TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing

+34
PROD DTechR
Veloce Virus
Blacky Mojo
Jan Filip S
F4H Carrera
PRT RaCeR
HCR Motorhead
RBR Venom
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
F4H Lotterer
ESV Moshys
TFz Kami
Ax4x Mikey J
ATP Ginge
TPR Zermatt
DOR ForlornBear
ATP Wheelwash
some evil dude
jd896
THR Flipmode
JIM TacticaL365
Kchrpm
henkymetcola
HCR Mad Bull
DonatedSatyr227
LZR Harmonic
THR WildWin7
TX3 Ventury
Vice255
BigBen13x
Renegade JPS
FIA LMC Alflo
Dragonsyoung
Diablo 29x
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 9:27

CAR Zermatt wrote:so you don't like ANY lag out rule?

so you like forces, other than in people's control, to dictate the racing result. Seams sensible to me. GG.

Yep. Luck happens, both good and bad, in the real world, why shouldn't it come into play here?

You lag out, get credit for the miles you actually did run, and carry on. Try to work your way back up the grid and finish the damn race.

Better than being a quitter.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Live Timing

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 9:59

OK, what if a teammate cannot connect to the lobby or misses his invite? Shouldn't he get miles for that, as it was luck, nothing within his control. Right?
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TFz Kami Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 10:35

Pls update live timing. Missing 3 stints already
TFz Kami
TFz Kami

TORA Race Number : 990
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ESV Moshys Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 10:37

GTR K4mi wrote:Pls update live timing. Missing 3 stints already

I was thinking the same thing
ESV Moshys
ESV Moshys

TORA Race Number : 912
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TFz Kami Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 10:39

I mean it would be better for the starting grid
TFz Kami
TFz Kami

TORA Race Number : 990
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 10:40

Black Sheep Driver swap

F4H Bandicoot for stint 11

F4H Lotterer for stint 12
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by TPR Zermatt Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 11:07

Apologies I was racing - "Better than being a quitter"

Luck does happen you are correct, but why not try and eliminate it as much as we can, luck in real life is engines blowing, tires bursting, and they don't really happen on forza. So why Try to bring it in when you can do your best to stop it.

Unfortunately with the current ruling, it's impossible to get back up the grid. I think we are due to lose about 50/60 miles.. which is over half an hour of driving. Not sure the last time you tried to catch someone up by 60 miles. But that's an average of 5 miles each stint. A tall order when the gap between 2nd and 7th in GT was 4 miles.

If a team mate cannot connect the the lobby the team must have a contingency plan like we do - a back up. Another team member can join the lobby, this has happened in the past, and even seen the double stint ruling overlooked because of this, again, you can control this.

If they miss the invite however, this should not be rewarded.

As you can see, this rule is too harsh.

TPR Zermatt

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 13:26

Flyin Mikey J wrote:

so you like forces, other than in people's control, to dictate the racing result. Seams sensible to me. GG.

Yep. Luck happens, both good and bad, in the real world, why shouldn't it come into play here?

You lag out, get credit for the miles you actually did run, and carry on. Try to work your way back up the grid and finish the damn race.

I take offense to this mike ... we are not quitters we had catastrophic failure twice we were over 100 miles down 8 hrs in,due to forza servers . if you have a laggout rule it should be to keep teams in contention ...not mearly to keep cars on grid! or don't have one at all
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:13

Flyin Mikey J wrote:

This is not real life. We are not racing for any prize or incentive to keep us going if we lag out. As long as these races are "for fun" the lag out rule should keep teams in contention. Because being 30 miles back is not fun and you get no reward for continuing
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

TORA Race Number : 23
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2016-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:20

A lot of people are against the rule but I think the way we have it now is on the money. At the end of the day it's a hard balance, some want it to be more generous, some don't want it to be a thing at all. But as I said, I think the way we have it now is balanced reasonably.

It probably makes more sense to look at it in the long run. May not have quite got the result you wanted right now, but you came back well enough and you're still in it with the other rounds to contest.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PRT RaCeR Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:26

F4H Nova wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:

This is not real life. We are not racing for any prize or incentive to keep us going if we lag out. As long as these races are "for fun" the lag out rule should keep teams in contention. Because being 30 miles
back is not fun and you get no reward for continuing

Well I have to agree with CAR Zermatt, a lag out rule should exist , if a driver jumps out , we could take an average of time driven vs distance to give an approximate realistic distance. Where there's a will there's a way . Folks this it's a game , games are made to have fun , we get no real prize for spending our precious time being here so many hours , so in order to keep an happy and crowded house , Admin must to take in consideration members views and opinions. Hence PRT team been away for so long , unfortunately Forza even with few new positive features it's not what it used to be , so if forza don't help , TORA should or some day this great house where people been putting a lot of effort will vanish like many others in the future. I honestly hope this feedback helps in any way . Regards RaCeR the sportsman 👍

PRT RaCeR

TORA Race Number : 832
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PRT RaCeR Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:28

And for thoes whom don't like to be generous , well you should stick to iracing or something similar, Forza it's for kids.... no heart feelings mateys!

PRT RaCeR

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:31

If there's a lagout rule, it might as well be of use distance wise otherwise there's no real reason to have it. If it is to be implemented it has to be close to what they'd get, a few miles is a lot of time in Forza and losing the chunk that is calculated currently just renders the rule pointless really
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:34

Seems like all the staff just don't get it. Why keep racing for a sticker under your forum name. Doesn't make sense. Anyone who wants no lag out rule just wants easy positions because they can't pass on track plain and simple. This is not real life. It's not "as real as it gets" on the game. That motto is honestly aids. Time to move on. Accept the game for what it is. People would enjoy these races much more knowing a lag out won't waste all their time. Anyone who says otherwise is just salty they are getting beat. Poor XRS suffered how many lag outs?? At that point racing is pointless and boring. Why even move onto the next round when it could happen again? I've said my mind and now I'll just wait for the "elitist" replies
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PRT RaCeR Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 15:46

Results are on , PRT made 4th position just a few meters behind 3rd , well someone took my second stint distance wrongly as I'm down to 201.** and clearly my screen as I've record I've overtook the 202 mile mark , plus last stint Zermatt was frustrated and stop car with handbrake sliding around track giving him a few extra meters! For the record , this isn't a complain , it's just to show that we know and see things but really don't care in going into much detail, we just like to have friends to race and enjoy a good barny lol , and The Let's Race car well deserve at least a podium after all the effort and frustration Cheers well done guys , incredible Pace Cool Cool

PRT RaCeR

Back to top Go down

Post by TPR Zermatt Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 16:38

When you have teams asking you 'why are you still racing after that lag out, it's not worth it with the rule' - and then further teams embracing that. You know it's time to change.

TPR Zermatt

Back to top Go down

Post by PRT RaCeR Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 16:48

CAR Zermatt wrote:When you have teams asking you 'why are you still racing after that lag out, it's not worth it with the rule' - and then further teams embracing that. You know it's time to change.

After all it's All of US whom make the house alive , from the highest Admin member to the very last driver in the grid . Cheers

PRT RaCeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Filip S Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:00

I had lag out on stint 5 at lobby B. It turned out that my internet provider had massive failure and whole city was without internet for 45 minutes. Do you rly believe my friends from other continents should suffer because of it?
Jan Filip S
Jan Filip S

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacky Mojo Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:02

For me a lag out is a technical failure. You can't prevent it.  I agree that it sucks, it happened to us too and we also lost wins or podiums because of that last year. Did we ever complain about it? No we didn't! When a technical failure occurs in a real race, you can lose 10-30 minutes in the pits repairing the car or you even have to retire the car. These things can happen. The CAR Team lost about 7 to 8 laps because of their lag out. This is something like 12-15 minutes they lost on track. So if I did the maths right, it is like a normal technical failure that could happen to any team in a real race and TORA did a good job on deciding how many miles you get after you lag out.

It is not everytime the best or the fastest team that wins a race, especially in endurance races. The attempt to get it as real as it gets is one of the reasons why I'm racing here and taking a break from my PC and Assetto Corsa, doing 2 weeks of Forza practice.
Blacky Mojo
Blacky Mojo

TORA Race Number : 911
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-14

https://www.facebook.com/WippermannRacing/

Back to top Go down

Post by TPR Zermatt Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:05

The issue with that is, this is not real life, and these elements can be eliminated rather than encouraged.

TPR Zermatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TPR Zermatt Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:06

The issue with that is, this is not real life, and these elements can be eliminated rather than encouraged.

TPR Zermatt

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:14

Why is real racing always brought up? Do you think you are real race drivers or something? Lol makes no sense to me especially when this game isn't a sim
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:19

To try to address some of the loose ends regarding the method in the madness:

-It was argued that lag outs are equivalent to failures but the counter claim was that not all failures are terminal. Especially as Audi can replace critical power components in just minutes.

-We did not agree with the stance of a few individuals who complained about the lag rule in place, that the ONLY way they can profit is at the demise of others. I personally didn't react well to it.

With that in mind, we proceeded with a rule that firstly rewarded participation in terms of undertaking the stints. If you turn up and give a damn and want to compete then that was the main argument of administering it. But we saw that TURN's method was sometimes too generous and could even be abused. So we had to be balanced: not too generous but also not to the extent where it's totally pointless.

I totally feel for those who lag out from the lead, HCR Scuderia/Porsche (on TURN) should have won Sebring - TWICE - last year (but our sister team won TORA's one anyway). But I lagged twice in freakish deja vu. But as I said, these enduros are part of a bigger season and championship and that's what it better serves its purpose for.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Veloce Virus Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:30

C'mon guys... I can fully understand that you guys are pissed because you didn't get the win you deserved. But that's how it goes sometimes we also lost victories in Silverstone and at the Nürburgring because of one lagout. I'm also not a fan of this rule and it's hard to accept that it costs a dominant win. But you all read the rules and knew about this formula before the event.. so just take it how it is at the moment.
Veloce Virus
Veloce Virus

TORA Race Number : 999
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://www.xbox-motorsport.de

Back to top Go down

Post by PROD DTechR Sun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:32

Diablo, I'm missing points on the Stint 8. Thanks in advance.
PROD DTechR
PROD DTechR

TORA Race Number : 554
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 926
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next