TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Silverstone GP Preview EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Silverstone GP Preview EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Silverstone GP Preview

Go down

Silverstone GP Preview Empty Silverstone GP Preview

Post by Matt Mon 11 Aug 2008 - 23:08

Silverstone GP Preview Silverstonepreview

So here we are, 9 weeks on at the final round of the Forza2 British GT Championship at the wonderful Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit in England.

The championship couldn't be more exciting, SoW Achill leads on 220 points with TVR Fan1 in second on 185 and Horselegs in third on 182. fourth is Gr33n tortuga on 173 and 5th is Chuckie1982 on 170, just scoring enough points to stay in the title race. SoW Achill looks like he's done enough so far but he still has alot of work to do, just one slip in the heat could cost him his championship so he's going to have to drive very carefully. But he only needs to score 17 points to win the championship, so if he finishes second in his heat then he will win the championship there and then. TVR Fan1 has to score well on sunday to keep his title chances realistic, but he's till going to have to watch his back, because Horselegs is only 3 points behind him and going strong so he could lose second place at the final hurdle. Looking ahead to season 2 there is bound to be a repeat performance of this season, with so many top drivers completing a full season this time like Horselegs, Jimmy Storie and MonkOfMadness2 i think it is going to be the most consistent driver that takes the title next season, not necissarily the fastest.

Championship Standings after Round 8

1. SoW Achill: 220

2. TVR Fan: 185

3. Horselegs: 182

4. GR33N TORTUGA: 173

5. Chucky 1982: 170

6. jenson09: 166

7. Jimmy Storie: 163

8. FIR3STARTER UK: 158

9. Highcroft: 112

10. SoW Sangheli: 104

11. culchi: 101

12. MonkOfMadness2: 96

13. MTR PR3DATOR: 90

14. TLMSUPERSTAR: 74

15. samurai1000: 64

16. Legg2k8: 50

17. flyboypete: 46

18. LilMissNephnie: 36

19. Lord of all joy: 32
This is the second time we have visited Silverstone this season, after racing the first round on the International Circuit. The track consists of 11 corners which involve a range of different styles of turn. [/colour]Silverstone GP Preview Silverstone

Set-up wise the drivers will be looking for a balance between speed and cornering, there is a big long straight here and a slow complex section so it will be interesting to see who comes out fastest, i think that Fir3start3r Uk could spring another good result on us after showing his amazing speed down the straight at Road Atlanta. He'll be one to look out for. Drivers will also be choosing balanced suspension and anti-roll tuning to allow for grippy and also direct steering and SoW Achill used this to good effect at road Atlanta and he will also be looking for a good result to finish off his title campaign. MonkOfMadness is looking to finish off the season with a second win after his win at Sunset Peninsula and a third place at Road Atlanta. Chuckie 1982 will be looking for a good result aswell while he is fifth in the standings, he could jump up a few positions in the tables with a good result.

The team championship is looking very good aswell for the final round, although Jet Alliance Racing are quite a way infront of CCMR. I think SoW Achill could wrap up both titles this weekend if all goes to plan for him. But the CCMR drivers are both fast and they could put in a surprise performance and take the championship in the last round.

Championship Standings after Round 8

1. Jet Alliance Racing: 324

2. CCMR: 271

3. Orange Racing: 232

4. HSBC/Vans THR: 202

5. Northern Star Racing: 187

6. Spark Racing: 185

7. BMW Castrol Racing: 173

8. Vitafone Racing: 112

9. Gulf Aston Martin Racing: 110

10. CRScuderia: 96

11. LG PERT Chevrolet: 90

12. Modena Lambo: 50

Season 2's team championship is going to be even better because there are much more teams joining in and all of them have strong driver line-ups, notably Horselegs and Fir3start3r Uk, who will be a strong force to contend with next season. Team Modena Aston Martin are also still looking for a driver for next season so if you are interested go and have a chat with them about it (i'll almost definitely accept)

So i leave you now looking forward to the last race in the season, it's going to be good and you know you don't want to miss it. As Chuckie said "you just so gotta be there"

Remember if you want to compete in season 2 go to this address britgt.freeforums.org
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down