the full paintjob which may still be changed slightly before Suzuka, but should still be recognisable to anyone who saw our origional livery on the VX220.

So good luck to our new driver who may or may not make it out for the next round at Suzuka and goodluck to the other two SBR Boys on Debuting the New SBR Ferrari F430 GTC at Suzuka (and finally hopefully getting Sam into a race lol).

And finnaly good luck to everybody taking part in The Next round of the GTC.

News, Car Livery Revalation and more coming soon....
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 23:34

update your entry thread plz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 13:04

Edited
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 23:32

SBR Rockstar - Page 2 Suzuka2
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 15 Jun 2009 - 14:16

Suzuka Report (ish..)

Suzuka was a round of mixed emotions for SBR. Our new driver was extremely successful staying in the A Lobby for the whole night and finishing 4th in the main in the SBR BMW. However sadly for the team due to new and mysterious rules we were not allowed to nominate him for points and so that left SBR regulars Slider and Sam.

Suzuka was a highly fustrating round for Slider with a large string of bad luck denying him results he felt the new Ferrari F430 was capable of achieving in his hands. he qualified in lobby C as the highest SBR Ferrari for the sprint and worked his way up to third and was attempting to take second when a shot in the rear Quarter panel spun off his Ferrari and sent him back to eigth place. A dejected Slider found himself Second for lobby D in the Main and made a good getaway before being spun out on the First corner with the inncedent causing a safety car. upon resumption Slider fought hard and worked his way back up to third before lady luck struck again and a hard shot in the rear off of the main straight saw Slider off into the gravel and down to sixth. He eventually finished in 5th after a late mistake from a Friend of SBR, TVR_FAN. After the Race Slider was Understandable thouroughly dissapointed with two good results he felt were attainable to him and the new ferrari package taken away from him through careless driving of his cometitors. Both incedents are currently under investigation by the stewards.

However it was a better Debut for The SBR Ferrari in the Hands of Garage Boss Sam Billing. Problems in qualifying meant that Sam had to start at the back of lobby D, however Sam used the package to great effect getting up to fifth and narrowly missing out on fourth. The main saw Sam in Lobby D again behind Slider, however the first lap safety car saw Sam climb up quickly through the field and battle hard. He eventually finished 2nd in the Lobby and was thoroughly thrilled saying "That Ferrari Feels So good to drive it was amazing! it was bad luck about Slider but i am pleased with my performance today and feel i have proved that i am serious about this championship.

The Next round of the TORA GT Championship is Motegi Where the SBR Boys will be out again in force with a predicted full team turnout. Slider will be hopeing for an improved performance and definately improved luck. Sam will be out to once again prove himself the Dominant Ferrari and F4H Gashi X will once again be proving himself a great dark horse in the championship, with even more pre race practise and hopefully the ability to score points for the team by the next round.

Coming soon...

Livery Revelation (if i can get the damn thing to work!!)
Stewards Inquirey results.
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 16 Jun 2009 - 20:41

Stewards Enquirey Results....

SBR have mixed feelings about the recently revealed Stewards enquirey results.

Firstly theres the bad news... All Three Drivers have recieved a warning about their Paint work which is technically illegal due to the lack of a numberbox on the bonnet.

In addition to this Team Manager Slider S15 has recieved a point on his Tora Liscence for allowing him and his team to Participate without the aformentioned esential paintwork.

In Response to this SBR Team Boss Slider said.. "I feel really bad for the team about this, i have great drivers who have only been driving for me in the championship for one round and have been punished for a mistake that I made. I take full responsibility for the oversight of the car preperation rules and I am Truely sorry to my drivers and the TORa Staff."

However on a more positive note the two Offences commited against 219 Slider S15 have been punished by the Stewards.

The Race 1 inncident with Sbiggs360 was the most severly punished with him recieveing a 4 meeting warning and a ban from qualifying for next round for punting round Slider's ferrari.

The incedent from race two with SGT Jigglymoobs saw him recieve a two meeting warning for punting Slider's Ferrari off the main straight and not slowing to allow him to recover without a large personal dissadvantage.

Slider had this to say... "Obviously i was gutted after the Suzuka round and these inncedents, and no racer wants these things to be settled off of the track. However i am glad that these inncedents have been punished and feel that justice has been served..."

This was a particularly historic court room victory for the Team considering their bad record previously infront of the Tora Stewards (with a 100% conviction record against SBR from the TORA Seat Leon Supercup still a sawpoint in the office)

Slider finished by saying... "I do not want the team or anybody involved in our dealings with the stewards and i wish to say that there are no hard feelings between myself and the drivers involved in inncedents with myself which have now been settled and look forward to once again racing with everybody and anybody on the track"
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt JigglyMoobs Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 18:40

sbiggs360 wrote:SBR Rockstar - Page 2 Suzuka2

thats me, yea the one at the back
Sgt JigglyMoobs
Sgt JigglyMoobs

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 18:42

No correction, that is me. Razz But you are second to last in that shot.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt JigglyMoobs Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 18:52

ohh yea i couldent see, you, how the hell were u behind me after i didnt accelertate off the line coz i wasnt sure wat we were doing, that really wasnt ur day Cool
Sgt JigglyMoobs
Sgt JigglyMoobs

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Sat 20 Jun 2009 - 0:06

Slider do you know if there is any way I can get my permanent license by the next GT event? I can't race midweek due to the time difference and I don't think there are any events this weekend are there?

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 11:01

not that i know of sorry

me and sam will do team points until you are able to do so so dont worry about it
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2