TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette

Go down

Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette Empty Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette

All,

I wanted to take this time to speak to everyone regarding multi-class racing and "how" to drive it, no matter which class you're competing in, high or low. Over the past few series, such as British GT and more recently GT Cup, there has been a growing concern of drivers in both classes acting inappropriately towards one another. This sort of racing is probably one of the more difficult ones to get right in all of league racing, due to its unsaid intricacies.

Here are some highlights:

1. Drivers in the other class as you ARE in fact racing for a class win of their own. This means if you're in the "Top" class, the lower class might be stingy with giving you room to slide past. On the other hand, if you're in the "lower" class, a driver in the Top class may want to be aggressive in making a pass so that they can gain an advantage on who they're racing. You're going to be "put off" when someone does this, but it's all part of racing. THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP TIME TO ANOTHER CLASS. Stop racing like no one else is racing with you.

2. Traffic Management - This goes along with the point above but, drivers NEED to use their mini-map, mirrors... just being cognizant of who's around you. Many of the more recent incidents are caused by people not looking far enough up the track while racing or paying attention as to who is approaching. It's just like driving on the freeway - further up the road you look, the better off you are to make sudden corrections and avoid disaster.

3. Retaliation - There were multiple incidents of drivers going for vigilante justice in this past week's race in GT Cup at Catalunya National that were not caught on tape. These drivers know who they are, and I know who they are. If you think it's okay to ram someone off the track because you're upset with how someone's driving mid-race, TORA is not for you. I'll be handing out swift Race Disqualifications or Series Bans for future incidents.

Thanks, y'all. See you on the track Smile

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette Rib110
Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall
Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit