TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Long Beach thoughts EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Long Beach thoughts EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Long Beach thoughts EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Long Beach thoughts EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Long Beach thoughts EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Long Beach thoughts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Long Beach thoughts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Long Beach thoughts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Long Beach thoughts EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Long Beach thoughts

+2
JOSHSIGGY
Radiation Louis
6 posters

Go down

Long Beach thoughts Empty Long Beach thoughts

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 18:37

These questions are for all drivers to fill out as they wish I will be using your answers to write up official qualifying/ race reports. Please post what question you are answering in your responses please.

Note: I will not be using every single comment or thought and some or all of your thoughts may not be used at all (don't get frustrated if that happens to you as there are many more races and events to go. but if i don't have them to begin with they can't even be considered. )

Pre-Event question- What are you're initial thoughts on this season? How tough do you think it'll be?

Pre-Qually question- What are your expectations heading into qualifying 1 & 2 tonight? How well prepared are you?

Post-Qually question- Is the result what you expected and what are you going to do to keep/ get at the front?

Post-Race 1- General driver thoughts and what to do different for race 2 if anything?

Post-Race 2- General thoughts and what do you think of the first event of the TORA IndyCar Series?

Post-Event- How happy were you with your performance? What went wrong if anything? What went Right?

Last edited by XPR Gillard on Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 23:59; edited 1 time in total

Long Beach thoughts KSm7RyiLong Beach thoughts XnUPi68Long Beach thoughts WNF2dBuLong Beach thoughts BYYxxh5Long Beach thoughts EoWXJFzLong Beach thoughts KsRDGim
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Long Beach thoughts Empty Re: Long Beach thoughts

Post by JOSHSIGGY Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 21:52

What are you're initial thoughts on this season? How tough do you think it'll be?

Im looking forward to this season in the Indy car, Ive never taken part in such an event to date and i will be giving it my all come the green flag, I do think it will be very tough for myself being out of my comfort zone with this car but we all have to learn some how.

What are your expectations heading into qualifying 1 & 2 tonight? How well prepared are you?

I dont hold great expectations toward qualifying as i only found out today that ill be racing so i will have little time in the car before the get go, preperations are continuing as we speak

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 23:36

First Story, thank you shooter!

Long Beach thoughts 15718778139_d968e8b280_o

With registration having just closed temporarily mere minutes ago. There was a large increase in last minute registers before tonight's Inaugural IndyCar Series race at Long Beach, Round 1 of the 2015 season. One of those last minute entries THO Shooter who finds himself in a bit of unfamiliar territory in this championship. "Im looking forward to this season in the IndyCar, I've never taken part in such an event to date and I will be giving it my all come the green flag." Says THO Shooter, "I do think it will be very tough for myself being out of my comfort zone with this car but we all have to learn some how."

Not setting his expectations high for qualifying due to a last minute deal coming together, the team is still giving it their all for tonight's race. "I dont hold great expectations toward qualifying as I only found out today that I'll be racing so I will have little time in the car before the get go, preparations are continuing as we speak."

Looking to do the best he can before the start of the event, is THO Shooter who will be in Lobby A for Qualifying 1 & 2 which will start at 8:00PM Eastern Time on January 16th.

Long Beach thoughts KSm7RyiLong Beach thoughts XnUPi68Long Beach thoughts WNF2dBuLong Beach thoughts BYYxxh5Long Beach thoughts EoWXJFzLong Beach thoughts KsRDGim
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 0:29

Pre-Event question- What are your initial thoughts on this season? How tough do you think it'll be?

IndyCars are tough machines to drive and you need a fair bit of skill behind the wheel to make them go fast especially around a tight course like Long Beach. I think there will be a fierce competition for the top spots as the championship progresses. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Pre-Qually question- What are your expectations heading into qualifying 1 & 2 tonight? How well prepared are you?

I hope for what anyone hopes for in qualifying, to go as fast as possible. I've been preparing for this event for a little while so I know the track quite well. I'm just hoping for a nice qualy session to hit a fast lap in.

Long Beach thoughts DD8nrex
Long Beach thoughts SZURIXJLong Beach thoughts QOKrWbyLong Beach thoughts MzPrStALong Beach thoughts 3mPrZ2X
Long Beach thoughts BzhXMsxLong Beach thoughts H8F35LILong Beach thoughts KrhnLgxLong Beach thoughts K65jjcu
Long Beach thoughts WNF2dBuLong Beach thoughts LENnCx1Long Beach thoughts 2GvHyoqLong Beach thoughts EoWXJFz
Long Beach thoughts PLJWhqHLong Beach thoughts KsRDGimLong Beach thoughts HATP6CPLong Beach thoughts RfgBHz5Long Beach thoughts 8XA7yfT
1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 1:32

Mr Driv3, Iceman and Camshaft: I could not possibly think of a better way to prepare for the Indy GP of Long Beach than...

Global Rallycross at Tsukuba!!!

Good luck gents!

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 2:08

Post-Qually question- Is the result what you expected and what are you going to do to keep/ get at the front?

Absolutely ecstatic with my qualy results! I beat my personal best and placed high which is where I wanted to be. Long Beach is a pretty tight track so as long as I'm fast, people behind me can't really have passing opportunities. As for making up places? I'm afraid I can't reveal team strategies Wink

Long Beach thoughts DD8nrex
Long Beach thoughts SZURIXJLong Beach thoughts QOKrWbyLong Beach thoughts MzPrStALong Beach thoughts 3mPrZ2X
Long Beach thoughts BzhXMsxLong Beach thoughts H8F35LILong Beach thoughts KrhnLgxLong Beach thoughts K65jjcu
Long Beach thoughts WNF2dBuLong Beach thoughts LENnCx1Long Beach thoughts 2GvHyoqLong Beach thoughts EoWXJFz
Long Beach thoughts PLJWhqHLong Beach thoughts KsRDGimLong Beach thoughts HATP6CPLong Beach thoughts RfgBHz5Long Beach thoughts 8XA7yfT
1st Lemons @ Le Mans 2nd Privateers Fiesta Spec Cup
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JOSHSIGGY Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 2:23

Is the result what you expected and what are you going to do to keep/ get at the front?

I did better than i expected to and my focus now turns to the start of race one, Im hoping to keep my head down for the first few laps and avoid any incidents and try to move through the field as best i can, ill be happy with a top 10 finish.

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 2:51

Really bummed to miss Round 1. I was hoping to leave work early enough to make qualifying, but no luck. Crying or Very sad

Rebel Whitey

TORA Race Number : 328
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JOSHSIGGY Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 3:11

General driver thoughts and what to do different for race 2 if anything?

I was amazed that i started from P1 for the first race and i knew that i had to push to hold onto that position, after the parade laps i missed a gear on the start and fell back to P3 and managed to hold onto that position for a couple of laps untill another mistake left me further down the field, as the laps rolled on i hooked up with Technilogmau5 and we had a fantastic battle for countless laps untill near the end where i passed him and held on to take my first podium finish on FM5 for TORA, I want to say a massive thank you to Tech for such a great race, on to race two.

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by JOSHSIGGY Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 4:19

General thoughts and what do you think of the first event of the TORA IndyCar Series?

I had such a fantastic night in my first ever Indy car event, I'm hooked, i cannot wait until the next round at Road Atlanta, i will be trying to improve on my performance constantly and as for tonight, Well, I'm ecstatic about my racing tonight, I didn't have high hopes for tonight, being out of my comfort zone and i wasn't familiar with the car but as the laps rolled on i became more and more comfortable driving with the Chevy. I wasn't fast enough to have any form of fight in me for race two as i was moved into lobby A, Those guys are QUICK. but i pushed on with the aim of finishing on the lead lap and i managed to reach that target, Thank you all for a great evenings racing.

How happy were you with your performance? What went wrong if anything? What went Right?

Overall im very happy with how tonight panned out for myself, I had the best battle i ever thought i could have in my debut race with Techinlogicmau5 and that battle will remain in my thoughts, The main problem i had been suffering with was massive amounts of under steer from the Chevy, but dont forget they are built for top speeds, I managed to run my personal best lap time throughout race two which was a 1:09.653, which im over the moon about, considering i had very little time to perfect the car and learn the track to begin with.

See you all at the next round!

JOSHSIGGY

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 13:07

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Mr Driv3, Iceman and Camshaft: I could not possibly think of a better way to prepare for the Indy GP of Long Beach than...

Global Rallycross at Tsukuba!!!

Good luck gents!

YEEEEAHHHHH, that was NOT the best way! LOL

To make matters worse, apparently I hit my mute button on the controller, so when I slid and spun sideways in turn one, NO ONE KNEW!!! So I took out the top 2 cars trying to get out of the way....

Once I got yelled at, I looked down and saw it muted out.... That sucked.

JUST GET ME TO INDY!!!!!! Turn Left, Turn Left.....
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2014-12-11

http://www.forzasimracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down