TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion

+34
GTR Widowed
MaynardMK4
DDM Driv3
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
SGR Phloofy
SGR Amber
HCR generaltso
Focusatze
MAB170294
F4H Lotterer
Amarth
HCR Hamish
ShrinkingSteven
F4H Xyloto
andiosterfeld
AMS Hayasa
MID LAND ZETA
desertrainfrog
Dragonsyoung
Vice255
xVampirAx
Joito04
xebot360
TechnologicMau5
HCR Motorhead
SVR Solar
DonatedSatyr227
TJSteel
theboomeranga
LZR Harmonic
Diablo 29x
HCR Bellmond
PTG Chungus
F4H Hakkinen
38 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion

Post by AMS Hayasa Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 17:44

suddenly no need to put a bib
AMS Hayasa
AMS Hayasa

TORA Race Number : 760
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2016-07-21

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion

Post by andiosterfeld Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 19:11

i dont participate as driver, but i could stream if needed
andiosterfeld
andiosterfeld

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 21:50

desertrainfrog wrote:
LMR Harmonic wrote:
desertrainfrog wrote:The final stint at LeMans had full 2 hours of racing!
The Lobby was set to 2:15 because of that. Exactly as stated in the Rules and Regulations thread. Rolling Eyes

You clearly weren't here for Daytona, then. That was the last TEC event I ran here, and despite the rules saying the last stint was 2:15, the A lobby host set it to 2:00.

Try again, bud.

You know that there were three other TEC events in between, right bud? lol!

From the Sebring Rules and Regulations:
Stint 6 will be the same as stints 2-5 with the only difference being a full 2 hour stint, race set to 2hr 30 and still stopping when the timer reaches 30:00

From the Watkins Glen Rules and Regulations (even if we didn't come that far):
Stint 6 will be the same as stints 2-5 with the only difference being a full 2 hour stint, race set to 2hr 15 and still stopping when the timer reaches 15:00

From the LeMans Rules and Regulations:
Stint 12 will be the same as stints 2-11 with the only difference being a full 2 hour stint, race set to 2hr 15 and still stopping when the timer reaches 15:00

What part of "that was the last TEC even I ran" do you not understand? Why would I read rules for an event in which I'm not participating? You're as dense as the morning fog.

desertrainfrog wrote:You need anything more, BUD?  Hilarious
Your forum avatar is starting to fit you more and more.

I'll try to remember that while you're going slower than molasses in winter all the way back in E lobby, you moron.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 22:40

^

Calling someone a "moron" is completely uncalled for LMR Harmonic.
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:03

After News: A Reminder to the Community and a member quitting we still have this kind of conduct day after day. real class from a team member.

I still say keep it at two mandatory stop, no matter what others may need.

Last edited by Dragonsyoung on Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:09; edited 1 time in total
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung

TORA Race Number : 759
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://clubcraracing.fullforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:05

^Maybe if you kept your pets in line, this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

TB1, your comment is completely unnecessary, as no one asked for your input on the matter. He's a big boy, so he can handle it.  It's a race discussion, so let's keep it that way.

Since the last stint is 2:15, 4 stops wil be necessary.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:13

Dragonsyoung wrote:I still say keep it at two mandatory stop, no matter what others may need.  

Oh, so we should do 2 despite EVERY car needing AT LEAST 3 stops? Makes perfect sense.

Why would we stop doing 4 stops when we've done it for EVERY TEC race for the GT class? Leave it to people who have actually tested the cars to make the decision, because you clearly haven't tested.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:24

All right, let's calm down here. Let's see what staff members, like TJ, have to say about the stops, I imagine it will be 4 stops, as to my memory that is what has happened for every TEC event for the GT class. However, this name calling is so uncalled for. We should be able to have civil discussions without getting hostile the minute someone posts a differing opinion. But instead it just keeps escalating. I wasn't going to post anything, but over the past few hours it's gotten under my skin.

Hoping for a good race on Saturday.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:28

The basic number of stops required to make the distance is all that should be mandatory.

Why should rules change from venue to venue because they are different from one to the next.

Kindly keep your thoughts and feelings to your self.
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 23:59

Dragonsyoung wrote:The basic number of stops required to make the distance is all that should be mandatory.

Why should rules change from venue to venue because they are different from one to the next.

I agree, the number of stops should be as minimal as possible for all cars. However, in my experience, the number of stops, or the fuel mileage, generally doesn't change circuit to circuit. If a fuel stint is around 30 minutes, it generally doesn't change too much track to track. I will leave to Staff members to clarify the number of stops.

Kindly keep your thoughts and feelings to your self.

I'm not sure if this was aimed at me. If it is, it makes me quite sad that we can't have a civil discussion on this topic, without me being told in a polite way to shut up.

See you guys on the track.
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 0:31

right so lets just use some Simple Maths here, ive tested the Viper out of the all the cars the most, it does just about 14 laps can maybe Inch 15 with Lifting but am i gonna do that in a Race no. so here goes

14 x 2:02 is gonna be about what 29-30 minutes Roughly, and taking into Consideration we are at Bathurst, crashes are bound to Happen its the nature of the circuit, 4 Pit Stops is what should be at, no way can a car do 2 pit stops and finish the race, i agree with LMR Harmonic in that Respect, but i dont condone his Language used, not sticking up for anyone just my opinion, 4 stops is what should happen if ya not Happy dont Race.

Lemme also add that the Viper has been proven to the most Reliable car for Fuel Mileage out of all the Races.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 1:42

Tin hats at the ready lads, gotta mean its TEC time!
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 1:45

The furthest the Ferrari could get on 3 stops is 1hr 44. So for stints 1-5 the 3stop rule would be fair. However I think there are cars that could make the final stint on the 3 stops which is completely unfair on those cars which can't. This is why there needs to be 4 stops in the interest of balancing the cars. The choice of cars for this race is massive, possibly the most I've seen. Would be a shame to discount some of them because of a pit stop each stint.
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 5:44

F4H Xyloto We good it was aimed at your team mate who apparently is have issues discerning what should be posted or not.

"Lifting but am i gonna do that in a Race no." that is fine but do not make me and others do an extra stop because you cant work out how to go the distance on less.

I can make all the cars i tested do 2 stop with the ideal being 3 stops even on 2 hour last stint. Unfair is forcing teams to make an extra stop when not required.

We all agree the minimum number of stop should be mandatory however what that is seems to be down to right foot. We seem to agree 3 stops is ideal for most cars so shall we make it that?

Forcing pit strategy on teams is sad and unsporting givin the format but hell yas removed the multi class aspect so why the hell not turn it into a spec race.

what ever the ruling the spirit of TEC is over for me so Thumbs up fellas.
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 6:32

but it has always been 4 stops because the Audi and Ferrari cannot 3 stop, let alone two stop, that is mechanically impossible...
and how you're making cars run 50 minutes on fuel (because two 50s make 100 min or 1:40hr) is beyond me as I have done hundreds of laps of testing and have only managed 34 minutes in most of the cars unless you're doing a 2:30 minute lap time, every lap, in which case being able to save 40-60sec in 1 pit stop, becomes a waste of fuel saving
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 6:44

Yeah it's 4. Some cars are more constrained on fuel so will need 4 to make it.

Also, let's keep the flame down please. It's boiling in here. Now we know the score, hopefully this ends most of it.

One C is better.

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 1SYCYfD TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 VWFRPRp TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 KXuWtxq TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 NmyjVoU TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 ZxxURAM TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 JgDewLg TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 WLxDUZY TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 5nPqOwA TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 K91JzVY TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 70LXLsc TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 ZZnXNxn TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 JUwEMx8 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarth Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 7:46

wow that's funny, someone thinking they can 2 stop a stint Laughing

Having tested and competed in quite a few endurance events, there isn't a single car that could do that. Having 4 mandatory stops enables people to use cars like the Audi R8 that's horrible on fuel, that is no way 'sad or unsporting' it's called balancing and keeping all cars competitive.
Cars that are great on fuel still can use this effectively by the way....My last endurance race was in a car that was great on fuel and the race had 4 mandatory stops, similar format to this. Unfortunately a team member got disconnected so we got bumped down the field. Knowing we had race leading pace, we had the luxury of being able to pit really early to clear traffic.
Amarth
Amarth

TORA Race Number : 405
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 8:23

Yes fuel testing has been a talking point for some time and it's very very safe to say that 2 stp stunting is impossible if someone has done this I would lover to see the data to back it up ,granted the majority can 3 stop but as pointed out its a mandatory 4 stop so all cars can be included .
if people are not happy with 4 stopping we can look at the GT field for future TEC events and make 3 stop races but this will result in a smaller car list that would no doubt cause another argument.
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 8:24

Just ran my Audi out of fuel at 26 mins so itll be easy in all the stints except the last 1 where the Audi needs 4 stops no question
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 8:40

And on the off chance you do run out of fuel, as long as you can make it to the top of the hill you can make it back to the pits just dont break and stick it in either neutral or 6th 😊
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Focusatze Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 9:45

Dragonsyoung wrote:
what ever the ruling the spirit of TEC is over for me so Thumbs up fellas.

1. The spirit of TEC is fair racing - and thats why every car needs to do 4 stops. If one car can do 2 stops and all others need to do 4 - every team will choose that one car and we can drive a brand cup and dont have such a great variety of cars.

2. No car can do just 2 stops - i think the maximum time without a stop has the Viper with 30 or 32 minutes (After 30 (1) - 60 (2) 1:30 (3) - 2:00 (4))
My Porsche just can do 26 ( 26 (1) - 52 (2) - 1:18 (3) - 1:44 (4)) Thats a huge difference.

3. The cars that can stay out longer without a stop still have a benefit - because they can manage the times when they want to come in (maybe have a crash short after your stop, or hanging behind a slow car that you cant overtake (undercut)) while the other cars still need to drive further because if they make a undercut they maybe will ran out of fuelat the end of the race.

Thats 3 arguments that cant be ignored and also its just simple math!!!

Focusatze
Focusatze

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-12-19

http://www.forzalife.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 11:54

Let's all just pump the brakes, here. No need for any hostility, we should be encouraging racing and camaraderie...

Anyway, what y'all are missing is this- to two stop a car, it would need to run for 33-34 minutes on a fuel stint. 1hr 40min = 100 minutes / 3 = 33.33, call it 34. You start the race with a tank of fuel, and would need to stop when the timer hits 1:26 and 0:52. At that point, you will have 32 minutes left in the stint and therefore be able to finish the stint basically on fumes. That, guys, is the math on how to two stop the stint.

For a car that goes 26 minutes, you'd stop at 1:34, 1:08, and 0:42. Then you would have 22 minutes left in the stint and should have no problems making it to the end. This is a THREE stop strategy.

You'd only need 4 stops if your car was doing a max of 20 minute fuel runs. I don't mind having the extra stop because it essentially allows for a mulligan if you smack a wall and damage your car out of pit sequence. But, see the math above. Only need 3 stops.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Rib110
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 12:34

Instead of arguing about it how about you read the rules, I'm pretty sure stops are covered in there, granted it wasn't set when they were first put up but I added this at least a week ago

Oh and as always, I put the important parts in bright red, bold text so you can't miss it

And no, I'm not going to say here what the rule is because you should be reading them yourself Razz

Anyone breaking rules come race day due to lack of knowledge will be penalized as it's all documented, no excuses (hopefully)

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 6T7qFVr
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Zst5M5h TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 HO2y8XF TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 4ytmJVi TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 GNpJaim
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 YEKeOxC TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 5JemV3b TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 70LXLsc TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 5dgM0tE
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 SEDnkBh TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 JUwEMx8
1st TCR NoScope Mugello 500
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 13:53

why does it take Staff Members to come in and shut people up, its quiet annoying the community can not come together without the Staff having 2 jump in and shut people down, if ya wanna argue further about the pit stops pm me im sure we can have a civil discussion on the matter.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 3 Aug 2016 - 13:58

Hope it wasn't seen that I was continuing an argument...

If anything I'm happy there are 4 stops, it does make pit strategy play a bigger part, since you can try to undercut people through pit cycle.

Let's get to the racing Smile

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Rib110
 TORA TEC Bathurst 12H - General Discussion - Page 3 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next