TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Gulf Austins THR Racing

+9
LMR DarthMario
adam20692
Biggsy tv
ckBrenneke
CQR Rogue
Richy59
HCR generaltso
XTI Jon Snow
ATR DAN
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gulf Austins THR Racing - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Austins THR Racing

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 0:09

thanks Avenger, but i wasnt trying to 1-up you. Razz i had the buildings design in my head at work since i saw your livery, and had to wait til i got home. Laughing i was even going to try to make the windows even more realistic, but thought this design was good enough. Smile When the attacks started, i was playing NASCAR 99 on the N64. My mother popped her head in my room and told me a plane hit one of the World Trade Center buildings. i turned off my n64 and started watching, and watched the 2nd plane hit, the pentagon, and about flight-93 dissapearing somewhere in PA. (i went to see the crash-site in 2003 with a gf. heart stopper, lemme tell you)

Dan, i got your Koenigsegg ready. i got your FR from your 2605 gamertag, so which one should i send it to?
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 0:10

Send it to the DAN 2605 gamertag please mate! Wink
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 0:12

u got it Dan. Very Happy
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 1:07

great idea for the livery.

I remember my dad picked me up from school, I was in Primary 4 at the time. He said, the one of the tallest buildings in the world had fallen down. I got home, the second plane hit the tower, just seemed unreal.

Terrorists crash into Glasgow airport. Nobody in Glasgow even gives a damn. 9/11 is one of the defining moments of more recent history.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 3:25

Lol, I know what you mean, I've been planning this for awhile, just wished it wasn't exactly a TEST I would be running it at, but it is what it is.
I was going to school, about a block away when something came on the radio. I was in 2nd grade and hearing something about planes crashing seemed like a joke. It sort of wore out until 11ish until my teacher just froze at her desk. We were doing work when she just froze, almost unnaturally and we didn't know what was up. I don't really remember much more, considering it was 2nd grade. It doesnt have the same effect on me as other people older than me, but watching some youtube videos in class, made it hard not to cry or want to get revenge.
Truly sad.
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 9:20

I was just gettng home from school n my folks were all in front of the tv watching events take place. As I walking in the first tower came down. I honestly thought they were watching a film Sad
How wrong was I.
Mind you I was also sat infront of the tv when the bombs were going off in London. The sense of confusion from the reporters was tangible and frightening.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 9:33

I was actually about 5 miles away from the pentagon when it happened as i was born and raised right outside of DC...when the plane hit the pentagon, rumors were flying everywhere that all the government agencies had been hit...i couldnt get in contact with my mom (who was working at a government agency building which had been rumored to have been destroyed/hit by a plane) because all of the cell phones in the area were completely clogged...I drove home and had to wait before my mom got home before i even knew she was alive.

i left school and drove home past the pentagon on the GW parkway and trucks with body bags were flying past me trying to get there...driving past it...seeing the smoke and ash billowing out...smelling the burning rubble....get home and just sit there watching the news and listening to the F-16's roaring overhead... thinking i'm gonna get drafted, not knowing if my family members are alive or dead...just so many feelings and emotions going through that day...honestly that was the worst day of my life...i hate memorials or vigils or any kind of that [Bad language is not tolerated - Mod Team]...it feels cheap and feels like it's exploiting the memories and victims of what happened.

put it this way...i've spent the past 8 years trying to forget what happened and put it behind me, and all everyone else in america wants to do is remember it and glorify it in some weird perverted way...

"never forget" more like "spending my life trying to forget"

i wasnt going to say anything anyway... and i really dont mind the memorial liveries, it's just everyone got to sharing their experiences on what happened that day. and i feel like that i had a very unique experience of it.

i'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. it's just every year around this time, this topic comes up and i happen to have a very strong emotional attachment to what happened that day...it's not offensive in any way...i guess i just dont understand why someone would want to hold on to a memory like that...
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 10:20

I get what your saying, its easy for people who weren't directly involved to speak about it so easily and the way they see it is that they are doing a good thing remembering the lives that were lost that day. I guess when you are involved in it you just want to forget it as much as possible. Sorry to hear that you were there at the time and it sounded horrible. But at least you and your family are still here and thats something you have to remember Wink
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 11:51

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 15:30

My Dad has a government job and my mom was working at fort meade, (home of the national security agency) and on 9/11 both of them were at work, because i live so close to alot of government property, i was rushed home and since i waqs so young, afraid to come out of the basement,
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 19:34

I remeber that day as if it was yesterday. I was in first grade and I was living at that time in a small town in New Jersey called Cliffside Park. Cliffside park was a town near the Hudson River. We were on like a mountain type thing if you want to call it, and below us was another town called Edgewater and the Hudson River. So bassically if i walked down two streets from my house i could see Manhattan on the other side of the Hudson. So i was at school and my teacher gets a phone call from a friend. The look in her face was out of this world. I had never seen someone make a face like that. It was unreal the shock she was in. So she turned on the tv and we saw the buildings smoking. Everyone was like omg but we were little so we didnt take it so serious our comphrehend it that well. So everyone started getting picked up from school and when i got hom my parents were watching it. Since we were across the river from manhattan we smelled the smoke on my street. It was just horrifying...
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2