TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2

+2
Ax4x Mikey J
AMR of the Apex
6 posters

Go down

The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 Empty The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2

Post by AMR of the Apex Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:39

The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 Toraou11
Presenting: N.A.F.F.Car Season II

PLOW Tubbi (NAFFCar Season 1 Champion) wrote:Mikey followed on from a format conceived in real life racing and did a damned fine job of twisting the forza platform to best suit the flavour and essence of the original real life racing.

The car choices were picked to offer the same usual fairness, and I must admit to picking a car deliberately to have fun in, I had no idea (the series) would be so competitive. After the first meeting was said and done and realising the quite large turn out for the event I decided that a more competitive car was needed as I had it on good authority that this was now going to turn into a RACE.

It is always so enjoyable when other drivers really get stuck in to the championship, tuning the cars to within an inch of their lives and practising most nights honing the skills needed for that track. It really was all put to the test.

I was not expecting to win the championship as my chosen car was not as suited as the others to do the things I was asking it to do, the tuning went into overtime.

If a championship and all its regulations are in place and suit the majority of drivers then to quote Field of Dreams 'they will come'.

It's very difficult to back an event on Forza in my current situation as "an outsider" of all things xbox, as well as being "The Outsider" for TORA.

"Nothing But Grass-roots" that was an influence behind the crazy idea I had a couple of years ago, and reflects the way TORA and most Forza league racers have been doing things since Turn 10 made this game 10 years ago, you buy your car, you turn it into something to go racing with.

The first influence was Flying Mikey J's first TORA LeMons, I was part of the live-stream commentary team (which has magically disappeared from the TORA Twitch webpage). Seeing how many people were keen to drive something that isn't a multi-million "Cr." Prototype Le Mans winner, or a loophole breaking touring car. I practically "gifted" Mikey this car list for the first season, based on simplicity:

Naturally Aspirated engines, so you couldn't add a turbo/super charger.

Front Wheel Drive, so you couldn't change it into a rear or four wheel drive machine.

Cars that are originally on the Forza 4 game, and not added later as DLC, therefore everyone who's got the game, from the TORA Veteran to a complete newcomer, can take part.

The cars must not cost more than 9000cr. And aside from the tight restrictions on Aspiration of the engine and not being able to convert the cars to a better performance of drive type, you're still allowed to tune the car, so long as the engine doesn't put out more than 200 brake horse power, doesn't weigh less than 2100 pounds, and doesn't crack out more than 393 performance index points, therefore making it challenging for forza fluent engineers, as well as being cheap, and cheerful.

This left 16 cars, 8 manufacturers, with the majority being Honda built, and a healthy amount of Volkswagens to have yourself the kind of rivalry you'd expect between the fans of both Marques. All of them very "Club Level" or "Grass-roots", and over 10 years old, almost as if they've lived their lives out in the hands of careful owners racking in the numbers on the mileometer/odometer, broken down in the middle of nowhere and had to be towed away, rescued from the scrapyard by your good selves, given a race roll-cage, given a lick of Motorsport paint, and sacrificed to the Motorsport gods in a high speed Viking burial. Maybe you've still got your '92 Golf from the TORA MSA V.A.G. Trophy and still think there's some mileage left in it before it goes kaput.

I'm glad to see this series go into another season, with a few tweaks to the schedule and race format that I was originally concerned about, but realise they make the competition even closer than the inaugural series. To say the first series worked is an understatement.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 Empty Re: The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 0:57

Thank you AMR Garage for that fine intro Smile

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 Empty Re: The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 5:33

Calendar will be up very soon... expect the unexpected.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 10:07

Would love to do this but it starts too late Sad

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by connor7195 Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 10:29

Would love to do this but its too early, suppose if its one lobby i could miss qualy and start at the back
connor7195
connor7195

TORA Race Number : 390
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 22:54

tracklist will be available after tomorrows v8

The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 FhLgkmbThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 077IBN6The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 0EbqKLfThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 TIKvgu9The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 BsKaTuIThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 011yyQsThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 QrHCpTqThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 D5xW1wEThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 UHEDOcSThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 UHiTeKiThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 G3gvaj1The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 Bursm510The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 M67UdD4The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 H0YvYbTThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 JL5CO8c

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Sat 8 Aug 2015 - 19:01

when the [Censored] does it start at?

A lobby Backmarker
Standard Fat guy
Pendulum tuning Garage Drivet

1st 4X TORA TCC Privateer, TORA Big rigs privateer, TORA AM IRON privateer ACCR LMP PRO, GT3, GTO & Touring masters.
PTG DTCC Drivers and privateer winner Season 2
2nd V8 Supercars, TCC 2022, PTG DTCC Drivers title
( Also double OMA TCC Privateer and team hard champion...but...yanno...wooden spoon things)
( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)
The TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 PbNPSDnThe TORA Outsider Presents: TCR N.A.F.F.Car Season 2 PNUZuSu
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 8 Aug 2015 - 19:19

10PM BST on Fridays, starting August 28th.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down