TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION

+13
Diablo 29x
xVampirAx
HCR Motorhead
Standaman94
Ax4x Chaddy
TJSteel
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Ax4x Cowboy
SVR Solar
APX COLONEL
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION

Post by PsycoPhoenix Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 21:16

O and just and fyi to everyone if you think this is an arguement your wrong. This is everyone stating wheather they would be willing to race in a series with assists on / off FULLY!
Some want to race the hardest way possible in the game, others want to race more for fun theirs nothing wrong with either way.

So if nothing pops up in the next month I will have a FULL SIM series created this I can and will promise.
PsycoPhoenix
PsycoPhoenix

TORA Race Number : 282
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty Re: BRAKING AND DRIVING LINE DISCUSSION

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 22 Feb 2015 - 4:33

CQR MAGiC wrote:Normal steering is an assist (it automatically countersteers the steering back to centre when you apply opposite lock, i.e. it's assisted steering). Sim steering is full unassisted, you are in full control of winding lock on and off.

So how does banning racing line make it more realistic if you're still using assisted steering. Baffling.

I stand corrected, as I had always thought that sim steering was just a quicker ratio steering box, like a go-kart, whereas normal box was just a bit slower, as in a production car. Now that I know this, being one to practice what I preach, I will be switching to sim steering from now on. If it costs me a few tenths, so be it.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Sun 22 Feb 2015 - 11:53

No worries, it can feel a bit twitchy to start with but the smoother you wind the lock in and out the less snap oversteer you'll get.

This is how steering has evolved in Forza:

- Forza 2 only had one steering model.
- Forza 3 introduced a countersteer assist to make drifting easier, but it made the steering feel quite dead for sim racers
- Forza 4 retained Forza 3's steering and called it 'Normal Steering'. They also added 'Simulation Steering' which removes the countersteer assist, and is closer to what was in Forza 2.
- Forza 5 has kept the same Normal / Sim steering options.

This is a good article from Turn 10 explaining the differences:

"In Forza 3, we refined a steering assist to the controller (and to a lesser extent for the wheel) that helped the player countersteer, drift and recover. It slightly modified the player’s steering angle input as well as the rate of steering wheel rotation based on the yaw of the car and the player’s recent inputs. I loved the system for drifting, as it made me feel like a driving god without actually sacrificing our physics accuracy. It made the game easier to drift and recover by just interpreting the player’s input.

With “Simulation Steering” in Forza 4, those input assists are turned off. If you over-countersteer or over-correct, you will spin like a top. Based on how you drive, Simulation Steering, combined with the new Pirelli tire data, makes the cars feel far more twitchy--especially high-powered RWD cars such as the Ferrari 599 GTO (and even more so with traction control turned off). Interestingly, if you are a very smooth driver that doesn’t really let the car get out of shape, you probably won’t notice a difference at all.

Of course, some gamers associate slow steering rates and crazy moment-of-inertia values with a feeling of “simulation.” This is most likely due to their experience with other racing games. However, as most of you know, that’s just not how real cars behave. When you jerk the wheel from one side to the other, the car will twitch. When you over-correct and over-countersteer, the car will build up torque and whip around – hello, tank-slapper. While this is most evident in a lightweight race car, I can tell you from personal real-world experience: it will happen in a big Audi A8 as well! Anyway, simulation is important to us, so we put in the option for “Simulation Steering.”"

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/underthehood3
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2014-12-29

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 22 Feb 2015 - 17:00

Cheers for the info Magic Cheers

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2