TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Forza 7 Demo  EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Forza 7 Demo  EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Forza 7 Demo

+10
HCR Faithless
CarbonfiberYeti
Chief Tokembowl
EZT MAKO 6669
BigBen13x
Ax4x Bandit
skyshadow5
LMR DarthMario
LSEM BIGMAN
DOR Vantage
14 posters

Go down

Forza 7 Demo  Empty Forza 7 Demo

Post by DOR Vantage Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 13:43

well its here guys ! whats our first impressions ? Cool
DOR Vantage
DOR Vantage

TORA Race Number : 82
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2016-01-21

Back to top Go down

Forza 7 Demo  Empty Re: Forza 7 Demo

Post by LSEM BIGMAN Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 14:33

Looks like they went in the right direction with FFB. Using 900 degrees of rotation with the Porsche and it has so much more feel in the center.
LSEM BIGMAN
LSEM BIGMAN

TORA Race Number : 193
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 14:43

the camera shake is headache inducing. I'm glad that can be turned off

LOVE Mugello. spent weeks hotlapping there back in the FM2 days (reached a top10 time in B class with an Exige) - Look forward to spending hundreds of laps there again. - the A.I. is still religiously following the driving line, and are far more aggressive to stay on it! racing at Mugello, i had been getting pushed off into the grass on the inside of corners at times even. wasn't until the cab of the race-rig was ahead of certain AI that they knew I was there.

(not demo related) The updates to Maple Valley (Syrup as I would call it), is amazing! looks far more like a real circuit. the overpass wooden cover over the bridge is better and less view obstructive. the track is wider, smoother. the Pit-road is to your right instead of left (coming downhill heading to the Start/finish). this overshadows tracks like Prague, Fm6's Rio, and other Dev-created tracks, IMO. I personally hope New York Long, Alpine Ring & the original Rio get updated like this and added.

still worried about added multiplayer options or lack-thereof from FM6...

Forza 7 Demo  4CehZCuForza 7 Demo  1Im0ehJForza 7 Demo  AZBlrjnForza 7 Demo  SSaUnAU
Forza 7 Demo  KlHMZuJForza 7 Demo  1vuHXh0Forza 7 Demo  FoUH4rWForza 7 Demo  N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 20:47

Demo is crap.
Shows absolutely nothing about the game as a whole, just three cars on thee different tracks and Mugello looks so computer generated and "un"realistic. They show off their new weather effect, wow (not), a barely driveable Porsche in the desert (yawn), and a racing truck on a plastic track which is a real shame as I liked the previous FM4(?) version of Mugello.
Will have to wait for the game now to make a proper judgement.
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 22:23

Never knew a Porsche had the suspension of a stadium trophy truck.

Forza 7 Demo  J8Ljahl
Forza 7 Demo  PEEdCpnForza 7 Demo  ZzhlIqHForza 7 Demo  UmQfodEForza 7 Demo  C0cSnDzForza 7 Demo  1vuHXh0Forza 7 Demo  MAsvnrEForza 7 Demo  GrZPNKA

Forza 7 Demo  Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 1:10

LMR Bandit wrote:Never knew a Porsche had the suspension of a stadium trophy truck.
Glad I'm not the only one that was drifting that car around that track.

Forza 7 Demo  BYYuASn
Forza 7 Demo  HAEUnL7Forza 7 Demo  KdgZ8UeForza 7 Demo  CQUSyXgForza 7 Demo  099o0vaForza 7 Demo  PvJCMixForza 7 Demo  FU7yRaHForza 7 Demo  QBEMUyMForza 7 Demo  NPhnnNgForza 7 Demo  WDatqwmForza 7 Demo  9CkOLQ8Forza 7 Demo  GpwltaLForza 7 Demo  M2WT61vForza 7 Demo  BKfvezfForza 7 Demo  O2Aon8DForza 7 Demo  ZDh93lU
Forza 7 Demo  ZDh93lU
1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 4:42

An hour to download, barely 20 min to play, hardly seems worth it especially since I get the game next week anyway.

Game did look pretty good. Already not a fan of Dubai, but we'll see after I race it more. The handling on the Porsche did seem a bit weird, thought it was more the track conditions though. I didn't really notice the quality of the graphics at Mugello at the time, but now that it was mentioned, yeah, they did seem a bit "fake". Thought the weather racing was much better than in FM6, but that too remains to be seen in the actual game. Really hope that was just demo quality AI because yeah, they still really suck! Overall I'm still pretty excited about this game. If it's even just equal to 6 I'll be happy, but hopefully it will be improved.

Forza 7 Demo  Y4AOm8B

Forza 7 Demo  Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then Forza 7 Demo  MMW7lPFForza 7 Demo  Ugzq3mEForza 7 Demo  SyP3J7VForza 7 Demo  ThRRsUxForza 7 Demo  UDO8mUuForza 7 Demo  DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 5:34

Truck racing seemed pretty fun, hoping somebody puts a series on for that. The AI is garbage and the Porsche is super garbage. I like the layout of the Dubai track, though, I think it will be fun in a better car. The graphics are super nasty on this one, I almost wrecked the car coming to the checkers on the Nurburgring race, the reflections of the sunset off the water looked almost completely real and blew my mind. Wouldn't get any hopes up about better AI before the release. At this point in the dev cycle, it's usually pretty much a finished product.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

TORA Race Number : 46
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CarbonfiberYeti Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 6:46

I get the impression the AI got trimmed down to basic to save download space. 50% of all production model Porsche's feel like that to me without a setup in F6 in the first place. Ultimate edition purchased.
CarbonfiberYeti
CarbonfiberYeti

TORA Race Number : 63
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2016-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Faithless Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 10:33

Ive got some impressions on my channel.

Ive enjoyed it, but like most I have turned off that camera shake. The new chase camera takes some getting used to. Also the liveries popping in on the Nurburgring demo.
Also does it seem there is less damage?
HCR Faithless
HCR Faithless

TORA Race Number : 484
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2017-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Crimsonify Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 11:05

Quick impressions:

Cars:
- the Porsche feels artificially fast in a straight line; maybe the whole "cover car is best car" thing got to them again but it's still terrible in slow corners
- the truck is pretty fun to drive with tremendous amounts of grip; I think a series with them will be fun but it's pretty hard to pass one with no contact on tighter tracks
- the GT-R is a beauty, I like how it handles, accelerates, breaks grip every now and then; they nailed this one  

Tracks:
- not a big fan of Dubai, it feels like the Alps but in the desert
- Mugello could have looked better but I'm happy it made it in the game to begin with
- nothing to say about Nürburgring yet, I'm more curious on how the Nordschleife turned out

Features:
- the bloody camera movement; it seriously makes me dizzy and putting it on "OFF" only stops the HUD from bouncing around; we need a "I SAID OFF, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD" option
- removing the graphic overlay in the pit lane was a step towards something better but I expected actual people there judging by the trailers repetitively showing us a lively pit lane

Misc:
- the studio with all the menus seems a bit dark
- hopefully we won't see microtransactions for legendary driver gear in the full version
- the weather system is spot on, let's hope it is really dynamic and it is used properly in the career and maybe the multiplayer
LMP Crimsonify
LMP Crimsonify

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2017-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 16:49

CarbonfiberYeti wrote:I get the impression the AI got trimmed down to basic to save download space. 50% of all production model Porsche's feel like that to me without a setup in F6 in the first place. Ultimate edition purchased.

Here's hoping you're right.  Cheers
In the end it's still Forza and its still fine. Nissan drove well so its apparently not a game control issue.

THCRIMSONIFY wrote:Quick impressions:

- the bloody camera movement; it seriously makes me dizzy and putting it on "OFF" only stops the HUD from bouncing around; we need a "I SAID OFF, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD" option

Someone needs to let Turn 10 know this. I don't think anyone wants it on. Didn't they say once that they wouldn't add camera effects like that to Forza, because it breaks with their philosophy of simulation or whatever?

HCR Faithless wrote:
Also does it seem there is less damage?

yes
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Faithless Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 17:39

Cars:
- the Porsche feels artificially fast in a straight line; maybe the whole "cover car is best car" thing got to them again but it's still terrible in slow corners

If you pause and check the menu the porker is a higher PI than most of the other cars your against!
HCR Faithless
HCR Faithless

TORA Race Number : 484
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2017-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM SKYACTIV Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 5:05

Camera motion (in all forms, even the ones you can't disable) is horrendous.

I get that their bread and butter market is now Horizon cruisers and driftbros, but some of the stupid things they've overlooked in the swap to HorizonHUD are just maddening... for instance the lack of color coding on the split time.  On my small TV (and that's still nearly 50") the + and - are barely discernable.

HUD is awful and full of obvious contrast fail that never should have made it out of user testing/UX testing.  (white on white tach, gray on white lap and time counters, the thin font, the 3D-effect boxes)

Of those 3 problems, #2 is the worst because they've made racing, the thing game is meant to do, objectively harder to achieve. Which is in complete contrast to even basic reality where more and more telemetry elements are becoming available to the amateur market.

SFM SKYACTIV

TORA Race Number : 787
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2016-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Crimsonify Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 8:41

HCR Faithless wrote:

Cars:

If you pause and check the menu the porker is a higher PI than most of the other cars your against!

Didn't notice it, thanks.
LMP Crimsonify
LMP Crimsonify

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2017-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 22:46

Anyone try the demo with a wheel?
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by MID LAND ZETA Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 0:54

Chief Tokembowl wrote:Anyone try the demo with a wheel?
still crap IMO
MID LAND ZETA
MID LAND ZETA

TORA Race Number : 639
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-04-11

https://mlzdesigns.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 22:56

Chief Tokembowl wrote:Anyone try the demo with a wheel?

Tried it with my G920 and felt a lot more comfortable with it then I did on Forza 6. Will be interesting to try more with the full game!
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Tokembowl Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 4:36

Well, that's one yea and one nay on the wheels. lol. Maybe I'll try getting one and see what happens. I've always thought I might be a little more smooth and consistent with a wheel, but people always say wheels suck on forza.
Chief Tokembowl
Chief Tokembowl

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 25 Sep 2017 - 5:16

I did and it felt about the same as FM6. I have the TMX wheel package from Thrustmaster. Not top of the line but a great set up for the money. Part of using a wheel with these games is spending some time to get the settings correct. You can't just jump in with default parameters and your controller tune and expect it to be any good. I have always felt that using a wheel was far better than a controller. I don't drive my real car with a controller. A decent wheel does make a big difference to be sure. Mine is still a bit sloppy at center right now, but I think I can eventually tweak it out. After finally trying Pcars with the wheel, I will admit the FFB in Forza is pretty awful, but you don't get anything with a controller, so why would you be that concerned with it. It's not so bad that I can't play the game or anything. To each his own, but I'll stick with the wheel. My lap times are also over a second lower with the wheel as well. Smile

Forza 7 Demo  Y4AOm8B

Forza 7 Demo  Y4movPdIlYxvVboZf8g041PCZfF5YuW2Z9nt8ICgoFosZInf4wyO2gspu6tP18cB9E8t-2yOsFPNGkOCk_8qyidyYR0ZLrsIfcBx__TQXuvskFfKHVi_If9EjyY2DkuSzDtMiehy9fURm60uWboMdNetJNLCClH3ixM0_dciwgGiLz6Uev8fTipBuZNVqdIYp_9g5PUBHMB4kXfjQXzxhRcdg?width=280&height=45&cropmode=none
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life![/url]

----------> insert ribbons here

ok then Forza 7 Demo  MMW7lPFForza 7 Demo  Ugzq3mEForza 7 Demo  SyP3J7VForza 7 Demo  ThRRsUxForza 7 Demo  UDO8mUuForza 7 Demo  DG54pTI Smile
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down