TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap''

+3
ckBrenneke
Matt
nickyf1
7 posters

Go down

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Empty Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap''

Post by nickyf1 Fri 14 May 2010 - 20:05

STS-132 has just launched from the Kennedy Space Centre, a perfect launch, she ticked all the boxes, amazing spectacle to watch! Its the first time I have ever watched a live space launch, and it takes on a whole different level from watching replays. Even my two brothers, both 2 and 7 years old ''Got'' it, my youngest brother even waved out the window at the sky to the ''nomnomnauts''. Seeing the earth below on the screen was kinda like looking up there, and then looking back down on yourself. Smile

I hope you guys in Cocoa and around Flordia enjoyed it, I hear its very conjested down there.

Atlantis will deliver a new module to the ISS, the Russian Dawn ''MRM-1'' Module, which brings an extra Soviet era docking port to the station, used by the Manned Soyuz and Unmanned Progress vehicles.

This launch marks the ''beggining of the end'' for NASA's Space Shuttle Programme, a Programme that will end just short of 30 years. At the time of STS-1, the first Shuttle Launch, it was only 20 years since Al Shepard went up on a Ballistic flight in what was basically, a 5ft 4 man-in-a-can mission. The Shuttle set out to show that a Space Craft could launch and land, and be used again, along with its rockets. It also set out to build a Space Station, and it achieved both of these things.

Just STS-133 and STS-134 to go (provided none of the orbiters get damaged in orbit, which would initiate an STS-300 procedure, which would be Atlantis)

So, discuss and pay tributes to one of the most marvelous machines in the history of mankind Smile
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Empty Re: Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap''

Post by Matt Fri 14 May 2010 - 20:10

"These were the voyages......" Sad

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EwVLgo3
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Empty Re: Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap''

Post by ckBrenneke Fri 14 May 2010 - 20:38

I still remember watching the Challenger launch, I was just 7 years old. I remember my mum and my gran holding each other watching the aftermath as the debris fell, and even though I didn't really fully understand what was going on, I still knew what had happened. Harrowing stuff.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Fri 14 May 2010 - 21:32

damn. never did get to see one launch...

i saw one on the pad one time though, that was pretty cool.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 14 May 2010 - 22:06

You have two more chances General Smile

A Trans-Atlantic Abort Landing at RAF Campbeltown would make my year Smile

A little something I made in Orbiter: Space Flight Simulator. I'm really bad at it, because y'know, I'm not an astronaut, I messed up the launch and ended up in a really high Ballistic Trajectory (Orbit calculation instrument calculated I would re-enter across Africa, crashing into the West Coast...) But I managed to get into an extremely high altitude above the earth. So I bring you my Tribute to Atlantis Smile

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Atlantisy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 14 May 2010 - 23:27

Couldn't help but recreate the flight patch while I was on Orbiter... Yes I'm sad.

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts132patch.th
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Atlantis2h.th

This Pic just happened to be taken over the South of England.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 14 May 2010 - 23:37

Yes, more posting, I appologise... For those interested, here is a link to a satelite image of earth with STS-132 and the ISS' (Zarya module, not like it matters lol) Orbits tracked.

http://www.n2yo.com/?s=36572|25544

(copy/paste entire link for ISS vs STS)
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Fri 14 May 2010 - 23:52

nickyf1 wrote:I hope you guys in Cocoa and around Flordia enjoyed it, I hear its very conjested down there.

I was tuck in an Effing Traffic jam for two hours trying to get to work, so very congested is putting it lightly seeing how it normally takes me 25 minutes, but other than that yes very very beautiful launch with no clouds in the sky, roll on with the next one i say, and if i can i'll take a video of it and load it up for all to see!

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' KSm7RyiSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' XnUPi68Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' WNF2dBuSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' BYYxxh5Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EoWXJFzSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' KsRDGim
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:02

Please do Louis Smile

Wow, I went away for 10 or so minutes and its went from middle of the South Pacific to middle of Southern Canada Smile Thats Lap 1 almost completed Wink
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:07

orbits the earth every hour and a half nicky traveling at 17,500 MPH

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' KSm7RyiSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' XnUPi68Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' WNF2dBuSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' BYYxxh5Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' EoWXJFzSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' KsRDGim
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:08

and PS it's done almost 4 circulations now

Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:22

slow
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:23

One lap an hour, what a boring race. Oh well, there is always replays on storefronts. Lol.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:26

here are some pictures of the last shuttle mission (STS-131) comming in for landing. (photo's courtesey of my Father who took them... he works there)

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts-1310
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts-1311
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts-1312
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts-1313
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts-1314
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' Sts-1315

Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:28

F4H Gashi X wrote:One lap an hour, what a boring race. Oh well, there is always replays on storefronts. Lol.

it's a massive racetrack man!

Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:40

this time, in the telemetry, it saying 17,500 MPH isnt a glitch

Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' 4CehZCuSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' 1Im0ehJSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' AZBlrjnSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' SSaUnAU
Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' KlHMZuJSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' 1vuHXh0Space Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' FoUH4rWSpace Shuttle Programme on its ''last lap'' N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sat 15 May 2010 - 0:42

time wont matter switch they wont pass tech without the TORA window bannar hahahahahaha!

Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sat 15 May 2010 - 1:08

Nice photos Louis Smile
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down