TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1?

+11
Ax4x Chaddy
AMR JSlim
HCR generaltso
nickyf1
CQR Rogue
Ianmr
LMR DarthMario
ATR DAN
Slider S15
Saint Dean
MetalMaggot66
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which type of racing is Better? NASCAR or Formula 1?

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Vote_lcap17%Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Vote_lcap83%Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 18

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Empty Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1?

Post by MetalMaggot66 Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:40

I've heard this from both sides, now you choose.
MetalMaggot66
MetalMaggot66

TORA Race Number : 59
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-23

http://mmrpracingpainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Empty Re: Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1?

Post by Saint Dean Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:45

i love both, but F1 has pedigree has alot of passion involved in the sport. I cant help but get excited when race day comes.
Saint Dean
Saint Dean

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://www.angelsofaero.com

Back to top Go down

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? Empty Re: Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1?

Post by Slider S15 Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:57

Trick Question, its WRC Razz

but yeh has to be the NASCAR

Call me old fashioned but i love overtaking and cars that look like cars (at least a little)
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:00

Without thinking twice.....or even once for that matter, Formula One.
Nascar is just a bunch of V8 heavy weights driven around by people who have an I.Q level thats lower than 20 and they just drive left all the time. Despite the Nascar events I've done on Forza 3, I still really, really hate it.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:07

NASCAR!!!

i thing i like over the Formula 1, is that if you wreck in F1, your done. in NASCAR, if the damage is repairable, you can get back on the track and finish and not get a DNF. And ive been a fan of NACAR since i was at least 9. the Stock Cars in FM3 is great to have, but they are missing the Camry Stock Car. i would like to see the NASCAR schedule move to more road courses and/or street courses, over some of the boring tracks (Pocono is the first that comes to mind)

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? 4CehZCuWhich is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? 1Im0ehJWhich is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? AZBlrjnWhich is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? SSaUnAU
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? KlHMZuJWhich is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? 1vuHXh0Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? FoUH4rWWhich is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:23

V8 Supercars...........who started this still vote, get them added to it Razz

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? B4mUCeQ
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? C7LquN0
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:34

ok well, what about ALMS / LMS as well.

Far better than F1 and Nascar put together

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 16:54

DAN 2605 wrote:Without thinking twice.....or even once for that matter, Formula One.
Nascar is just a bunch of V8 heavy weights driven around by people who have an I.Q level thats lower than 20 and they just drive left all the time. Despite the Nascar events I've done on Forza 3, I still really, really hate it.

No, you are completely wrong Dan! Its a small minority of people that watch NASCAR that give it such a bad name! There is alot of skill required to drive one of these things! The ONLY thing I dont like about NASCAR is the corporate side of it.

Stock Car racing in america is like touring car racing in Europe, it has many different divisions with the NASCAR sanctioned series being the pinacle, remember, you have, ARCA, Late Models, Modifieds, asphalt, dirt, Sprint Cars, Midgets, USAC Sliver Crown's, Karts, everything! Oval racing is the backbone of motorsports in the USA, and believe me, driving a stock car at a competitive pace around a 2 mile speedway is possibly even more difficult than driving around any of these new modern road courses with miles and miles of run-off and 100000 metre wide tracks. Tracks range from around 1/8th of a mile to the 2.66 Miles of Talladega, both dirt and asphalt.

Stock car drivers certainly dont have an IQ of lower than 20! Sure, its fine to not enjoy NASCAR, thats fine, but they certainly are not stupid people who are involved, they are all still racing drivers, just as skilled in their type of racing as any other driver is skilled in his.

And many people don't know this, but the amount of development that goes into building a Sprint Cup engine is on the same level as Formula 1, the top teams even EMPLOY ex-Formula 1 designers/builders to do the engine side of things, top teams like Hendrick and Roush spend 10's of Millions of dollars a year in Engine dev.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 16:57

And one more thing, NASCAR, or Stock Car racing, isn't about staying in a line, they only do that 4 times a year at the RP tracks, lots of lifting, braking and set-up work is required at every other track. You need the perfect car, and you need the perfect line, but at the same time you need to be able to race with everyone which means you have to compromise your line that you are most comfortable with.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:04

DAN 2605 wrote:Without thinking twice.....or even once for that matter, Formula One.

And dan i am sure that all NASCAR drivers could beat you in a race!!

If i were you dan i would think about what you are sayign, you dont want these comments finding there way onto a NASCAR or Stock car fan base site.

Small english boy hated by over half the South of the U.S........they have guns remember Razz

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? B4mUCeQ
Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? C7LquN0
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 18:36

nickyf1 wrote:

No, you are completely wrong Dan! Its a small minority of people that watch NASCAR that give it such a bad name! There is alot of skill required to drive one of these things! The ONLY thing I dont like about NASCAR is the corporate side of it.

Stock Car racing in america is like touring car racing in Europe, it has many different divisions with the NASCAR sanctioned series being the pinacle, remember, you have, ARCA, Late Models, Modifieds, asphalt, dirt, Sprint Cars, Midgets, USAC Sliver Crown's, Karts, everything! Oval racing is the backbone of motorsports in the USA, and believe me, driving a stock car at a competitive pace around a 2 mile speedway is possibly even more difficult than driving around any of these new modern road courses with miles and miles of run-off and 100000 metre wide tracks. Tracks range from around 1/8th of a mile to the 2.66 Miles of Talladega, both dirt and asphalt.

Stock car drivers certainly dont have an IQ of lower than 20! Sure, its fine to not enjoy NASCAR, thats fine, but they certainly are not stupid people who are involved, they are all still racing drivers, just as skilled in their type of racing as any other driver is skilled in his.

And many people don't know this, but the amount of development that goes into building a Sprint Cup engine is on the same level as Formula 1, the top teams even EMPLOY ex-Formula 1 designers/builders to do the engine side of things, top teams like Hendrick and Roush spend 10's of Millions of dollars a year in Engine dev.

not to mention alot of NASCAR drivers have also been very successful in many other disciplines of motor racing.

as far as the politics of it goes. well thats just because of money...but at least this year they are adding more horsepower and letting bump drafting come back cheers
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR JSlim Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 22:16

Dont believe this question has even been asked. F1 without a doubt.

AMR JSlim

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 22:42

f1 due to the fact its worldwide
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by BrnoutJerzey Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 6:02

FIA GT

ugh.. i mean F1

Nascar isn't too exciting, the cars dont look good, the ovals are unbelievably dull compared to gp circuits. but even just the difference in tracks makes F1 so much better for me, they cause the great overtakes that Nascar cant compete with
BrnoutJerzey
BrnoutJerzey

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 12:40

NASCAR without thinking!

I dont watch Formula One, but and I can't help but yawn when I see some weird spaceship-looking things that whine uncontrollably run around a track. NASCAR is the true need for speed with speeds reaching almost 200 constantly, instead of stopping for every corner. I would hardly call Formula One close racing compared to NASCAR though as well.
In NASCAR, theres bump drafting, rubbing, and so much more contact involved compared to Formula One where a good hit or two, and your done. I find NASCAR so much mroe appealing paint-wise because theres always some good colors or designs in a field, compared to the boring looking F1 cars.
Sure, NASCAR is going in circles turning left, but people bashing NASCAR never go any further because they know there is so much work and things behind it. I preferably find NASCAR wrecks so much more exciting because theres is limited room to move, usually hit wall or crash into the wreck. I grew up with NASCAR, so I am indeed partial. As expensive and complicated F1 is, I still find it totally boring and usually flip channels when I see F1 races. Basically F1 = Yawn, NASCAR = Razz
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 13:02

NASCAR is incredibl...y boring.

I tried to get into it in 2008 and gave up after watching the same damn race week after week.

I prefer F1 vastly, but Touring Cars is even better. None of that World nonsense, BTCC, DTC or STCC are the best.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 13:24

Agian LMS/ALMS, LEMANS 24, Nurburing 24, Britcar 24 lol Very Happy Razz

Which is better? NASCAR or Formula 1? 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 15:28

I hate both tbf.

Sportscar racing is where its at, that is the pinnacle of engineering excellence, not F1.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BrnoutJerzey Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 16:55

XTI Avenger wrote:NASCAR without thinking!

I dont watch Formula One, but and I can't help but yawn when I see some weird spaceship-looking things that whine uncontrollably run around a track. NASCAR is the true need for speed with speeds reaching almost 200 constantly, instead of stopping for every corner. I would hardly call Formula One close racing compared to NASCAR though as well.
In NASCAR, theres bump drafting, rubbing, and so much more contact involved compared to Formula One where a good hit or two, and your done. I find NASCAR so much mroe appealing paint-wise because theres always some good colors or designs in a field, compared to the boring looking F1 cars.
Sure, NASCAR is going in circles turning left, but people bashing NASCAR never go any further because they know there is so much work and things behind it. I preferably find NASCAR wrecks so much more exciting because theres is limited room to move, usually hit wall or crash into the wreck. I grew up with NASCAR, so I am indeed partial. As expensive and complicated F1 is, I still find it totally boring and usually flip channels when I see F1 races. Basically F1 = Yawn, NASCAR = Razz
you must have a strange taste in cars to think the highest level of motorsport on the planet has ugly cars with bad liveries. Most people (including me) think the cars look great. If I had a choice, I'd watch GT racing, rally and touring cars more often but I don't
BrnoutJerzey
BrnoutJerzey

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 19:08

well what is the thread based on? Looks, Cars, drivers, fans, world status, popularity?
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:34

BrnoutJerzey wrote:
you must have a strange taste in cars to think the highest level of motorsport on the planet has ugly cars with bad liveries. Most people (including me) think the cars look great. If I had a choice, I'd watch GT racing, rally and touring cars more often but I don't
Maybe not neccesarily the liveries, but i do believe the cars are ugly. I've watched the BTCC before, but that bores me just as much. I find NASCAR has some amazing liveries, and looking back at seasons as early as the 90's, I am still amazed at the beauty of some of them. I just can't find that beauty in F1, especially because those cars don't even look like cars to me, with their really low profile body, big tires, and wings. NASCAR is a bit silly, if you just look at it like cars going in circles, but if you really look at the racing, its just as close, if not better than any racing. It's alllll my opinion; my Southern tastes living up here in the midwest.
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrnoutJerzey Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:45

i think Nascar liveries are pretty cluttered with advertisements to be honest, but thats just the nature of the sport, super duper commercial
BrnoutJerzey
BrnoutJerzey

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:55

Avenger are you serious the BTCC is one of the most exciting series i have ever watched there is no other form of racing quite like this *cough* Nascar fanboy *cough* Wink
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:58

BrnoutJerzey wrote:but thats just the nature of the sport, super dup...er commercial

no, thats just the nature of running a successful business.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 22:00

XTI Avenger wrote:my Southern tastes living up here in the midwest.

> Southern

> Chicago

damn yankee.

how can you not like BTCC? it's pretty exciting...good racing.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next