TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion

+5
Roboduck
skyshadow5
Richy59
BAM Leigh
Ax4x Chaddy
9 posters

Go down

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  Empty WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 18:35

Round One - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 28th June 2016

Welcome to the first round of WIX Racing TCC!  This week we are at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, an obvious place to start a Touring Car Series.  The Brands Hatch circuit is home to many forms of motorsports and owes to its origins to a group of cyclists who wanted to practice for cycling races in the fields of the Brands Hatch Farm.

Qualifying - This will be the typical "6 laps and out" qualifying.  Drivers will have 1 warm-up laps, 4 flying laps, and 1 cool down lap during which drivers will park on Turn 1 (Paddock Hill Bend) were lobby hosts will collect times.  Remember that drivers should be/appear online 15 minutes prior to qualifying start.  

Race - There will be two races in an evening, and each will last around 25 minutes.  For Brands Hatch Indy, that will be 27 laps.  Race One will form up on the grid in the order in which the competitors qualified.  Race Two will form up on the grid in the order in which the competitors finished Race One.  There will be no mandatory pit stops during the races, but the pits will be open if your car becomes damaged.  If drivers do need to enter the pits, please remember that there is a pit of a chicane going into the pit lane.  

To sign-in for the race, please use the sign-in form that you can find here:
http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t16944-wix-racing-tcc-race-sign-in-live-timing
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion

Post by BAM Leigh Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 20:22

Lmr hybrid did not give the honda a 5% grip handy cap! Even after i told him 2 times

BAM Leigh

TORA Race Number : 519
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2015-09-29

Back to top Go down

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  Empty Re: WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 20:26

Couldn't connect, can't connect to anything forza related either Sad Open nat, resets done, hopefully can try connect to the race

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 21:02

Think Ive fixed it, fingers crossed

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 21:04

Why are we 19 in a lobby?? Make 4 lobbies of 15 then we can use party chat, we already know game chat is sh1te???
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboduck Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 21:16

I'm guessing there is a problem as I haven't had my race invite yet.
Roboduck
Roboduck

Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboduck Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 21:48

Just seen lobby 1 race 1 results entered in live timing so I guess my invite to lobby 3 didn't arrive. Hopefully better luck next round.
Roboduck
Roboduck

Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCCR Rabidus Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 22:55

Garbage lobby setup don't think my team will continue this series due to non rational thinking hosts 16 driver lobbies should be Max guess I'll wait to see what is done for next round

HCCR Rabidus

TORA Race Number : 157
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 23:42

I had a pretty rubbish night, couldn't keep consistent with the wheel and eventually turned it off half way through race 2 and used the controller. Much more consistency and speed, think I'll be keeping away from the wheel on Forza.

I'm not very well versed with the lobby system in this game, but it was noticeable that over 16 players and some people couldn't be heard, which is required for this grid system.

However, well done to LMP The Lad, kept the lobby going and had the courtesy to wait and try a few times to get some disconnected people in for the racing. Race 2 went pretty smoothly, I apologize if I was a mobile chicane for the most part Razz

Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 6:27

Dizzy as far as I'm aware the Honda does not have a grip handicap as the tyre widths have been reduced

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 10:20

only 3 lobbies because we only had enough hosts across the grid for 3 lobbies, yes we had 4 qualifying lobbies but after this happens you have to remember that the qualifying hosts aren't evenly spread accross the grid so we have to split it in a way that puts a host in each lobby.

A lobby ran perfectly and personally I don't see why we need game chat, everyone knows the rules, the only thing you need to know is the start time, if that is called out by one person then repeated by whoever heard then this is echoed round everyone.

Personally I'd prefer more people in a lobby and scrap having to chat, it's not needed, the drivers don't talk in real life racing so why do we need to?

Also the honda didn't have a grip handicap, I didn't read every thread but the car list and lobby settings gave no mention of it so therefore it didn't have a handicap.

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  6T7qFVr
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  Zst5M5hWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  HO2y8XFWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  4ytmJViWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  GNpJaim
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  YEKeOxCWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  5JemV3bWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  70LXLscWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  5dgM0tE
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  SEDnkBhWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  JUwEMx8
1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 11:44

I've made this point in the past so I back up TJSTEEL on this....why in the race and quali especially does there have to be any chat? It don't happen in any other form of motorsport if anything after the start time is called there should be radio silence apart from if a restart needs to be called surely?

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 13:58

we could also remove the need for the race start to be called out too.

We can't control the lights but we can run a safety car style start, when chat issues were even worse at the start we did it for V8's and it was flawless. clean start every race.

grid up, leader bunches cars together in final sector, races out of last corner, everyone follow with no overtaking before the line, was awesome. Especially considering the length of the races there is plenty time for everyone to get a shot at making ground

WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  6T7qFVr
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  Zst5M5hWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  HO2y8XFWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  4ytmJViWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  GNpJaim
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  YEKeOxCWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  5JemV3bWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  70LXLscWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  5dgM0tE
WIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  SEDnkBhWIX Racing TCC - Round One (Brands Hatch Indy) - Drivers Briefing/Discussion  JUwEMx8
TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Leigh Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 14:48

Is there a chance of swapping to 5% power for a backwards grid race? Because mainly tracks that are much more straight line speed based the top 3 will never have a chance and they would just be on the defence all race. But if it was backwards grid or at least 10 top reverse grid it will allow everyone to drive to the full and push to make over takes.

BAM Leigh

TORA Race Number : 519
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2015-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 15:17

I didn't set this up but personally I think a tyre handicap over a power handicap would work better. would make the faster guys have to work for it still and they wouldn't then be tortured on the straights.

TJSteel
TJSteel

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 15:22

For sure both would work and both have their own merits but depends largely on the track also

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 17:02

I liked it. Playing defense is fun. As long as you race fair. To me I'm not going to roll over for anyone just because I have a 5% handicap. Like I was basically told in race 2. I will run the inside line n try to do my best to hold my position. I could have been much more aggressive but decided a good finish is better than being taken out. Diving into a corner that's basically a so isn't the best spot for over taking anyway.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 17:16

One thing I've gotta say is I don't appreciate being dictated to...in race two I was taken out and had to pit (5th to 14th) once back on track (in front of the leaders) and put the hammer down trying to get back up the field. One of the top 3 decided that I wasn't racing my own race anymore and started shouting blue flag blue flag.....now I'm sorry but I'm well aware of blue flag rules but I WILL NOT forfeit my own race to let you through had you waited like most other racers you would have gone past on the straight......If your faster fair enough go past but I wouldn't have normally been there and i was fairly fast so sorry if I didn't bow down and move over but like I said if your faster wait untill I can move over safely rather than demanding I move over cause to be fair mate ....It ain't gonna happen.....Thank you

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down