TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit)

+15
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Avenger
Ianmr
nickyf1
RichXM655
CQR Rogue
Stonewall458
CQR Aero
x Gashi x
CQR Champion
ckBrenneke
Matt
HCR generaltso
X3R Monkey
JAMIE ANDERS0N
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 Empty Re: TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit)

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 23:43

gen3ral ts0 wrote:a great qualifying followed by a really hard first two races...but then the last race, the lower A-lobby people get hosed because of the lobby selection process..

so ultimately the whole thing felt very frustrating and futile

Not sure I get what you mean.

Lobby A had two of the three races where they were top lobby for points. We've done this reversal in every season we've run only this time we've randomised which of the remaining lobbies get the reversal.

Tonight, if anything, you were the victims of the TCCs success in that we had four lobbies running, meaning the points gap was greater than any other time we've used this method. Had it been lobby D that came up to become lobby A, you'd have become B and been up for good points. But under the old rules, lobby A would have automatically become lobby D, there was no randomisation.

We've said from the very beginning the middle lobbies are great for consistent points, and that's been proved tonight. But on another night, the luck may go a very different way. Regardless, lobby A results carry the biggest points hauls per race and that is worth fighting for.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - Page 2 Empty Re: TCC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread – Maple Valley (Full Circuit)

Post by XTI Jon Snow Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 23:51

Lobby D had it worst. we had minimal points in the first 2 races, and after the random generator, we only moved up one spot
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 0:22

Scot wrote:
Not sure I get what you mean.

why not.

go look up the words futile and frustrating. reflect on their meanings for a second. then reflect on the situation from my perspective. to qualify where i did. then in overall points finish behind someone that finished last in each of their lobby (no offense stonewall)

you even admitted we were "victims" of the success...the randomization could have gone any other way, but it didnt and so that is frustrating and to have the positions in the last race come down to a random roll of the dice can make the whole thing feel futile at times. given the situation and context, i think its warranted.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 0:38

Well I really enjoyed tonight, Race 2 was epic, strated 6th and got past ck after fred tapped him out the way then got past fred and britracer in the same corner then was behind biggs for quite a few laps then finally got past him but could get past richs BMW.

Race 3 was just bad for me a minor semi roll and a major roll.

Vid of the minor semi roll.