TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
The SBR Challenge 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

The SBR Challenge 3

Go down

The SBR Challenge 3 Empty The SBR Challenge 3

The time has come for SBR to announce our third challenge, this time a break in the tradition of drift events, this time it's a one model, time attack style race.

The event will feature the Honda Civic Type R MUGEN 3D, the tracks will be kept secret to stop people practicing Very Happy Hopefully we will have a full lobby for this, the cars are very good as standard, so should produce some close racing.

I'm working on a number box which must be displayed on each side, under the wing mirror area.

The cars will be STANDARD and tuning is also banned. There will be no TCS, ABS, STM. Automatic gearbox is allowed, racing line will be on for those that need it, limited damage, collisions will be off.

Below is the list of entrants, there is no provision for a teams championship, but feel free to band together in similarly painted cars Smile Sharing of sponsors is allowed, but please try to make your paints different to other peoples (unless you are racing together). Please pm me for the number box, and when you have that an action shot of your car So I can make the spotters guide.

As a side note, if you don't have the number boxes on your car or don't pm me a spotters guide picture of your car, you will suffer a 1 second penalty to your time. If your best registered lap is a slower clean lap then that's tough luck I'm afraid, so make sure your best lap shows Wink

1 - Sam Billing1991, SBR Castrol Honda
2 - Slider S15, TBA
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The SBR Challenge 3 :: Comments

Post Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 18:45 by x Gashi x

When?

Back to top Go down

HCR generaltso

Post Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 19:14 by HCR generaltso

ooo in.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 19:38 by Sam Billing1991

Excellent Very Happy

Just to make people aware, I mistakenly posted with Slider's account, all PM's regarding this should be addressed to me Smile

No date as yet, I'm still checking to make sure I'm not going to conflict with any other events.

I'm thinking a friday or saturday night, around 9pm GMT. Possibly the 17th of April

Back to top Go down

Britracer

Post Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 19:46 by Britracer

Im up for it

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 22:51 by XTI Avenger

I'm up as long as I can do it!!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Apr 2010 - 23:51 by Sam Billing1991

Cool Smile I'm intending for this to go ahead on Friday 16th or Saturday 17th of april. This is about a week and a half away, so plenty of time for people to sign up Very Happy

When is a good time for everyone? I'm thinking start about 9pm GMT and race for about an hour to an hour and a half.

The number box is very nearly finished, I just have a few finishing touches before I'm happy to send it out. Please PM me if you want to attend, that way I can keep a log og who I have to send the boxes out to.

So far the list stands at;

1) Sam Billing1991 - SBR Castrol
2) Slider S15 - TBA
3) gen3ral ts0 - TBA
4) Britracer - TBA
5) XTI Avenger - TBA

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 2:42 by x Gashi x

I should be able to race in this if it is Friday. Saturday I have a family reunion to go to. You will have my final say when you figure out if it is Friday or Saturday. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

HCR generaltso

Post Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 3:16 by HCR generaltso

I would prefer friday as well.

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 3:18 by XTI Avenger

Darn, so far outvoted if I say Saturday..

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 21:44 by x Gashi x

It looks like the porsche supercup race will be on Friday. Best bet would be to run this Saturday? Have a great time guys!

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 23:52 by XTI Avenger

This still going on?

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 23:54 by Slider S15

not sure i think it will but maybe not this weekend due to outside forces pulling us both away, i'll try and contact sam in the morning.

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 23:57 by XTI Avenger

Aww, well if it's not I need to know cause somewhat of an emergency has happened and have to take priority.

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 23:59 by Slider S15

i'll let you know as soon as i can but if its an emergency its out of our hands.

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 0:00 by XTI Avenger

Yeah, no prob. Its an emergency for someone else but if this happens to last more than 2 -2.5 hrs, I may be out.

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Sat 17 Apr 2010 - 0:02 by Slider S15

ok mate i'll let you know as soon as i can, as im not running this (like previous SBR Challenges) i cant comment, i know i cant make it so it may be a case of putting this off and rescheduleing it.

Like i said i'll contact Sam in the Morning.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 9 May 2010 - 16:59 by Sam Billing1991

Hi guys, sorry about not keeping this going, I've honestly not had the time due to work commitments and some other stuff going on at home Sad This is evidenced by my not being on the site at all recently, which I have missed.

This can still go ahead if people want it to, if not the SBR X Games can take it's place as the 3rd SBR challenge. I want to run it ASAP so as to not interfere with the X Games Very Happy so please let me know Smile

I'd prefer a friday night, probably the 21st of May, start time around 9pm GMT. If anyone still wants to do this I will keep a provisional list, to get on it please PM ME, with a pic of the car you will be using, this will serve as a spotters guide in the official results thread (I'll be putting the replays up on my storefront so other members can watch)

Back to top Go down

JAMIE ANDERS0N

Post Sun 9 May 2010 - 17:36 by JAMIE ANDERS0N

The next free Friday (CGN) is 4th June, the week following the sbr x games

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Sun 9 May 2010 - 17:44 by Richy59

ck was planning one of these, i dunno if you want to talk to him and combine them?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 10 May 2010 - 15:55 by Sam Billing1991

It doesn't have to be a friday, TBH a saturday would be even better for me (also no TORA stuff going on afaik) I'll have a chat with Slider and see what he says, might have to set this up on 4th June to get anyone to turn up XD

I might, but I want this to be an SBR thing, rather than just the idea behind it, which then gets altered with no input from me (Series 1 of the Time Attack on fm2 springs to mind)

If anyone needs to borrow a car (they're 52k each, so understandable if you don't want to buy one) then let me know, I will purchase enough for those that ask, so that they may compete, the only condition is that the car is returned ASAP Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down