TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day

+47
Chicken Glenn
TechnologicMau5
Mesasphere
SPEEEDFREAK999
A Subway Cookie
CTM AnonCaliga
pedroHUN
nismosteve
Speed Dem0n 64
n7thGear
krampz GT
Surg3onSh00t1ng
gregtwo
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Bandit
Mrbrown33
Morne in Glory
Wrcfreak555
SGR Amber
jonnotheone
Man Like Chaz
Manuel CR
HCR Kosmic
TSR Eyles
LMR Hybrid
BG Wumba
PROD DTechR
paul299
xVampirAx
SECR Marko1100
DDM Driv3
MattF3P
HCR generaltso
FreshCubanBread
Capt10 Morgan
BTMX Slane
Turbo Power 77
Godric VXR
Simply Law
ATR DAN
AdamWatson99
Dominic Mako
MAB170294
CreamyTastey
LMR Deftone MX
RumbleBee 392
Matt
51 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day

Post by jonnotheone Sun 24 May 2015 - 22:25

This is going to flop the game is seriously not ready for online events
1,took us at least 5 attempts to set up lobby
2,some people didn't even revive invites
3,lag was unbelievable
4,frame rate drop all the time non stop
5,in game com's is not working
An that's a few I spotted not to mention cutting penalty leaving pits and that one is on some other tacks also...p,cars is not ready for online racing and this championship should be postponed or there will be a lot of upset people not the best thing for new comers to see really....

Ohh an no offence to the host but the lobby settings were wrong stability control is allowed yet it was off
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Media Day

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Sun 24 May 2015 - 22:50

Jonno but it's been put out to the real world BGT that it's all go so course it's going to go ahead. Its a disaster waiting to happen and as for the game... five years, partly complete game #fail

On a side note, I'm surprised the real BGT didn't offer up something as a prize to the winners of this series e.g tickets to one of the races or something along those lines.
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 24 May 2015 - 22:54

It's odd because I didn't really receive any unusual issues in the lobby. Tiny bit if lag here and there. Which to be fair is probably more to do with MS than SMS.
Some of the more major portions of this are covered in the patch (when we get it).
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 24 May 2015 - 22:57

AnonCaliga wrote:Jonno but it's been put out to the real world BGT that it's all go so course it's going to go ahead. Its a disaster waiting to happen and as for the game... five years, partly complete game #fail

On a side note, I'm surprised the real BGT didn't offer up something as a prize to the winners of this series e.g tickets to one of the races or something along those lines.

Just because things haven't been announced doesn't mean it's not happening.
BGT being a part of TORA's journey is a massive thing for us but I'd appreciate not deriding what is ultimately a fantastic opportunity for us all.
Short term issues will be sorted. Many of these are, ultimately, outaide of our control and we hope that the developers are dealing with them. Certainly I am talking to them away from the forums to address our concerns,
They know how important BGT is and what it potentially means for them so I hope the right decisions wil be made for us all.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:01

Good luck with that. Look forward to further announcements then.
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:10

Also please note my statement prior to your comment.
I have alrady accepted the blame for the organisational issues tonight.
As I stated, a family issue has drawn my attention away from the track recently so while I have been doing my utmost to maintain the processes and planning for this, family does come first.

We obviously have no control over the SMS side of things. Until we're rich enough to develop nd build our own game I'm afraid we're in the hands of the developers....
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:19

Actually matt real life always takes priority especially when it comes to family, I truly hope everything is ok with you and your family.

At the end of the day this event was designed for a test for the start of the season and hopefully tora and the community can work together to get it working.

BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:19

As you know Matt I've got a wife suffering from cancer so you can understand my annoyance after sitting for well over an hour awaiting an invite when I could have probably spent time more wisely.
Just to clarify, I'm not at all having a go at your personal situation and believe me I understand circumstances regarding family more than most, pity some others don't.
Like everyone else I'm simply discussing the errors with this badly put together game and the apparent eagerness to host a series on it when there is clearly issues and many within the community speaking out about it.
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:23

BTMX Slane wrote:Actually matt real life always takes priority especially when it comes to family,  I truly hope everything is ok with you and your family.

At the end of the day this event was designed for a test for the start of the season and hopefully tora and the community can work together to get it working.

Thanks for that - discussion is well underway and changes will be posted in the next day or so.

I am anticipating a small change to the calender to accommodate release of the patch. More on this in the morning.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:32

I had a brilliant time! Seeing new people (welcome) and seeing some old greats!! Got a nice 90 miles of testing! Learnt a real lot today!!!

All I ask is that GT4 drivers please STICK TO THE RACING LINE. Had a few mis-communications with drivers that had moved over to let me go
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:36

AnonCaliga wrote:As you know Matt I've got a wife suffering from cancer so you can understand my annoyance after sitting for well over an hour awaiting an invite when I could have probably spent time more wisely.
Just to clarify, I'm not at all having a go at your personal situation and believe me I understand circumstances regarding family more than most, pity some others don't.
Like everyone else I'm simply discussing the errors with this badly put together game and the apparent eagerness to host a series on it when there is clearly issues and many within the community speaking out about it.

I'm very sorry to hear that news about your wife.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:41

Very sorry to hear about the sad news for both Matt & Caliga. I definitely wish you both all the best during this difficult time.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 24 May 2015 - 23:56

Dan, Chaddy, and I were the initial hosts of the three lobbies tonight. It became clear very quickly that people weren't always receiving invites that we were sending.

We have learned a lot tonight so expect amendments that are to ensure things can be run in a smooth, organized, and on time fashion in the future!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrbrown33 Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:05

Matt wrote:It's odd because I didn't really receive any unusual issues in the lobby. Tiny bit if lag here and there. Which to be fair is probably more to do with MS than SMS.
Some of the more major portions of this are covered in the patch (when we get it).
I thought the first patch was to sort out the controller issues and some tweeks to the single player?
The lagg most players are experiencing is due to player dropping and joining, so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem on race day.
The biggest problem I had was penaltys from coming out of the pit lane, 85 seconds of speed limit! Also joining a lobby was a nightmare, might be best to start it a bit earlier.

Last edited by Mrbrown33 on Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:07; edited 1 time in total
Mrbrown33
Mrbrown33

TORA Race Number : 335
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:06

Lets be positive guys, we have a fantastic opportunity thanks to the real British GT. We will make this work - even if it won't be completely spot on - we won't give up. #RACINGUNITED
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by n7thGear Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:18

jonnotheone wrote:This is going to flop the game is seriously not ready for online events
1,took us at least 5 attempts to set up lobby
2,some people didn't even revive invites
3,lag was unbelievable
4,frame rate drop all the time non stop
5,in game com's is not working
An that's a few I spotted not to mention cutting penalty leaving pits and that one is on some other tacks also...p,cars is not ready for online racing and this championship should be postponed or there will be a lot of upset people not the best thing for new comers to see really....

Ohh an no offence to the host but the lobby settings were wrong stability control is allowed yet it was off
I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting cutting penalty leaving the pit box!! That's messed up! Haha
n7thGear
n7thGear

TORA Race Number : 792
Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2015-05-14

http://n7thGear.boards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by n7thGear Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:25

FranchittiFan wrote:Lets be positive guys, we have a fantastic opportunity thanks to the real British GT. We will make this work - even if it won't be completely spot on - we won't give up. #RACINGUNITED
I went back and raced in the rain anyway Wink it'll get worked out.
n7thGear
n7thGear

TORA Race Number : 792
Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2015-05-14

http://n7thGear.boards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:32

It's not something I would normally broadcast so openly but I felt on this occasion I had to as I didn't appreciate being removed from a position without notice due to being absent whilst helping my wife through the chemo part of this nightmare, then tonight having an attempt being made by one person to make me look like a heartless bad guy when I was simply voicing my concerns like all community members are entitled to. Anyway I'll say no more on the subject and will refrain from voicing my concerns regarding this series any further as I mistook this forum to be open to discussion. I have personally withdrawn from the series as I don't believe this game is or will be ready on time to be a platform for this series. I do however wish all those of you who will be taking part all the very best of luck and hope all goes well with it.
Finally, I appreciate the kindly worded PM's and messages above, thanks guys.
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by II AntR II Mon 25 May 2015 - 0:47

No pictures? Where are the pictures? WHERE THE PICTURES? PICTUREZZZZZZZZ?????

Laughing Razz
II AntR II
II AntR II

TORA Race Number : 870
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 25 May 2015 - 7:55

As far as I have gathered, the top three times from yesterday's session in each class are -

GT3
1:23.4 - gregtwo
1:23.7 - LMR Deftone MX
1:24.0 - LMR Harmonic

GT4
1:31.2 - SorrySmithy
1:31.5 - BG Wumba
1:32.5 - PTG Mesasphere
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamyTastey Mon 25 May 2015 - 8:56

LMR Deftone MX wrote:As far as I have gathered, the top three times from yesterday's session in each class are -

GT3

GT4

Collin GT3 was really close in our lobby!! Smile
CreamyTastey
CreamyTastey

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Mon 25 May 2015 - 9:35

FranchittiFan wrote:Lets be positive guys, we have a fantastic opportunity thanks to the real British GT. We will make this work - even if it won't be completely spot on - we won't give up. #RACINGUNITED

Well said . Also thanks for hosting the lobby last night as well didn't get a chance to thank you in the party because everything froze ha but thanks again to you and the rest of the staff who I know give up there free time to figure a way to work to get things sorted to run as smooth as possible .

But had great fun last night though .
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

TORA Race Number : 245
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Mon 25 May 2015 - 9:38

LMR Deftone MX wrote:As far as I have gathered, the top three times from yesterday's session in each class are -

GT3

GT4

Any idea of there times ?
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

TORA Race Number : 245
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 25 May 2015 - 9:59

CreamyTastey wrote:

GT3

GT4

Collin GT3 was really close in our lobby!! Smile

Smithy did a 1:31:1
I did a 1:31:2
And PTG Mesasphere did a 1:31:3 in the end
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 25 May 2015 - 10:01

Oh wow nice one!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next