TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap

Go down

SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap Empty SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap

SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap Images10

SEBRING, Flor. (January 2, 2015) –Outlaw Racing's storybook start to the TORA racing season hit a speed bump at Sebring International Raceway. An early race incident brought the No. 211 and No. 441 machines into pit lane for repairs and the time lost proved insurmountable despite Iceman and Camshaft making faster laps each time around in their Mazda Miata and Toyota MR-2 racers, respectively.

SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap Sebrin10

Starting fourth on the grid, Iceman held his ground at the start of the four-hour race, but fell to fifth on the long straightaways, unable to match the power of the Hondas. From there, Iceman and Camshaft found themselves in a three-way battle for Fifth place. That fight came to a head just minutes into the final leg of the race when the No. 441 MR-2 of Camshaft made contact with the No. 211 Outlaw Miata, Iceman, and another competitor in the first turn on lap 1, sustaining enough damage to all three cars to effectively end their day.

The incident caused significant damage to the bodies of the cars. Camshaft brought the car into the pits for repairs and the Outlaw Racing crew quickly replaced the right front suspension, brakes and performed a full service stop with new tires and fuel. Less than two minutes later, he returned to track.

SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap Mazda-10

Just shy of the race’s halfway mark, Iceman, now in fifth place and a lap and a half down, started to hold his position on Camshaft. After putting in a flurry of quick laps, Iceman tapped the inside wall of the last turn, allowing Camshaft to pull him in a bit.

Despite Camshaft’s best efforts, the time lost could not be made up in the highly competitive field. The No. 441 did advance one position to finish sixth when the other damaged car dropped out of the race.

"It was a pretty reasonable start. I was struggling a little bit with the speed of the car, compared to the Hondas in the underpowered field. It’s hard to know what it really was that could have helped. I was trying to move my way forward by just logging miles, and I got in to a pretty good battle with another Overweight car. At one point he left the door open going into turn 7, we got side-by-side in a place where only one car can go through. Unfortunately, we made contact and significantly broke our car. The Outlaw Racing team did a fantastic job getting a pretty severely broken car and frustrated driver back on track in a matter of minutes."

SEBRING 4 HOURS of LeMons Race Recap Hqdefa10

“It’s a typical ‘that’s racing’ weekend for us. We’ve had great success at testing Sebring this year, and today was a ‘not quite working out for us’ day. On the other hand, Camshaft did a splendid job in his racecar, and the team did a good job getting the car repaired. It shows the depth of our team. We’re going to have little incidents along the way, but I’m looking forward to a good season." - Iceman

“My time on track was pretty good. We had an issue, but the guys did a really good job changing that suspension out. I got back in the car and drove around really. I didn’t push too hard and just tried to be smart and log the laps. We don't get any yellows to get us back into contention. There wasn’t a whole lot we could do at that point. I’m proud of all these guys. They did a good job. We certainly had a tough weekend with the contact issue that got us behind in the race. We did not have the quickest race laps and our race pace was going good for logging miles. There’s a lot to be positive about. It’s just about collecting all of our information and building it to be better in 2015. We’ve had some really good races before this one and we still had a lot of really positive things go on even during this race. We just got to be smart and keep focusing on the future.” - Camshaft
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2014-12-11

http://www.forzasimracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit