TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar

Go down

TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar Empty TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar

The TORA British GT eSports Championship will once again visit seven different venues in 2019 after series organisers, The Online Racing Association, revealed the calendar live on Radio Le Mans this evening (December 20).

Now in its fifth season, British GT’s only official eSports series allows anyone around the world with Forza Motorsport 7, an XBox One or PC and internet connection to compete in a wide variety of GT3 and GT4 cars, including new models due to be introduced next season.

Turn 10 Studios’ cross-play feature, which allows PC users to compete against their console counterparts, contributed towards more than 250 drivers entering British GT eSports races throughout 2018, while real-world teams also threw their official weight behind several virtual contenders.

TORA’s calendar is intended to mirror that of British GT’s. But with all real-world tracks not currently available in the sim, several circuits with similar characteristics have been chosen as suitable substitutes.

Thus 2019 begins at the legendary Watkins Glen, a venue that appears very similar to Oulton Park which hosts British GT’s opening round one week later. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is next up in place of Snetterton before Silverstone mirrors its real-world event.

The Nurburgring, a circuit British GT visited in 2012, is up next ahead of a trip to everyone’s favourite: Spa-Francorchamps. Brands Hatch then takes place three weeks after the real-world championship’s penultimate round at the same track before Mugello closes out the campaign one week before British GT’s Donington decider.

Aligning the eSports championship with British GT has resulted in a high level of authenticity implemented across the series. Spaces are reserved on all liveries for real-world championship partner decals, windscreen banners and number panels, which ensures the virtual grid represents British GT even more accurately.

TORA President Matt Hunter: “I’m really proud to be partnering with British GT for a fifth consecutive season and to continue bringing their official eSports championship to the sim racing community. 2018 produced the series’ largest-ever entry with over 250 drivers. Ultimately the FTR team dominated with their fleet of Porsches but, with driver changes and new cars becoming available, the 2019 season is already looking to be the most competitive yet.

“We also saw an unprecedented number of real British GT teams engage with their virtual counterparts and hope to see even more follow in the footsteps of Barwell, Team Parker Racing, Century Motorsport, Beechdean AMR, Cyber Racing and Invictus Games Racing in 2019.”

2019 TORA British GT eSports Championship
Round 1: Watkins Glen International – April 14
Round 2: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya – April 28
Round 3: Silverstone GP – May 12
Round 4: Nurburgring GP – June 30
Round 5: Spa-Francorchamps – July 28
Round 6: Brands Hatch GP – August 25
Round 7: Mugello – September 8

TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar EwVLgo3
TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

TORA Confirms 2019 British GT Calendar :: Comments

RZM Mulsanne

Post Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 14:02 by RZM Mulsanne

Hi guys, I am interested in BGT. How do I sign up Smile

Back to top Go down

SFM Darkzer

Post Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 18:29 by SFM Darkzer

HCR Mulsanne wrote:Hi guys, I am interested in BGT. How do I sign up Smile

There will be a registration post at some point.

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 18:42 by Matt

HCR Mulsanne wrote:Hi guys, I am interested in BGT. How do I sign up Smile

Registration and details on carlists etc will be officially revealed in March but depending on the class you're thinking of entering the 2018 car regs are a reasonable indicator of where to be Smile

Back to top Go down

SQD GGRacing

Post Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 21:00 by SQD GGRacing

AMS Motorsports will be into this series. We will be figuring out car & stuff when it's release!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 19:45 by TMS Trex

Top Xtreme Racer’s will be competing this year

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down