Sponsors & Affiliates
TORA Shirtwpd1a7d6db_05_06RLM_10_main_logoMSA_full
Donations
Donations options

Dead air

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead air

Post by Foreu2env on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 17:11

So... it's been quite a while since there was a week night series for us North Americans... and I see a lot of familiar TORA faces on other race series websites.. why doesn't there seem to be any concern over the prolonged "dead air" problem with NA friendly race series? There's not even legitimate chatter or recruiting for future series taking place...

4 of the 9 race series showing under the Forza 6 banner are no longer active (that is counting VEC as inactive). Of the remaining 5 series, 1 is TEC which only runs monthly, 2 series (ABRC and Big Rig) only run with EU friendly schedules, which leaves only TASCAR and IndyCar which both run on Saturdays..

Isn't there even mild concern that your NA FM6 user base is eroding and drifting to other platforms?

Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead air

Post by reaper mech on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 17:56

was curious about this too , but we have to understand too that there is the merger between TORA and Turn , FH3 all going on right now . so there are a few things that get put on the back burner for a bit .

i think we will see a bunch of new racing series show up in early 2017 , which leaves us with Indy and Tascar , but there is nothing stopping us from starting a friendly series i think ???

reaper mech

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2016-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 19:05

I understand the whole merger thing could lead to some changes but its been a while now.. and yes horizon 3 came out but the other league racing sites arent taking a break on behalf of Horizon..

I guess this just surprises me because there was a surge of participation and positive press/exposure following the completion of the Cayman series and instead of riding that wave, everything just slammed into a wall.

As far as 2017 goes, awesome, great, super, cant wait... Those of us that race as often as possible will surely be there for those series... But the wasted 4 months ending 2016 will cause pretty significant loss when it comes to the broader audience.

EA loves to utilize the "daily logon bonus" for online games... Its because its a well known fact that keeping people active and invested is MUCH easier than bringing in people in the first place. (Maintenance Effort < Acquisition Effort)

Hopefully I'm just over analyzing the impact of this down period because I really do enjoy racing when participation is high.

Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 20:05

If you're looking for weekday racing, I would suggest VTCC, even if it's for the time being as the racing there is great

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 378
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2014-03-10

http://advancedracingteam.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 21:36

American Iron finished a couple of weeks ago so I suspect a replacement will be coming fairly soon Smile Same goes for Cayman Cup which ran on the NATCC slot.

Don't forget there's TASCAR and Indycar at the weekend too!

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7299
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sub Zero Nova 2 on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 22:51

i Would wait theres some fun things coming :-)
I would Suggest VTCC they are a brilant bunch being ran by the Old staff. Or try THORS

" You cant really expect to race in forza and not be taken out...thats like walking into no mans land and expecting not to be shot" -Nova 2K16
Owner of Nova Sport
Mother ducking driver At Samsung racing 
TORA-  HCR Porsche supercup Season 2 2nd in Private Class 2nd ,  THO VAG Trophy 3rd Teams 3rd , TCC Season 5 Somewhere. Spec cup Third Private class 3rd .
Sub Zero Energy-  4 Times winner of Rally Legends tour 1st 1st 1st 1st , GT Open winner 1st , Spec Series 3 3rd , Flying targa challenge runner up 2nd .
Team Hard Online Racing Series- Season 2 AM VW CUP winner 1st , 2nd BTCC 2nd , 3rd Britcar  3rd

( Insert Ribbons & TORA Role here)

Sub Zero Nova 2

TORA Race Number : 86
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 23:46

I have four words:

Touring

Masters

Coming

Soon

Having been very active for the past few years in getting TORA US up and running, I took an overdue break, not reaiising that there was nothing to fill the void as I had thought Stock Hatch would overlap further into my break. In the next couple weeks, expect a return to "normal" as the TM Season 2 threads get posted.

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
1st 2012 MMTCC Sedan Championship 2016 VTCC TC250 US Championship

Flyin Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 11234
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead on Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 0:56

I'd like to snuff some of the speculation, there are things still going on such as IndyCar although there's not long to go there. Some things are planned but as I mentioned elsewhere, these series take a lot of preparation. And it goes without saying that we are looking ahead to next year but the rest of the year will not be devoid of action.

Also, what Mikey said.

HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 126
Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Diablo on Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 13:34

Yeah Touring Masters is gonna be smashing, cars are good fun I assure you Smile

2012 VLN- SP2, F4H Chowderheads: 2nd
2012 N8- SP3, F4H Datsun: 2nd

F4H Diablo

TORA Race Number : 729
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2011-01-22

http://www.f4hmotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 on Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 16:02

I am on the home stretch with the work on StockHatch Series 3.  I hopeto have it ready to roll out sometime in October...probably aroundthe same time as Touring Masters  (that week).

EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
#36 EZT Neo 45 - 2010 Team MVP
Team Captain

EZT Neo 45

TORA Race Number : 36
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2009-07-22

http://www.eztmotorsport.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env on Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 21:45

Thanks guys, maybe I don't search hard enough, but I've gotten more news from this thread than I had from watching the forums for the past 2 weeks combined!

All of the above is great news, glad to hear there are still wheels in motion!

As far as the hard work that goes into each series, I totally understand that none of this is easy.. If there's ever a need for volunteers to help with assembling a series or testing etc, I'd be happy to contribute.

Thanks again

Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:34

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top