TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds

+5
HCR Bellmond
SVR Solar
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Honcho
theboomeranga
9 posters

Go down

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds Empty TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds

Post by theboomeranga Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 1:00

Any parts labeled above MUST be adhered to, Penalties will be handed out if they are not.

Tuning Rules:
- The TORA V8 Supercars will have open tuning, anything can be tunes on the cars
NOTE: Rule Change- Full Tuning of the Race Transmission is now allowed

Last edited by ErebusV8 on Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 3:15; edited 1 time in total
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds Empty Re: TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds

Post by CQR Honcho Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 10:20

ErebusV8 wrote:
- The TORA V8 Supercars will have open tuning, anything can be tunes on the cars
- However, 6 gears MUST be used on all circuits except for Sebring Club and Infineon NASCAR (which must use 5). This does not mean 3 seconds in 6th gear either, a proper 6 gear ratio must be used, no 5 gear tunes.
This will be monitored and penalized if broken.

Please tell me how this is going to be policed!? Its such a ridiculous rule. the whole point in tuning the car is to get it how the person driving it likes it. This has echo's of when Formula Forza told people what gear you had to use at what corner, and look how that ended!
Are you going to sit and watch every car do every lap in every replay?
I think you've opened a can of worms here.

CQR Honcho

TORA Race Number : 38
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2012-06-05

https://www.facebook.com/RustyLaidlerRacing

Back to top Go down

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds Empty Re: TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds

Post by theboomeranga Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 10:28

It's worked before. 
There's two rounds where 5 gears must be used and 5 where 6 gears are enforced.
I will think about it over night and if enough people want me to change it I will. But I put the rule in to equal the playing field. 

Thanks for your opinion though Rusty, it is appreciated
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 11:24

It's a pointless rule.
You can make 1st redundant and just run 2nd to 6th.
Or abuse it even more, make 1st and 2nd redundant and run 3rd to 6th.

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds ZAoqkoNTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 12:37

Brad has put that rule in to make it more the 2 Real V8 Super Cars, and i can understand why he has done so, the rule will be hard 2 enforce, but if Bradley wants, i will happily sit there as a Steward and watch Replays of every Lap 2 make sure people have used the 6th or 5th Gears depending on the circuit Smile.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 13:49

Being fair tho the replays dont always show the actual gears.

I get why the rule is there but not sure how it can be enforced
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 15:06

i feel this rule may be a bit special it will be hard to enforce but to also tune for it and as pointed can be abused
if it does go ahead i will +1 with solar and help out as well ive got a bit of free time left

A lobby Backmarker
Standard Fat guy
Pendulum tuning Garage Drivet

1st 4X TORA TCC Privateer, TORA Big rigs privateer, TORA AM IRON privateer ACCR LMP PRO, GT3, GTO & Touring masters.
PTG DTCC Drivers and privateer winner Season 2
2nd V8 Supercars, TCC 2022, PTG DTCC Drivers title
( Also double OMA TCC Privateer and team hard champion...but...yanno...wooden spoon things)
( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)
TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds PbNPSDnTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds PNUZuSu
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 16:21

make it stock trans. worked well last time out.
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung

TORA Race Number : 759
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 0:11

This rule was enforced in Formula Forza and it was a joke. They made some sub-stipulations and then they flipped me off with demoting me to the back of the grid because I used first gear for 0.85 seconds, and I was 0.15 too short. My fear is this is what will happen here should the rule stand.

And if people aren't confident at tuning gears, just ask. It's the one thing I'm actually good at Smile It may explain why sometimes I out perform my on paper form.

One C is better.

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds 1SYCYfDTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds VWFRPRpTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds KXuWtxqTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds NmyjVoUTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds ZxxURAMTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds JgDewLgTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds WLxDUZYTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds 5nPqOwATORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds K91JzVYTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds 70LXLscTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds ZZnXNxnTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds JUwEMx8TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 1:06

I wasn't going to enforce any ridiculousness like that^ Was just going to ask people to use all 6 gears in a decent manor, even if that means slightly changing the final drive so all 6 gears were used for some time, and I wouldn't go down to micro seconds saying "i said 2 sec minimum and you had 1.6" if it was close enough I'd allow it, but, the poll is there now, so what the majority wants will stand.

And sorry if I seem like an a*s or anything, was just trying to make it more realistic, but I do like the fact that you guys are speaking up so I know what the majority want
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 22 Mar 2015 - 1:15

There's more to tuning gears than just final drive Smile

I can use 6 gears reasonably easily for Road Atlanta due to the giant feck off straight, but I'd use 5 if I had no limits, which means other tracks I'd probably use 4 for an optimal setup.

The problem with using "decent" manners is there's a grey area on what's taking the piss and what's not. People will say "Well if this is taking the piss then how is this not?" People will be anal no matter what so there ought to be either stipulated parameters or none. Where discretion comes into it, is where there'll be conflict Sad

One C is better.

TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds 1SYCYfDTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds VWFRPRpTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds KXuWtxqTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds NmyjVoUTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds ZxxURAMTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds JgDewLgTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds WLxDUZYTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds 5nPqOwATORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds K91JzVYTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds 70LXLscTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds ZZnXNxnTORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds JUwEMx8TORA V8 Supercars Championship - Car List and Builds PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Gravling Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 12:37

I can understand the reason for wanting to ensure everyone runs 6 gears, but personally and having spoken with my team-mates it definitely undermines the appeal of the series.

When it comes to a level playing field, the gearing is probably the easiest element to get right - even I can usually manage to end up with something usable compared to my attempts to mess with camber etc.

And it's going to be a complete pain to monitor - not just in terms of checking everything, but in terms of disagreements and differing interpretations...

The only thing I could see to level the playing field would be taking the top x number from each race/championship and giving them a start delay for the next event or a weight penalty. Even in completely stock cars, some people will always be a fair bit faster, and a complicated gearbox rule won't change that (Unfortunately for slower drivers like me!)
Badger Gravling
Badger Gravling

TORA Race Number : 674
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-08-18

http://www.onlineracingdriver.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sun 29 Mar 2015 - 3:12

Rules updated,
Race Transmission and Full tuning will be allowed.

Thank you all for your thoughts on the matter, and I look forward to Thursday
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down