TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread

+22
HCR Super T
HCR Bellmond
LMR MountainMan
LRT Jay
ART Carrera
Ax4x Mikun
krampz GT
RW26 BLAZE
Ax4x Bandit
exp1osive sam
RumbleBee 392
Freheliaz
JacekK1986
DDM Driv3
TechnologicMau5
HCR Skodaboie
FreshCubanBread
jonnotheone
xICEMANx41
Speed Dem0n 64
TLR Lone Star
LMR Deftone MX
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread

Post by LRT Jay Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:07

Requesting a photo of the results from Lobby A - Stint one if anyone has them?

LRT Jay

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-08-24

Back to top Go down

TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread

Post by LMR MountainMan Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:22

Stint 1 results
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 10947810
LMR MountainMan
LMR MountainMan

TORA Race Number : 22
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Jay Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:30

Thanks Alex. Smile

LRT Jay

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 0:46

Wow what a day!! Big thanks the LMR for running this!! Even with our bad luck it was still a fun event!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Super T Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 1:09

HCR Bellmond wrote:Wow what a day!! Big thanks the LMR for running this!! Even with our bad luck it was still a fun event!!

Couldn't agree more
HCR Super T
HCR Super T

TORA Race Number : 227
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 1:42

I think I did ok, considering I had a 4 year old tugging on or crawling all over me from Lap 7 to 34....
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2014-12-11

http://www.forzasimracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 6:21

I want to thank and congratulate everyone who took part today.. What a track! This will be the toughest race of the calendar, not to mention it served as our trial of how things would work running wise.. We learned a lot.

I want to apologize for the delays experienced in today's race. The truth is, this form of race is new to TORA. It's never been tested before, and we really didn't know how long it would take us to collect the data from each lobby, subtract the pace lap, enter it into the doc, and add it to the time already accumulated JUST to know the grid for the next stint. What I can tell you is with the knowledge we acquired, we have already evolutionized our process for the Silverstone 1,000KM. Sometimes, things happen that are out of our control and lobbies get delayed, but I can say that it won't be like that again.

I really want to thank you all for being so patient and understanding with the delays, it really makes it all worth it to see teams already excited and preparing for Silverstone!  Smile

Results will be available in the next day and we will announce the podium finishing teams!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 7:55

I wasn't even planning on racing last night but jumped in to cover Joe's stints and was actually pretty fun.

Didn't do much practice because I were getting sick of pin balling off the walls and had to be at work throughout most of the race but after about 20 laps I started to like the track, pushed a little too hard in lap 40 and hit the tires head on which ruined the car but managed to drag it to the finish.

Was really pushing in Stint 4 and got down to a 2:04.5 which I thought wasn't too bad and managed to get into 2nd so overall was happy with that.

LMR Deftone MX wrote:I want to apologize for the delays experienced in today's race. The truth is, this form of race is new to TORA. It's never been tested before, and we really didn't know how long it would take us to collect the data from each lobby, subtract the pace lap, enter it into the doc, and add it to the time already accumulated JUST to know the grid for the next stint. What I can tell you is with the knowledge we acquired, we have already evolutionized our process for the Silverstone 1,000KM. Sometimes, things happen that are out of our control and lobbies get delayed, but I can say that it won't be like that again.

Others know me as a bit of a spreadsheet nerd and I build the sheets for HCR event's. I normally automate everything so only basic information needs to be entered and the sheet calculates everything else. If you ever want me to give a hand in designing the sheets or creating any formula's to auto calculate things for you just let me know.
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 10:10

It was an amazing event.
Shame I hit so many walls yesterday. And I want to apoligize for the many accidents in Stint 2 of Lobby B.
I was driving that unexpected but it all worked out in the end.
Huge thanks to LMR for hosting/setting up this amazing event. Can't wait for Silverstone.
And huge thanks to everybody who was participating.

Roll on Silverstone!
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Stubbsy Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 11:44

I so enjoyed last nights race, annoyed at myself for crashing but overall good fun..

Silverstone should be a good one. Very Happy
LRT Stubbsy
LRT Stubbsy

TORA Race Number : 857
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2013-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by krampz GT Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 16:43

Stint 4 lobby B.

TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 IMAG1073
image hosting above 5 mb
krampz GT
krampz GT

TORA Race Number : 237
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-10

http://forzamotorsport.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 3:28

TJSteel wrote:I wasn't even planning on racing last night but jumped in to cover Joe's stints and was actually pretty fun.

Didn't do much practice because I were getting sick of pin balling off the walls and had to be at work throughout most of the race but after about 20 laps I started to like the track, pushed a little too hard in lap 40 and hit the tires head on which ruined the car but managed to drag it to the finish.

Was really pushing in Stint 4 and got down to a 2:04.5 which I thought wasn't too bad and managed to get into 2nd so overall was happy with that.

LMR Deftone MX wrote:I want to apologize for the delays experienced in today's race. The truth is, this form of race is new to TORA. It's never been tested before, and we really didn't know how long it would take us to collect the data from each lobby, subtract the pace lap, enter it into the doc, and add it to the time already accumulated JUST to know the grid for the next stint. What I can tell you is with the knowledge we acquired, we have already evolutionized our process for the Silverstone 1,000KM. Sometimes, things happen that are out of our control and lobbies get delayed, but I can say that it won't be like that again.

Others know me as a bit of a spreadsheet nerd and I build the sheets for HCR event's. I normally automate everything so only basic information needs to be entered and the sheet calculates everything else. If you ever want me to give a hand in designing the sheets or creating any formula's to auto calculate things for you just let me know.

Hey Jay! Glad you enjoyed the event! Any help with sheets is welcome! PM me your email and I'll as you to it and you can see what we have.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 4:00

You know, I did run a 24 hour event before and this is how they did it: you could not run back to back stints. There had to be a driver change. The rooms started at the designated time with random grid order start, as if you left pit out. So if stint one started a little late, stint two could go, and times would be calculated accordingly. Now this meant that the cars stayed in their respective lobbies, instead of moving up or down the grid. Thoughts for the future when we want to run a 24 hour event.... So it doesn't take 28-32 hours. I have seen one do that....

xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 4:54

xIcemanx41 wrote:You know, I did run a 24 hour event before and this is how they did it:  you could not run back to back stints.  There had to be a driver change.  The rooms started at the designated time with random grid order start, as if you left pit out.  So if stint one started a little late, stint two could go, and times would be calculated accordingly.  Now this meant that the cars stayed in their respective lobbies, instead of moving up or down the grid.  Thoughts for the future when we want to run a 24 hour event.... So it doesn't take 28-32 hours.  I have seen one do that....

thing is with allowing people 2 double stint it allows them to get it out the way for them to go to Work or w.e else they have Planned there people dont wanna be coming bk and forth after each stint i think they would rather get 2 stints out the way then do 1 stint wait 2 hours then do another, they want to keep the rhythm they have going, this is why Double Stint is allowed Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 5:14

xIcemanx41 wrote:You know, I did run a 24 hour event before and this is how they did it:  you could not run back to back stints.  There had to be a driver change.  The rooms started at the designated time with random grid order start, as if you left pit out.  So if stint one started a little late, stint two could go, and times would be calculated accordingly.  Now this meant that the cars stayed in their respective lobbies, instead of moving up or down the grid.  Thoughts for the future when we want to run a 24 hour event.... So it doesn't take 28-32 hours.  I have seen one do that....

Hey dude! Hope you enjoyed the race, and you do make some interesting points! We've ran 12 and 24 hour events on TORA for over 3 years, and have developed a standard for Endurance Races held on the site. Despite this championship adopting a new stint and race format, it follows the same principles that TORA's built its Endurance racing history on! If you go down to the bottom of the forum homepage, you can take a look at TORA's past in archives section!

Hope to see you at the Silvertstone 1,000 in 2 weeks! Smile
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 5:42

Freheliaz wrote:Lobby B stint 3 results.
Taken from TechnologicMau's video.
TORA Pro GT - Bathurst 1,000 Race Day Thread - Page 3 16172217929_4134c23df3_b

Woah...we have the same TV Razz
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 11:48

LMR Deftone MX wrote:

Hey dude! Hope you enjoyed the race, and you do make some interesting points! We've ran 12 and 24 hour events on TORA for over 3 years, and have developed a standard for Endurance Races held on the site. Despite this championship adopting a new stint and race format, it follows the same principles that TORA's built its Endurance racing history on! If you go down to the bottom of the forum homepage, you can take a look at TORA's past in archives section!

It's all cool! I liked the racing. I am in no means saying to change anything, just adding to the convo with things I have seen in the past. Trust me, there were some pissed off people when the stints got so out of control on one site that a 24 hour lemans rave started to push the 30 hour mark. lol!

Solar, I was describing a 24 hour race setup. These guys were running 4-5 stints and it made it easier for guys getting up at 2-3 am to not get delayed and they could go back to sleep. Not necessarily a 4 total stint race, like we are doing.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 13:24

xIcemanx41 wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:

It's all cool!  I liked the racing.  I am in no means saying to change anything, just adding to the convo with things I have seen in the past.  Trust me, there were some pissed off people when the stints got so out of control on one site that a 24 hour lemans rave started to push the 30 hour mark.  lol!  

Solar, I was describing a 24 hour race setup.  These guys were running 4-5 stints and it made it easier for guys getting up at 2-3 am to not get delayed and they could go back to sleep.  Not necessarily a 4 total stint race, like we are doing.

Just to add to this I think in a 24 hour even limiting stints could be a good idea but I don't think not allowing any doubles is a good idea. For example you could set it up as 4 mini 6 hour sessions where you can't double 3-4, 6-7, 9-10 this way you can reset the gap mid way.

If you imagine a 2 man team doing the 24 with no double stints. It's not gonna happen because sleeping in a 2hr break will not benefit you at all. Someone doing a double or treble however would allow you to rest and you could plan on waking at a Mini restart such as stint 4, 7, or 10

An 8hr race though I don't see any problems with double stints as it means the crazy people can do the lot themselves lol. Or be kind enough to wait for someone to jump online, allow an xbox update to happen because he hasnt been online in a week because they didn't plan to race. Thanks to all who waited around in B Lobby in stint 3 for that by the way Smile

30hr of Le mans though? I'd probably moan about that too lol.
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 13:31

^^^ oh, forgot that we had 4 man minimum teams...That made the stints a little longer spaced out.  LOL
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 13:34

Yes, I ran most of my stints earlier on a 5 man team... It was hilarious listening to my teammates complain on facebook about it too.  Things that they would say with little sleep....
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 13:41

I do 12 hour night shifts and unless you've done them yourself you have no idea what it feels like to be badly deprived of sleep. Pretty much anything annoys you to the point where you want to shout at everything or take your anger out on someone. It's not a good feeling so I can imagine what kinds of things were said lol
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 14:27

aaa i see Iceman i was just saying if double stinting aint allowed not many people would jump in on it, as for me i couldnt do the 1 and 2 stints for Bathurst as i have my lil sister to look after that is why i ran the last 2 stints haha Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 14:45

LOL - I would feel sorry for a two man team doing a 24 hour event...  zzzzz halfway through!

*edited because grammar correct did not recognize halfway.  Stupid Windows 8!
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 15:21

Sure someone did something mental like 16-18 hours at the tora le mans last year. I did a 7-7 day shift. Stayed up doing my stints till about 5, had about 3 hours sleep then raced again. Thought I'd just stay up and sleep all night and got called into work at about 8pm because someone on night shift went home I'll. Slept a lot of that shift but driving home at 7 i felt like I was gonna die lol. Never doing that again
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 15:27

Yes, when we do a 24 hour event, there will be 4 drivers in each outlaw car. That's not to say we won't enter two classes....
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next