TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion

+10
BTMX Slane
desertrainfrog
Matt
AdamWatson99
JIM TacticaL365
HCR Super T
Ax4x Mikey J
MaynardMK4
Ax4x Bandit
CRA XenoMorph
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:13

See my post from yesterday evening.

desertrainfrog wrote:Alright, so the current weather forecast for tomorrow (according to AccuWeather) says that it's going to be cloudy with an increasing chance of showers or even thunderstorm over the day.

This should definitely become an interesting opener Wink

desertrainfrog

TORA Race Number : 512
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA Spec Cup Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 13:32

desertrainfrog wrote:When entering the pits you should usually get a little menu, allowing you to edit your current pit strategy, to view and select one of your already existing strategies or to swap the driver (which is an option we don't need in this series ^^).

Depending on the settings made in the strategy you selected, it can leave your car completely unserviced. Even if your car is close to being an entire wreck.

I recommend to set up a few strategies in a Quick Race Weekend during a practice session where you start from the pits. (e.g. tires only, fuel only, repairs only or full service)

Selecting the right pit strategy during a multiplayer race is much easier then (and costs less time of course ^^), since you can simply choose one of your existing setups when getting the pit prompt and confirm the strategy by selecting "close".
Your pit crew will first start servicing when you closed the pit prompt.
The only decision your crew is sometimes making themselves is automatically installing intermediate/wet tires in case you entered the pits with soft, medium or hard tires in a wet race. But sometimes they even don't do that, so make sure that you have a fitting strategy at hand in case the track conditions change (which is very likely to happen in this series Wink )

If you don't get a menu when entering the pits, try it again by announcing/requesting your pit stop before entering the pit lane next time.

EDIT: I found out since default settings are forced on, all of you will start with the same pit strategy and you will only be able to change it while parked in the pit lane/when entering the pits during qualifying or when entering the pits during the race(fuel, tire compound, tire pressure, repairs).

Default settings means:
  • Tire compound and pressure automatically set depending on the weather conditions
  • Fuel will be more than enough to finish
  • Everything except brakes will be automatically repaired if damaged (might take longer than a normal pit stop based on the severity of your damage)

I'm sorry if my previous post caused any inconveniences, but just because I'm german doesn't mean I'm always right or know everything ;D

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:06

so I did a quick run in a private lobby just 10 laps set to the setting and I requested pit lap 5 all that it did was change me tyre pressure and went back out on same tyres
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

TORA Race Number : 365
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:40

So, you're saying that there was no pit stop menu? Or that your pit strategy hasn't been applied?

Did the track conditions change between the start of your race and your pit stop?

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 16:44

desertrainfrog wrote:So, you're saying that there was no pit stop menu? Or that your pit strategy hasn't been applied?

Did the track conditions change between the start of your race and your pit stop?
no menu come up and im not sure about the weather change as I said Pcars noob here will look more at it later before tonights qually
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 16:50

Ok, now that you mention it...with default tuning forced on your crew will do everything simultanously. If your car is damaged they'll repair it and if the track conditions change they will adjust your tire pressure or compound accordingly.

Totally forgot when we were testing the tracks that we also couldn't set anything.
I'm sorry, that's totally on me Shocked Embarassed

I'll remain silent for now except for a organisational messages ^^'

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Wed 13 Apr 2016 - 20:34

Thanks Desert for stepping in for me Cheers

Hopefully my eye infection will be gone soon pirat
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 13:45

On the registration one of the question is " I understand default liveries and how the selection works: No " . I cant find any information though on the rules for paints or a list that shows paints that have been taken so far . Am i missing something ?
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

TORA Race Number : 245
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 15:57

No there's no list of who has chosen what. When I signed up i just looked through registration page to make sure no one had the same one.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 16:35

BTMX Slane wrote:No there's no list of who has chosen what. When I signed up i just looked through registration page to make sure no one had the same one.

cool thanks . its what i ended up doing
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

TORA Race Number : 245
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BR m33pm33p Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 17:46

Do we know what's going on for silverstone regarding weather?
BR m33pm33p
BR m33pm33p

TORA Race Number : 815
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-02-26

http://M33pm33p3r3.wix.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 18:56

Dry I think, but that's not official just by my reckoning.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 6:16

Looks like we have a dry race with some clouds Wink
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Wed 27 Apr 2016 - 12:50

For tonights race on Sonoma it looks like we will have a dry race with some clouds Wink
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 27 Apr 2016 - 23:15

FYI: A little update of the rules and regulations has been released.
It includes an updated scoring system and the desired behaviour when a driver is "Retiring to the pitbox" during a race.

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by BR m33pm33p Fri 29 Apr 2016 - 23:37

Can I just ask. What track is Green He'll?
BR m33pm33p
BR m33pm33p

TORA Race Number : 815
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-02-26

http://M33pm33p3r3.wix.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Fri 29 Apr 2016 - 23:52

the ring ^^
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sat 30 Apr 2016 - 8:24

I never even looked that far ahead lol.

So that's 60 mins racing on the full ring?
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Sun 1 May 2016 - 14:49

The Nordschleife, yes.
The 24h Layout is unfortunately not available in PCARS Sad Wink

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Wed 4 May 2016 - 20:55

Isn't there any live timing or qualifying results thread for this Ginetta Spec Cup series?
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 4 May 2016 - 22:49

A live timing is available in the docs but since our meetings never exceeded one lobby so far and with the results and overall standings being shared in the race/standings thread after the session we didn't see a real demand for that. You are the first one asking for that ^^

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Mon 9 May 2016 - 17:45

Look provisional results and standings from last week are up... now! 🤔
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Mon 9 May 2016 - 18:11

AnonCaliga wrote:Look provisional results and standings from last week are up... now! 🤔

Question

Sorry, but I don't get what you want to say with that ^^'

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Mon 9 May 2016 - 19:03

They results will be updated asap guys, having internet troubles here, again..

Sorry for the delay Embarassed
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Mon 9 May 2016 - 21:28

AnonCaliga wrote:Look provisional results and standings from last week are up... now! 🤔

Ahh...now I see what you meant there. Didn't see the "...last week..." the first time I read it Very Happy
Well, no matter if you meant it sarcastically, ironically or whateverly...for somebody watching from the fence you are acting quite nitpicky in my opinion. Wink

Anyway...the results are updated, I'm going to upload a new screenshot of the results to the discussion of round 4 right now and I'd like to excuse any inconveniences caused by the sheets not being up to date in the name of CRA.

Hope to see you all again on Wednesday Smile

PS: The series registration and race day sign up is still open, so feel free to join. Even if the championships are (a bit) far away now with four of six races already completed, the remaining races are worth it anyway ^^

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next