TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread

+6
HCR generaltso
Biggsy tv
lfcnicklfc
Ianmr
WWR Chillz
JAMIE ANDERS0N
10 posters

Go down

MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread Empty MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 20:01

This Tuesday is Meeting 5, Rounds 13, 14 & 15 at La Sarthe (Bugatti Track) starting at 20:00

Don’t forget to sign in on the main website for this event, if you fail to sign in before two of the start of the event you will miss Qualifying and start at the back of the grid.

At the last meeting we saw WWR Chillz topping the tables, will he do the same this time? Let’s look at the top 3 finishes of the last event

1st – WWR Chillz (Race 1 & 2 Winner)
2nd – Ianmr (Race 3 Winner)
3rd – WWR Aero

Now let’s look at the tables and see who’s where.

Drivers Championship
1st – WWR Chillz -434 Net Points
2nd - Ianmr - 355 Net Points
3rd – WWR Aero - 347 Net Points

Teams Championship
1st – Pizza Capers Aero Dynamics - 954 Points
2nd – Scuderia Martini - 817 Points
3rd – Rizla M&M Racing - 765 Points

With the racing be so close anything could happen here. Will we have anyone else top the broad?

Times
To Be Added

Lets discuss, How’s your car handling? Do you like this track? Who do you think will win this event?
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread Empty Re: MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread

Post by WWR Chillz Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 20:29

1:48.947 so far.
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread Empty Re: MINI Challenge Meeting 5 Bugatti Discussion thread

Post by WWR Chillz Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 18:47

1:48.860 Clean.
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 19:07

1:48.564 Clean Lap.
See you all tonight!
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 19:09

Just away to start testing the car, god I hate this track lol
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 19:18

Tonights odds of Chillz winning a race 1/1F
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 21:41

Yay the odds came through on Chillz Razz
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 21:47

AMAZING start for Race two!!

Replay on storefront, 7th to 1st by the first corner! Wink

and from the sounds of it, I'm the only one without a SI. Weds going to be busy for the staff.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 22:13

I lagged out on lap 6 not lap 5
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 22:23

I still need spotters pics for:

RU18QT
AAR RayH
Crisis Nine

Please get these to me like...yesterday....seriously.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 10:21

What was the racing like around here??

Its really narrow so im guessing its not great... Just woundering for the TCM...
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 11:01

Apart from turn one there's no major bottlenecks. But if ur stuck behind somebody you better hope ur faster than them on the straights coz thats the straight only place ur gona get past. I know Aero got stuck behind me in two races and couldn't get past until i made a mistake.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 11:04

Crisis Nine wrote:Apart from turn one there's no major bottlenecks. But if ur stuck behind somebody you better hope ur faster than them on the straights coz thats the straight only place ur gona get past. I know Aero got stuck behind me in two races and couldn't get past until i made a mistake.

Thats what i was afraid of.... Sad

So F1 Style Processions to look forward to... great Sad
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 11:49

Nah there was lots of action mate. Chillz still managed to get from last to first or last to second so its not all boring at all.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 17:17

I had the fastest lap in race 1 Cool

i want my bonus point!
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwiss Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:14

I had some disk troubles which was the reason why I couldn't even qualify. But it's interesting as I've just done some laps in my Mini round Bugatti with a little bit of tuning on a base setup and I've managed a best lap of 1'50.5, which would have put me 2nd on the grid in Lobby A! Insane! Razz

woodwiss

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:24

I think the track has good opportunities to pass, but it is all about the run out of the previous corner. There is no good being right up behind somebody in the middle of the corner because you have to follow them around the corner at their speed and therefore exit at the same speed making it very difficult to overtake. You need to set up the overtake 1, 2 or even more corners before the corner you want to make the pass. Eg. Try dropping back slightly before the corner and take a later apex to get on the power earlier than your opponent, this will lead to greater exit speed and allow you to pull alongside them down the straight making a pass much easier and much safer, rather than a late lunge on the brakes.
Eg. Bugatti 1st chicane. Aero goes in too hot, comes out slow. I pass on the exit leading down to the off camber long right hander. I would say you can pass at nearly every corner around this track. Watch the replay from either race 1 or 2 where I had to overtake several cars. Corner exit is so much more important than corner entry.
See you all in the TCM's!!!
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:35

I agree you need to set your car up to get good exits when your overtaking Chillz's example is a great one you cant beat a good overtake Very Happy
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:39

Winning races is nice, but overtaking is where the most fun is. Very Happy
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwiss Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:41

Winning after you've passed a load of people is much more satisfying than winning from the front. Means more because you know you had to earn it rather than just start from the front and pull away by yourself. Smile

woodwiss

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:48

The entry and exit affects the speed into and out of the corner onto the following straight. A late apex is used to maximize the acceleration onto the following straight. In contrast, an early apex maximizes the use of speed from the incoming straight; this is used when approaching a corner where the following straight is a lot shorter than the straight before the corner. Hitting the apex in the middle is a reasonable way to take a corner, keeping a good speed constant into and out of the corner, and maximizing mid-corner minimum speed.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:49

Maybe we should come up with a few tutorials on overtaking like do's and dont's what do you think?
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:51

Do not hit the cars around you

and dont hit the cars around you.

Laughing
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:54

very funny Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koprlc1T4sw

maybe something like this?
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by WWR Chillz Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 19:03

That's what happened to me. In race one I started on pole and got taken out by my team mate on turn 1 and dropped to 5th position with some damage, but managed to work my way up through the field and take the win. Race 2, I started from last and worked my way through the mini's up to 1st position. I agree, winning from the back is very enjoyable because of the wheel to wheel action during the race.
WWR Chillz
WWR Chillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down