TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
History of Austins Motorsport EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
History of Austins Motorsport EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

History of Austins Motorsport

Go down

History of Austins Motorsport Empty History of Austins Motorsport

History of Austins Motorsport Am_1a10

History of Austins Motorsport.

Austins Motorsport was founded on the 16th September 2008 when team owner DAN 2605 joined TORA (The Online Racing Association). The team’s first race was in the British GT Championship for one single event before DAN joined UPR Motorsports for seven of the ten rounds of the 2008/2009 season. But after the events didn’t go as well as he’d hoped, DAN decided to bring his team back into the championship where he had another best result of second place at the final round of Silverstone.

But during the first few months, Austins Motorsport had also entered in the TORA touring car championship with a full team of three. But there third driver didn’t race again after the first meeting. Despite this, they still managed a result that was worthy of them being real contenders in TORA with a second place finish in the teams championship and also claiming two race wins in the 2008/2009 season.

Behind the scenes during the 2008/2009 season of the GT Championship, TORA’s and THR’s founder jenson09 was in discussions with DAN 2605 about a very exciting joint project to try and join Austins Motorsport and THR together to be a winning team.
Early season started well with the team with DAN, Plow KR15 and Selective Rogue doing consistency well in the media day test with all three drivers always in the top ten in the timesheets.
During the 2009 season, there were many struggles in the team including the fact that the reigning champion couldn’t continue in the team which meant that DAN 2605 was now the only test driver and tuner within the THR organization. But DAN’s determination shone through despite the struggles. He had beaten the likes of Plow the Butcher and DMR Switch to win five out of the sixteen races to win the drivers title by 41 points. Austins THR Racing had also won the teams championship by a whisker from NJ Carsports.
The GT Championship wasn’t the team’s only success of 2009 as they also won the teams championship in the Le Mans Series with DMR Switch claiming second place in the GT1 Driver’s championship. The teams won two races in the GT1 class that season with one win each for Switch and DAN.

For 2010, Austins Motorsport are planning for even greater things than in 2009 and are trying to get involved in more championships than ever before. So far, they have confirmed their entries in the Le Mans series, GT3 Championship, the Touring Car Masters and the Classic Endurance series. Also, they have hired some of the best and well known drivers in TORA such as DMR Switch, lfcnicklfc, Y22 DJH, The Slim Stoner and Slider S15.

In a quick interview on the team’s official website, DAN 2605 had this to say about the team’s chances for 2010:

“For 2010, our team is really pushing the boat out. We have an even bigger budget than the last few seasons combined. We are entering more championships than ever before which is fantastic news not only to myself but for TORA as a whole. The organization is looking for teams to try and get more involved as we possibly can and I feel that we are going to do just that.
I am really excited about this year because of the fact our team has expanded, we have also been able to hire some of the best and really well known drivers in the TORA community. As a result, our targets this year will be nothing but to win. I feel that we can do an even better job this year than we did in 2009. I feel that my confidence has grown since when I started with TORA and I’m looking forward to getting this new and exciting year underway. I also have 100% belief in my new drivers because I feel that they are going to have a great year with us at Austins Motorsport.

Before I finish, I would like to wish everyone in TORA the best of luck for 2010 and a happy new year to you all”.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit