TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record.

+6
nickyf1
STRAW Orange
CQR Rogue
Slider S15
XTI Jon Snow
Matt
10 posters

Go down

BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. Empty Re: BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record.

Post by Matt Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 12:32

Interesting news....isn't it Wink
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. Empty Re: BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record.

Post by XTI Jon Snow Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 12:37

great, the only way for me to dislike this more, is if they got alonso to drive for them
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 12:45

Nico & Nick @ Merc

Jense & Lewis @ Maca

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 12:49

I think its good, they would have struggled if they had remained independant, they may now have the money for Button although it looks like its too late for that anyways.

(Plus that should mean McLaren are fairly screwed when 2015 rolls around lol)
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 14:20

Button & Hami star line up Smile Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by STRAW Orange Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 15:07

Way i look at it though, they have a 50mil cap on next years budget dont they? or something like that, i know its capped. So in theory they'll have double the amount of budget to spend on designing the cars.

Wouldn't be surprised if both these teams, along with red bulls two are fast next year.
STRAW Orange
STRAW Orange

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-10-16

http://STRAWMotorsport.com (Coming Soon)

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 15:29

D3fend wrote:Way i look at it though, they have a 50mil cap on next years budget dont they? or something like that, i know its capped. So in theory they'll have double the amount of budget to spend on designing the cars.

Wouldn't be surprised if both these teams, along with red bulls two are fast next year.

No because its just one team. No more McMerc's

Just Mclaren and Mercedes GP, both seperate companies, both rivals.

only shared thing will be the engines like with Force India in '09.

And im backing Red Bull for 2010 Very Happy Vettel + Newey + Hopefully a Merc Lump = Win!!
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by STRAW Orange Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 16:13

Slider S15 wrote:
D3fend wrote:Way i look at it though, they have a 50mil cap on next years budget dont they? or something like that, i know its capped. So in theory they'll have double the amount of budget to spend on designing the cars.

And im backing Red Bull for 2010 Very Happy Vettel + Newey + Hopefully a Merc Lump = Win!!

Yea, but you can't seriously sit there and say they wont share data etc. They sit under the same name, and in essence is the same team.
STRAW Orange
STRAW Orange

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-10-16

http://STRAWMotorsport.com (Coming Soon)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 16:23

wow! Shocked
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 16:48

D3fend wrote:
Slider S15 wrote:

Yea, but you can't seriously sit there and say they wont share data etc. They sit under the same name, and in essence is the same team.

No there not thats the point.

Mercedes are selling their share in McLaren and pulling out of it completely, by 2015 they wont even supply their engines.

McLaren Mercedes is DEAD.... It is an EX Team....

Now we have Mclaren as one team and Mercedes as another team.

ALL that will be shared is the Engine and nothing more. No data, no Aero and probably only 2 engine integration personnel at McLaren (as there are at Force india for their Mercedes engines and there was at Williams for their Toyota Engines)
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 17:39

still think red bull still going to beat both these teams and ferrari. would love to see quick nick in a race winning car tho!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 17:51

i just thought mclaren cant be silver anymore eh? i think itll be a red and white design like the early 90's
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by racelegend MB1 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 18:19

as a mclaren fan, and a huge follower of ross brawn. this is all great news. this worry of merc leaving mclaren isnt such a biggy. Yes they will supply engines till 2015, giving the mclaren guys plenty of time to sort out that. - we already know mclaren are building engines for the automotive side so by 2015 they will have perfected a grand prix engine so that good. And we should see traditional red white mclarens except with vodafone and not malboro.

For Brawn its great, they get to build on top of a championship winning car with huge backing and a car designed to fit the merc lump this year! Having an all mercedes team will be great cos we will see some of that real true german engineering shine through.

As for red bull, well a merc lump would be good but i cant see it happening, not now with mercedes as a team, why give away the one thing that they have over everyone else a great engine! id expect to see a ferrari lump like in the toro rosso, or with the possibility of renault staying as an engine builder (and still maybe a team) and providing red bull again. Then theres the cosworth to consider - a risk but you cant rule it out.

My final bit on f1 for now is the Toyota saga, the team is up for sale and wouldnt be suprised to see a buyer, they have a fully developed race car for 2010 and a late entry may still be possible Wink - some of you will just have to trust me on this one.

So the news from the last few days is all great, a full brit driver line up at mclaren would be great making it a true British affair! only time will tell.
racelegend MB1
racelegend MB1

Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://mbmotorsportonline.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 19:56

Not just a british team... an english team.. BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. Icon_evil
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by racelegend MB1 Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 20:57

haha nicky, sorry i thought ud like to be part of or ENGLISH success.
racelegend MB1
racelegend MB1

Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://mbmotorsportonline.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Aanenvaimennin Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 21:20

DAMN YOU MERCEDES! Mad something always screws up a great team...
Aanenvaimennin
Aanenvaimennin

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.jlgbroadcasting.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 21:36

nicky wrote:Not just a british team... an english team.. BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. Icon_evil

.... apart from the German engines which makes it about as 'British' as the 2003 Bentley Team Wink
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrnoutJerzey Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 22:46

very interesting turn of events
BrnoutJerzey
BrnoutJerzey

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 8:17

jenson09 wrote:
nicky wrote:Not just a british team... an english team.. BRAWN GP are dead and will maintain 100% championship record. Icon_evil

.... apart from the German engines which makes it about as 'British' as the 2003 Bentley Team Wink

exactly :p
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down