TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion

+14
Rikki Coxon
bearboy54
DOVER78
SGR Amber
ASQ BerpDator
PLOW tubbi
F4H Button
TJSteel
LloydTheAndroid
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR MAGiC
ii EJS ii
connor7195
BigBen13x
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion Empty WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion

Post by BigBen13x Tue 15 Dec 2015 - 14:09

Round Four- Silverstone National - January 5, 2016
Welcome to the fourth round of WIX Racing TCC! This week we headed down to the UK to the Silverstone National Circuit.  Silverstone is of course one of the premiere places to race in the UK.  Born out of an old RAF base, Silverstone has been hosting motorsports of some kind since 1947.  While the National Circuit is about 2 miles shorter than the full circuit, it still produces some great racing.  Please be advised that there will be some rain rolling into the Silverstone area this race will be in the rain.  

Qualifying - This will be the typical "6 laps and out" qualifying.  Drivers will have 1 warm-up laps, 4 flying laps, and 1 cool down lap during which drivers will park on Turn 1 (Copse) were lobby hosts will collect times.  Remember that drivers should be/appear online 15 minutes prior to qualifying start, and should keep in-lobby chat to a minimal.  

Race - There will be two races in an evening, and each will last around 25 minutes.  For Silverstone National, that will be 22 laps.  Race One will form up on the grid in the order in which the competitors qualified.  Race Two will form up on the grid in the order in which the competitors finished Race One.  There will be no mandatory pit stops during the races, but the pits will be open if your car becomes damaged.  If this does happen, drivers are reminded that Silverstone National's pit exits right on to the racing line so they will need to call their pit outs very far in advance.   

NOTE: We have returned to the typical TCC standing starts.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion

Post by BigBen13x Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 16:28

Updated the OP a bit.

Note: We have had a look at the builds during the holiday break, and as I feel like the conflicting results during testing warrants more changes in the builds than what we can do at this time in good taste. I have come to the conclusion that we will finish the rest of the series with the builds as they are currently. I encourage that the drivers that are struggling with the BMW reach out to some of the faster guys for tuning help for the rest of the series.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC - Round Four (Silverstone National) Drivers Briefing/Discussion

Post by connor7195 Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 8:28

I shall not be joining you guys for Silverstone unfortunately, work calls
connor7195
connor7195

TORA Race Number : 390
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ii EJS ii Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 9:28

i'm going to try my hardest to be available for this race, being in the rain i really want to join in, and being my first for a number of races i am really missing the fun of racing, i do however have work early the next morning so may well have to pull off early, but, im hoping to be able to race

ii EJS ii

TORA Race Number : 889
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 12:37

Are qualifying and both races in the wet? Some series I've raced in have different rules (dry qualifying, dry race 1, wet race 2 etc), so just wondering if the conditions are going to be wet throughout for this round.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2014-12-29

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 13:28

Yes, qualifying will be in the wet.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Sun 3 Jan 2016 - 13:53

Thanks Chad Very Happy
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LloydTheAndroid Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 17:35

Im signed in for tonights round but I wont be able to make it so ill use this as my drop round and be back for the next round
LloydTheAndroid
LloydTheAndroid

TORA Race Number : 989
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 17:49

Thanks for the update Lloyd, I've updated your sign in to state that your out for tonight
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:12

Any chance I can sign into tonights race please? I've just gone to sign in but missed it by 9 minutes

F4H Devil #39 - IN Wink
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:35

F4H Devil wrote:Any chance I can sign into tonights race please? I've just gone to sign in but missed it by 9 minutes

F4H Devil #39 - IN Wink

Sorry, Devil, I am afraid that I can't let you in. If I let you in, then I have to let everyone in. You know how it is, right?
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:37

Quick heads up for those racing tonight, a 400MB title update has just gone live for this months car pack, so allow time to download that before qualifying tonight. (If it doesn't appear when you start Forza 6 do a hard console reset, hold power button for 5-10 secs and when you reboot it will force the title update when you start Forza).
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:37

I've just gone to sign in (due to getting home from work in rapid time as a meeting was cancelled) and its closed.
I thought the sign in closed an hour before the race start!!!

Does this mean i'm not racing?
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:39

PLOW tubbi wrote:I've just gone to sign in (due to getting home from work in rapid time as a meeting was cancelled) and its closed.
I thought the sign in closed an hour before the race start!!!

Does this mean i'm not racing?

Yeah, unfortunately not. We went with a two-hour window so that we would have more time to straighten things out on a administrative side. Sorry, Tubbi.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:45

Nice!

I guess me and Tubbi can have our own little race.

Yes, I'd understand, if I'd asked this later than I did but I missed it by 9 minutes and tubbi not far behind that.

Can't say I'm impressed
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:50

Bit more notice of the notice would have been gladly noticed.

Can i suggest in future that when guys are signed up to a championship that a message group is et up along side it.
That way any modifications to the championship would be sent out on pm rather than failing out guys by default.

I quote 'From now on there will be no exceptions, if you can't sign in on time, you don't race. If someone else was supposed to sign you in but forgot, that's still not our fault.

This may sound harsh but think of it this way, if you turned up to an actual race track late, all cars are already setting up on the grid ready to run, do you think they'd let you race? Or do you think it would be fair to all those who did sign in and turn up on time to wait around for you?

You have a whole week to sign in which is way more than enough time to sign in.

This is all very well but in real life if the sign it closure time had changed the teams would have been notified individually not just a notice on an A4 sheet stapled to the pit entrance.

Could I request the decision be overturned for a week pending due notice?
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:52

And considering the amount of evenings spent waiting for other guys to turn up and then in an illegal car and being told to wait for them is kind of frustrating especially considering i'm ALWAYS in the lobby early.

Getting a bit miffed with it all.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:55

well over an hour until qualifying and to turn away racers is not the greatest idea I've heard, especially as we've just had the busiest holiday period of the year. It only takes 30 seconds to add a gamertag to a doc, It took 28 minutes for me to get a response.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:00

First Line of TCC Sign in Thread wrote:Please fill in the below form to sign in. This will be the same doc every week and will automatically open a week before the event and stop accepting entries at 18:00 GMT race day.

We did let everyone know, Tubbi.  I'm sorry that some people missed the sign-in time, but its not like you did not have time to sign-in.  Sign-ins have been opened for at least a week so you had plenty of time.
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ASQ BerpDator Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:08

Who's hosting ?
ASQ BerpDator
ASQ BerpDator

TORA Race Number : 181
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:15

At the very least any amendments could be posted into the same thread that everyone had to originally sign into to enter the championship, this way everyone would get a notification.

If I ran my company this way my family would be sleeping in the street.

I've struggled with tuning, keeping my car out of trouble, avoiding ridiculous manouvers by drivers in front of me crashing into barriers, putting in pratice to get quicker and my reward for this is 5 place in the championship.

Considering the best of talent I'm up against I cant afford a dropped round.

I have the highest regard for TORA hence the fact I've been here for soooo very long, regardless of this I do not have time to trawl all over the site for info on items continually changing. and find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with the decisions being made here.

I am an older fella and am not just having a rant and I apologise it seems this way but come on guys, a bit more common sense would be nice.

I am pondering my withdrawal from the WIX TCC Championship.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:31

As real as it gets......is that how the MSA would do it.

Come back Richy, all is forgiven.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:36

PLOW tubbi wrote:At the very least any amendments could be posted into the same thread that everyone had to originally sign into to enter the championship, this way everyone would get a notification.

If I ran my company this way my family would be sleeping in the street.

I've struggled with tuning, keeping my car out of trouble, avoiding ridiculous manouvers by drivers in front of me crashing into barriers, putting in pratice to get quicker and my reward for this is 5 place in the championship.

Considering the best of talent I'm up against I cant afford a dropped round.

I have the highest regard for TORA hence the fact I've been here for soooo very long, regardless of this I do not have time to trawl all over the site for info on items continually changing. and find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with the decisions being made here.

I am an older fella and am not just having a rant and I apologise it seems this way but come on guys, a bit more common sense would be nice.

I am pondering my withdrawal from the WIX TCC Championship.

I feel for you Tubbi, I mean, I've only just returned to racing at TORA after 6 months or so away and thought I'd sign up to the mighty TCC, I've only done 1 round so far and i...well...lets say I'm not jumping for joy at the decision that I now have to miss another round because I was 9 minutes late, when I thought i'd still got 51 minutes to go, so how you must be feeling right now, when you made every round so far.....hmmmmm

common sense would be good, even if it was just tubbi allowed, seeing as he's more involved than me.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:38

Devil....you got battlefield....lets go
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:39

OH and I ALWAYS make every round of anything I enter..... or.....I dont enter!
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next