TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion

+24
ShrinkingSteven
RiverBlack JJ
galeforce97
thatcargeek
PsycoPhoenix
HCR Cerberus
BalmierPie671
Freheliaz
Ax4x Chaddy
MAVERICK3138
xebot360
BigBen13x
HCR Bellmond
connor7195
TH3 LOBST3R
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
xICEMANx41
Ax4x Cowboy
PTG Chungus
SVR Solar
xVampirAx
IBlueIJaBBRexI
theboomeranga
Ax4x Mikey J
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion

Post by SVR Solar Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 14:03

i will give the Camaro SS a quick bash see what lap times i can get and as for the people that wanted me to team, will have put you guys on Hold may have a team mate lol
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 14:15

Just done 2:12.9 in stock tune mustang
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

TORA Race Number : 646
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 14:22

I think the new one is an issue due to the motor that is in it. I remember having the same problem trying to balance it in my CTSCC series. We ended up using the SS too, and it was complained about too, until they really tuned it. We had one guy super fast in it.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2014-12-11

http://www.forzasimracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:03

The other thing is the Aston going to own all at this track so I don't know how it's going to work with muscle cars and a sedan
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:26

BigBen0913 wrote:
Th3 LOBST3R wrote:Has anybody tested the cars for this series? The camero was 1.5 seconds off pace during my test session the only car I didn't test was the BMW in the grandsport class but I was able to get the mustang, Aston and challenger within 2 tenths of each other.

Bring this up again, since it got caught up in people fighting over Solar.  My question is why was the Camaro SS chosen and not the ZL1 which is more comparable to the current Z28 that ran in the series last year?  

I had the Camaro at a few tenths off the fastest, which for me was the Challenger, and one of the test crew had his a second faster than the Aston.

The ZL1... could not make comparable weight, power and PI all at the same time.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:27

xIcemanx41 wrote:I think the new one is an issue due to the motor that is in it.  I remember having the same problem trying to balance it in my CTSCC series.  We ended up using the SS too, and it was complained about too, until they really tuned it.  We had one guy super fast in it.

Thats most likely it, the Supercharger throws the whole PI curve way off.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:32

IBlueIJaBBRexI wrote:Would there be a chance it couldn't be a Saturday as I'm interested in running but in the current date I can't run due to work commitments.

Nope, this is actually the "support race" for the FM5 Superstock Challenge 6H of Sebring that is being held that Sunday. Which, for those with dual consoles, makes it the 12H of Sebring Wink

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:35

IBlueIJaBBRexI wrote:Just done 2:12.9 in stock tune mustang
Aston done 2:13.9 stock tuned
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:53

STINT CHANGE:

4x90 Minute stints, rather than 3x2 hours

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:56

What about a day change to Sunday. As me and 2 or 3 other are interested but can't make it due to work commitment and other commitments Mikey
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:00

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
IBlueIJaBBRexI wrote:Would there be a chance it couldn't be a Saturday as I'm interested in running but in the current date I can't run due to work commitments.

Nope, this is actually the "support race" for the FM5 Superstock Challenge 6H of Sebring that is being held that Sunday. Which, for those with dual consoles, makes it the 12H of Sebring Wink

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by IBlueIJaBBRexI Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:03

Much sad well count me out then
IBlueIJaBBRexI
IBlueIJaBBRexI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:10

Sorry. Sad

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:15

But surely if moving it helps those without both consoles enter it should be considered as it will be beneficial for the race!!

After all its a race on FM4 shouldnt FM4 racers come first??
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:21

HCR Bellmond wrote:But surely if moving it helps those without both consoles enter it should be considered as it will be beneficial for the race!!

After all its a race on FM4 shouldnt FM4 racers come first??

+1 but if this was to happen I cant race :/

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:24

I get everyone will be different and some can and cant do certain days!! Its just the way the convo was shut off just because we are yet again making room and moving over for FM5 and the fact that the '2nd half of the race' is on a Sunday at US times that rules out anyone in the UK who has a job. All seems a little bit daft to me!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:36

HCR Bellmond wrote:I get everyone will be different and some can and cant do certain days!! Its just the way the convo was shut off just because we are yet again making room and moving over for FM5 and the fact that the '2nd half of the race' is on a Sunday at US times that rules out anyone in the UK who has a job. All seems a little bit daft to me!!

Here's the deal... when I was helping get the TORAus Superstock Challenge Series up and running, when we were looking at the possible schedule, a 6 hour enduro finale was brought up. I said "If we could do a FM4 version of the same thing that same weekend, that would be awesome". The FM5 version came first as it is the finale of an entire series, where (for now) this is a one off event.

The annual Sebring 12 Hour enduro was always on Saturdays, so I figured Saturday would be fine. Same with TASCAR, always on Saturdays and never heard a complaint about that either.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:46

I can race Saturday im not saying its been a problem before I actually prefer Saturday enduros hence why I ran my own on that day! Im saying the way it was dictated this is how it will be was poor!! There has to be abit of give and take! 

Youve just proved my point right there the FM4 race was an afterthought!! Jus getting a little tired of hearing 'we cant do this coz FM5...........' feel like 2nd class for wanting to stay on FM4 until PCars comes out!!

I know your working hard to give us good content on FM4 but at the moment we have no identity and everything we do is governed by what the FM5 side of things is doing.
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:53

Afterthought... only because the FM5 series was already well into the planning stages before this race was even brought up. So, yeah a bit of afterthought, but for good reason.

The CTSCC is something that I had always wanted to do, as I love the real life series, but it seems that balancing is a bit of an issue, so it was never attempted at TORA until now. When I saw the FM5 version being planned, I jumped in and thought "if it can be done on 5, it sure can be done on 4."

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:01

But what im sayin mikey is everything feels like abit of an afterthought!! Im not tryin to say the series is bad its a good idea in my eyes but we are still always taking a back seat to FM5 we couldnt have TCC, TEC got shut down early, no real GT series and no ISCC all these make me feel a little unwanted and this was yet another example of FM5 taking priority. As far as balancing is concerned you know where we are send a few builds and the team will try em out for ya!! If helps needed please just ask, if its going to improve the FM4 experience then we will be more than happy to help.
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:17

You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Ideally, everyone would be able to take part but there's no practical solution to that.

Think of this as a support event to the TORA.US Superstock Challenge.
TORA could have run a series of one off support events on FM5 (Formula Ford, Spec Miata etc.) but they are trying to get as many people as possible involved in the weekend. Including an event on FM4 at a suitable time while trying not to force people to choose between FM4 and FM5 to take part is what necessitates one being on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. The FM5 event being part of an already planned season means it quite rightly gets priority on the Sunday.

Turner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 ZAoqkoNTurner Motorsport CTSCC 6H of Sebring Discussion - Page 2 D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:20

HCR Bellmond wrote:But what im sayin mikey is everything feels like abit of an afterthought!! Im not tryin to say the series is bad its a good idea in my eyes but we are still always taking a back seat to FM5 we couldnt have TCC, TEC got shut down early, no real GT series and no ISCC all these make me feel a little unwanted and this was yet another example of FM5 taking priority. As far as balancing is concerned you know where we are send a few builds and the team will try em out for ya!! If helps needed please just ask, if its going to improve the FM4 experience then we will be more than happy to help.

I did send the builds to members of different teams, inc a certain HCR member... but its now three weeks until race day, so I had to go with the input that I received. Cars were cut for either being too good or too bad, and adjustments were made to get a marginal car or two within range. W/o the Porsche pack in my console, I couldn't build one myself, and despite offers to try, I never once received a postable build list for one, so no Porsches.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:28

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
HCR Bellmond wrote:But what im sayin mikey is everything feels like abit of an afterthought!! Im not tryin to say the series is bad its a good idea in my eyes but we are still always taking a back seat to FM5 we couldnt have TCC, TEC got shut down early, no real GT series and no ISCC all these make me feel a little unwanted and this was yet another example of FM5 taking priority. As far as balancing is concerned you know where we are send a few builds and the team will try em out for ya!! If helps needed please just ask, if its going to improve the FM4 experience then we will be more than happy to help.

I did send the builds to members of different teams, inc a certain HCR member... but its now three weeks until race day, so I had to go with the input that I received. Cars were cut for either being too good or too bad, and adjustments were made to get a marginal car or two within range. W/o the Porsche pack in my console, I couldn't build one myself, and despite offers to try, I never once received a postable build list for one, so no Porsches.

i did say i would try i had alot on when you sent them to me dude, i had the Suzuka 1000k/Bathurst 1000k/ Touring US Masters and MX 5's so i am sorry i couldnt give any input in on it and i didnt feel it was my place to turn around to the team and ask them to do testing for them cars. as for that i am sorry. and as for this Event i think it amazing but as this has been said before, Saturday is a UK based Event so really it should be more focusing on trying to get people in for that. and as for US no 1 from the UK that i know off bar me would be able to make the FM5 US one. so it all falls down now to what you and the other organisers see fit to try get both FM4 and FM5 Series hitting the roof with Registrations.

as for the TCC/TEC and no Real GT Series, you know full well i have been screaming for the TCC to come bk to FM4 but its always been "But FM5 are trying to do it" but they did try and it failed and apparently it was quite poo poo lol,
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:30

I never knew about the HCR member having these until we discussed this today, I have already advised him he should have said he had been asked as I could have distributed these across the team and given you solid results.

But we are still missing the FM5 taking priority point of this discussion!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 17:33

BG Cowboy wrote:You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Ideally, everyone would be able to take part but there's no practical solution to that.

Think of this as a support event to the TORA.US Superstock Challenge.
TORA could have run a series of one off support events on FM5 (Formula Ford, Spec Miata etc.) but they are trying to get as many people as possible involved in the weekend. Including an event on FM4 at a suitable time while trying not to force people to choose between FM4 and FM5 to take part is what necessitates one being on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. The FM5 event being part of an already planned season means it quite rightly gets priority on the Sunday.

But is it worth it at the expense of sole FM4 racers??? Why do the guys who have FM5 get priority??

(Just want to clarify i do have XB1 and FM5)
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next