TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

WIX Racing TCC General Discussion

+58
JSR Type Ry
HCR Hamish
xSimonLee
CQR Rich
F4H Button
xVampirAx
connor7195
SilverSpoonMKII
TechnologicMau5
S1lentRaven.
BaronGreenbacke
SC22Raptor
I Ray P Dave I
PTG Chungus
JAMIE ANDERS0N
HCR Skodaboie
JVanEssen
bearboy54
ATP Wheelwash
LMR Deftone MX
JIM TacticaL365
TLR Scrublord
TJSteel
CQR MAGiC
CQR CHRiS
SFM Benedict
PzR Slim
CQR NEON
BMMC Bandicoot
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR Karma
TFR Magic
skyshadow5
Fazed Intro
JimmySey23
hilli182
BigBen13x
ShrinkingSteven
Ax4x Mikey J
PLOW tubbi
ii EJS ii
LMR DarthMario
Standaman94
LMR Hybrid
Blueboy1975
Speed Dem0n 64
DSRL Webbers88
DDM Driv3
STR stug77
jonnotheone
xebot360
DonatedSatyr227
FSR Groves
SVR Solar
LMP Dragon
Ax4x Bandit
AdamWatson99
Matt
62 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC General Discussion

Post by SVR Solar Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 1:31

My Lobby was up and set by 19:45 and ivnited everyone in everyone that i was told 2 invited was in, but then other people kept jumping in and then a last minute person turned up so meh idunno, i thought i did the best i could even did a 2nd Lobby for someone else who messed up his Car and stuff so meh.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

WIX Racing TCC General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC General Discussion

Post by JVanEssen Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 3:34

The staff was fantastic. I had someone in my qually lobby with a connection so bad it was messing with the whole lobby. They were gracious and got myself and a few others the chance to run a quick session to get a dew clean laps. Tj steel and solar were concise and clear with what they wanted us to do. My only gripe is not with TORA. This is an "online" race series. Which means you should have the capability of being "online". It gets tiresome when the same people show up every week with the same terrible connection the longest parts of the evening are just trying to get weak connections made or pick up laggers. You need a quick ping and fast upload. Most internet providers will increase your upload for less that $5 a month. If you love online racing i think it is a small investment to make your own and everyone elses evening that much more enjoyable.
JVanEssen
JVanEssen

TORA Race Number : 661
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2014-01-21

http://metaskate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 7:59

I agree with tj and the others in regards to lobby's and signing in/up on time and in a reasonable fashion. I mean come on guys it's not like we don't have an excellent website/forum to check all the latest information on the race series running eg changes to cars start times etc. I still can't quite belive people were turning up with a banned car even though this was announced at least a week if not two weeks before the championship started! (Feel free to correct me) as some of you may be aware I'm a new driver to this championship but overall I enjoyed the experience on Tuesday night the staff explained everything clearly and I had no issues at all had a great battle in race one with two other toyotas and towards the end with jenson09 and same again with jenson09 in the second race loved the close racing

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PzR Slim Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 8:04

If people can't sign in on time or turn up on time then they shouldn't expect to race. I know how difficult it is to organise events such as these and people who don't bother to organise themselves show a complete disregard for those people who are giving their time to organise the events.

Just another suggestion in terms of driving behaviour. I run with a group on PCars on PC and before you are allowed to enter comps you need to take part in a weekly one hour training session which consists of three random races lasting 10 minutes a time. The sessions are led by two instructors who explain start and race procedures whilst also checking driving standards and etiquette as well as making sure peoples comms etiquette is correct. Only when the instructors are happy that someone is of an acceptable level are they allowed to race in comps. It's not about how fast they are, you don't need to be quick to race you just need to prove you understand the rules, race in the correct manner and don't abuse the comms. I realise it is extra work for you but there could be multiple instructors who rotate the training duties. And competitors would only be handed their race number if the instructors thought they were ready.

It works fantastically in the PCars group I race with and you end up with a large group of educated racers who you know are there for the right reasons and know you can trust them all on track.

And just to add that I am more than happy to help you guys out in anyway I can.

PzR Slim

TORA Race Number : 793
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 9:05

I would be happy to be an instructor / tester, putting drovers in battle situations etc
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 9:54

PLOW tubbi wrote:I would be happy to be an instructor / tester, putting drovers in battle situations etc

You gonna teach them the definition of racing room?
Leave them literally a car width between you and the grass?
Need more racing as close as that Smile
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 9:59

Wtf man, a car width is generous, half a car mate 😊
Or leave a car and a half to tempt them to lunge, that is if I can get the back end of my civic to behave.
I'd have won a drift championship with my races the other night, both me and Chris were struggling and at one point both sideways round the hair pin inches apart.
Was exciting but found I couldn't really be competitive.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 11:08

PLOW tubbi wrote:Wtf man, a car width is generous, half a car mate 😊
Or leave a car and a half to tempt them to lunge, that is if I can get the back end of my civic to behave.
I'd have won a drift championship with my races the other night, both me and Chris were struggling and at one point both sideways round the hair pin inches apart.

i made sure the 2nd time there was a civic sized gap Twisted Evil
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 13:00

If there were extra points for drifting... Me and my BM would've trounced it, we couldn't behave at all
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 13:27

Is there a results and standings (drivers and teams) spreadsheet available to view anywhere? I can only find the Registration List and Live Timing sheets. Cheers
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2014-12-29

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 13:36

HCR TJSteel wrote:
PLOW tubbi wrote:I would be happy to be an instructor / tester, putting drovers in battle situations etc

You gonna teach them the definition of racing room?
Leave them literally a car width between you and the grass?
Need more racing as close as that Smile
Half a cars width will do it Razz

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 14:24

CQR NEON wrote:

i made sure the 2nd time there was a civic sized gap Twisted Evil

If you can win the space I'll respect you, if you decide to punt or bomb dive I'll crash you or us both.
Sometimes I may turn in on you when you've won the corner, if this happens please excuse me, I drive above and behind coz I'm old and still stuck in the outrun days but bring a good battle on, win or lose I love it mate.
Now if I can just get my civic to behave that would be great, it wasn't too bad considering I got into the car for the first time an hour before qually with no tune due to a very late car change. Quite the A team music with a ten minute tune and massive moss to the vinyls to carry it onto the civic from the Toyota
The most frantic hour of my life I can tell ya
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 16:09

CQR CHRiS wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:Im pretty sure Skype on the Xbox doesn't do more than parties currently hold and isn't logistical to add that to the host duties for multi lobby events.

Skype does 24 in a Xbox chat if the person who is hosting the call starts it on a PC not a Xbox, from Xbox I think it's only 4. But then it's just a nightmare to make sure everyone is added on that lol.

this would be a Nightmare to get everyone into the Skype Call, as literally TORA would have to make a new Section for everyone to put there Skype Names in, or maybe TORA Can make a few Skype Accounts what the Hosts can use and everyone adds them, but this would be alot of Mither and some people will be to Lazy to do this haha Razz
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 17:32

HCR Solar wrote:
CQR CHRiS wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:Im pretty sure Skype on the Xbox doesn't do more than parties currently hold and isn't logistical to add that to the host duties for multi lobby events.

Skype does 24 in a Xbox chat if the person who is hosting the call starts it on a PC not a Xbox, from Xbox I think it's only 4. But then it's just a nightmare to make sure everyone is added on that lol.

this would be a Nightmare to get everyone into the Skype Call, as literally TORA would have to make a new Section for everyone to put there Skype Names in, or maybe TORA Can make a few Skype Accounts what the Hosts can use and everyone adds them, but this would be alot of Mither and some people will be to Lazy to do this haha Razz

What about teamspeak as thats available on the mobile and PC, similar to skype.
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

TORA Race Number : 41
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 18:08

Doesnt TORA have to pay for there own Server though and password it so we dont get dicks jumping in though? :/
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR CHRiS Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 18:37

Also no one is racing on PC so team speak is not viable for the platform.
CQR CHRiS
CQR CHRiS

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 18:50

HCR Solar wrote:Doesnt TORA have to pay for there own Server though and password it so we dont get dicks jumping in though? :/

It can easily be done and there is no log through the xbox for having 2 apps open at the same time

CQR CHRiS wrote:Also no one is racing on PC so team speak is not viable for the platform.

But a 24 man skype call will have to be started on a PC, so the same applies. Plus, as i have already stated, it is free to a mobile devide so all that is needed is phone signal. It is still an alternative
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR CHRiS Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:03

The problem is Skype needs ONE host on a PC to have 24 Xbox players as it is a Xbox app. Team speak requires a PC or mobile app then take into account how would people use turtle beach etc for Xbox sound and another headset at same time for team speak lol.
CQR CHRiS
CQR CHRiS

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:10

Someone could use the in-ear headphones under the turtle beach headset.  Thats the setup I used to have and I had no problems with it.  Now I use Astro headset with the mixamp to connect both PC and Xbox in one headset.

But then again, maybe I am trying to hard too come up with a solution to a problem
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:17

CQR CHRiS wrote:The problem is Skype needs ONE host on a PC to have 24 Xbox players as it is a Xbox app. Team speak requires a PC or mobile app then take into account how would people use turtle beach etc for Xbox sound and another headset at same time for team speak lol.

Each host should have a pc/laptop for live timing anyway so if you can connect that way it could be possible. just the host will have to call them self from the pc/laptop to xbox so can still use the xbox headset
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR CHRiS Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:22

You do realise how much lag would be introduced with the added bandwidth being used for 24 players on team speak server?

Stepping to a PC chat isn't a viable option as it over complicates and not to mention some people don't have a PC or a mobile capable of speeds quick enough. Skype is the common sense solution as it is on everyone's Xbox but even then I don't know the limit for friends on that.

The update is out now so all any one can do is trial it and see if anything improves if not then so be it, maybe Xbox One wont a suitable platform for racing. jocolor jocolor
CQR CHRiS
CQR CHRiS

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 21:21

I am ok to marshall as i have a good connection now.

and to step in on this little icle thing stay with lobby chat and/or then move onto making skype call but via computer/phone/tablet thingy
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 21:47

I am far too old to skype etc, I have enough trouble putting my electric tooth brush on in the morning.

A more simple option available?

Is the xbone update a good one or just the usual tutt
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Thu 12 Nov 2015 - 21:56

It may be my own wishful thinking, but I think I could hear more people today after the update than I could previously.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hilli182 Fri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:32

I wasn't in the first race so didn't see the problems first hand, but from reading this why are some wanting to over complicate things by adding skype and pc's etc etc, just keep it simple with the party chat in the lobby and if its too much to handle reduce the amount of cars in a race,

its been a while since I raced but back on fm4 it was more than fun with 12 cars in a race, so if 24 is proving too many reduce it to say 16 and see how it goes.

I'm no technical whizz kid by any stretch of the imagination but if I'm on forza and the mrs and kids are watching netflix at the same time, surely adding a 24 man skype conversation is only going to make things worse?

Looking forward to getting back to tora at lime rock though Very Happy

hilli182
hilli182

TORA Race Number : 182
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next