TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car??

2 posters

Go down

Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? Empty Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car??

Post by Slider S15 Sat 21 Nov 2009 - 20:06

In 2008 Dodge and MOPAR unveiled the new MOPAR Dodge challenger drift car at SEMA for the 2009 season to be driven by Samuel Hubinette.

However at the begining of the Season the car was nowhere to be seen and Hubinette competed in his usual Dodge Viper SRT10.

And the car hasn't been seen since to my knowledge... And MOPAR has withdrawn its sponsorship of Hubinette due to the Credit Crunch (Do americans have that expression?)

So does anybody know what happened to the car?

Or more importantly why it never competed??
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? Empty Re: Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car??

Post by BrnoutJerzey Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 23:37

idk, I wouldn't watch drifting if someone paid me- that car was fugly as hell though
BrnoutJerzey
BrnoutJerzey

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car?? Empty Re: Whatever Happened to the MOPAR Dodge Challenger Drift car??

Post by Slider S15 Tue 24 Nov 2009 - 12:10

l like'd the paint but that was about it. I love drifting but i can see why some people would say it isnt motorsport... Its kinda like Surfing in a roundabout way...

Anyways i have done some more research and managed to answer my own question.

For those who were woundering (i doubt its any of you but im bored so im gonna say it anyways) The car was not ready for the first 3 rounds of Formula Drift 2009 so the Viper was used, after that point MOPAR withdrew its sponsorship and support from the Drift programme due to the economic downturn and a massive restructuring needed to save basic operations.

MOPAR (very kindly) took the car with them when they withdrew support of Hubinette (even though they had no use for it themselves!) leaving Hubinette with no new car and no sponsorship...
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down