TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Lap Times  - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Lap Times

+37
TLR Scrublord
LMR DarthMario
Om3ga73
HCR generaltso
TLP STaLLiOnO
TRUEbk FFT
Fazed Intro
CQR Aero
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Diablo 29x
Joito04
HCR Bellmond
RW26 BLAZE
exp1osive sam
SVR Solar
nickyf1
Ax4x Broomz
Scav3nger
MaynardMK4
ART Carrera
LMR BlackHawk
SGR Amber
xebot360
theboomeranga
LMR Hybrid
WRA JoeVIR
PTG Chungus
DDM Driv3
xVampirAx
IBlueIJaBBRexI
LRT Dan
Matt
LZR Harmonic
LMR Sahara
Simply Law
ShrinkingSteven
LMR Deftone MX
41 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Lap Times  - Page 6 Empty Re: Lap Times

Post by SVR Solar Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 17:48

well Meh, i guess us guys, who wont pick it cause everyone else does will just be slacking behind haha Razz
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 18:22

LRT Breeze wrote:The Bentley will always be OP with its acceleration.

Never fear.. That comes to an end at Sebring.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 18:38

with something else being OP
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 18:48

I really don't like the term "OP". It ruins what good series racing is about. Choose the car you like, and run it. They'll never be identically paced.

LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 20:20

LMR Deftone MX wrote:I really don't like the term "OP". It ruins what good series racing is about. Choose the car you like, and run it. They'll never be identically paced.

I like the term OP, it identifies a car thats overpowered. And that Bentley will be at most not just Sebring. They never will be identical no, and lap times isnt always a good way of balancing. The Bentley could be 4 tenths a lap slower but be a better race car, hence its acceleration is OP.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

TORA Race Number : 855
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 22:35

LRT Breeze wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:I really don't like the term "OP". It ruins what good series racing is about. Choose the car you like, and run it. They'll never be identically paced.

I like the term OP, it identifies a car thats overpowered. And that Bentley will be at most not just Sebring.  They never will be identical no, and lap times isnt always a good way of balancing. The Bentley could be 4 tenths a lap slower but be a better race car, hence its acceleration is OP.

I've done a 43.5 in the Viper despite its lackluster acceleration. The 458 did a 43.3 for me, and it smokes the Bentley on exits. Are those OP too or what?

It's also funny that you'd call the car that you're running OP...
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 22:42

Meanwhile at Nissan...
Hehe but then again that's simply to make up for fuel consumption, so I'd expect it to be a little down over the race, if not on par. Just such a fun car to drive Very Happy
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 23:19

LMR Harmonic wrote:
LRT Breeze wrote:

I like the term OP, it identifies a car thats overpowered. And that Bentley will be at most not just Sebring.  They never will be identical no, and lap times isnt always a good way of balancing. The Bentley could be 4 tenths a lap slower but be a better race car, hence its acceleration is OP.

I've done a 43.5 in the Viper despite its lackluster acceleration. The 458 did a 43.3 for me, and it smokes the Bentley on exits. Are those OP too or what?

It's also funny that you'd call the car that you're running OP...

I dont care if its my car or someone elses, if the car is OP in my opinion, ill say it. I'm talking in general the Bentley is an OP car, i didnt mention Daytona. And if a car gets better lap times and is also the better race car i'd say thats the OP one, not the other 2 that can get close but not quite there.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 23:29

Keep in mind I did those times in GT fresh out of driving Can Am cars and the Rebellion. If I'm that close to the fastest known pace in a non-OP car while beating the Bentley in the infield, then I think the cars are fine. I'm still surprised you're sticking with the car you claim is overpowered from how much you talk about a similar issue on another forum, but I digress.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 23:36

LMR Harmonic wrote:Keep in mind I did those times in GT fresh out of driving Can Am cars and the Rebellion. If I'm that close to the fastest known pace in a non-OP car while beating the Bentley in the infield, then I think the cars are fine. I'm still surprised you're sticking with the car you claim is overpowered from how much you talk about a similar issue on another forum, but I digress.

Different builds on different tracks. I also pick for my 4 other drivers. Cars will vary for different reasons. The cars are fine , as i said in this thread they are nice. But there will always be an OP car. I've not once said to change or that its a major issue, dont take it as an attack on the car builds, They are as close as they can.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 23:53

To lay the cards on the table, we did what we could at a track with a high demand of top speed (which the Bentley lacks) to keep it at full power. At Sebring we will have no choice but to power handicap it, among other adjustments to the spec. Of course this is race by race, so nobody is held to it.

Let's just put the "OP" term to rest. It's misinforming and 9 times out of 10, used far out of context.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Sahara Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 0:07

Poop
LMR Sahara
LMR Sahara

TORA Race Number : 195
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 14:58

Bentley is a league ahead around here when you consider lap times and pit stops. It's by far the best car for GT.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:21

F4H Chrisupra wrote:Bentley is a league ahead around here when you consider lap times and pit stops. It's by far the best car for GT.

Not true. It's the hardest car to tune, there are cars that are only a tenth or two off with better fuel mileage, and the 458 can actually beat the Bentley on this track. If this keeps coming up, we might as well remove the Bentley so everyone just shuts the hell up. Drive what you want to drive, and if someone has to big of an ego to drive a certain car and they don't win as a result, that's on them.

Let's drop this stupid discussion on the cars - the same people saying they were balanced well are crying about OP cars now. It's too late to change builds, and you have another day to change cars if you want. Now, back to the thread's topic.

1:29.3 in the Rebellion.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:29

LMR Harmonic wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:Bentley is a league ahead around here when you consider lap times and pit stops. It's by far the best car for GT.

Not true. It's the hardest car to tune, there are cars that are only a tenth or two off with better fuel mileage, and the 458 can actually beat the Bentley on this track. If this keeps coming up, we might as well remove the Bentley so everyone just shuts the hell up. Drive what you want to drive, and if someone has to big of an ego to drive a certain car and they don't win as a result, that's on them.

Let's drop this stupid discussion on the cars - the same people saying they were balanced well are crying about OP cars now. It's too late to change builds, and you have another day to change cars if you want. Now, back to the thread's topic.

Ferrari? But it does an extra pit stop.

Don't appreciate your attitude or how you respond. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Flat 30 in the Audi!
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:34

LMR Harmonic wrote:

Sorry about talking about a topic that could come into play... Dont take it so personal.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:01

This is a lap time thread. If you want to complain, go to an appropriate thread, or take it to social media like you always do. For the last time, stay on topic and quit adding fuel to the fire. Lap time threads have been locked before, and I'd rather not see it again due to someone's misguided ego trip.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:03

LMR Harmonic wrote:This is a lap time thread. If you want to complain, go to an appropriate thread, or take it to social media like you always do. For the last time, stay on topic and quit adding fuel to the fire. Lap time threads have been locked before, and I'd rather not see it again due to someone's misguided ego trip.

Ego trip? Social media like I always do? What?!? Is this directed at me?
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:10

I'll leave my comments for the appropriate thread outside of this.

Thank you for your time.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:16

Alright let's just leave this. Staff are looking into a simple solution (thanks for putting it forward Chris), so no need for any further hurt feelings.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:36

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:

Ferrari? But it does an extra pit stop.

Don't appreciate your attitude or how you respond. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Flat 30 in the Audi!

We're open to suggestions, such as forcing an extra pit stop, but crying OP and flaring up an argument warrants at the LEAST my negative attitude towards those that are negatively contributing to the thread.

1:29.4 in the R18
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:36

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:This is a lap time thread. If you want to complain, go to an appropriate thread, or take it to social media like you always do. For the last time, stay on topic and quit adding fuel to the fire. Lap time threads have been locked before, and I'd rather not see it again due to someone's misguided ego trip.

Ego trip? Social media like I always do? What?!? Is this directed at me?

No.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 18:57

LMR Deftone MX wrote:Alright let's just leave this. Staff are looking into a simple solution (thanks for putting it forward Chris), so no need for any further hurt feelings.

Maybe you should listen to that instead of taking sly digs Harmonic. 43 in all GT now anyway, and 44s in nearly all but 2 at night.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 19:32

LRT Breeze wrote:
LMR Deftone MX wrote:Alright let's just leave this. Staff are looking into a simple solution (thanks for putting it forward Chris), so no need for any further hurt feelings.

Maybe you should listen to that instead of taking sly digs Harmonic. 43 in all GT now anyway, and 44s in nearly all but 2 at night.

The irony is so thick here that I could cut it with a knife. I'm biting my tongue hard enough to make it bleed just to maintain civility here. You got your 4 pit stop mandate - that should be enough.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 19:59

well may i say i cant tune the Bentley or drive it for [Censored], and yet i hear everyone using TCS in most of the Bentleys or the SLS's and im quicker in them without TCS, 44.0 in the SLS quickest ive gone, 44.4 in the Dodge Viper, yeah im not as quick as you guys, but yano Razz
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next