TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers

+9
x Gashi x
LMR DarthMario
Pebb
garyp3398
Slider S15
X3R Monkey
XTI Avenger
its troff
Richy59
13 posters

Go down

Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers Empty Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers

Post by Richy59 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 17:15

Ok guys, it was apparent last night during our testing that you could easily cut a second off of your lap by skipping over the green tarmac on 3 corners towards the end of the lap. This is something I wish to avoid. I know alot of you guys are fair racers and won't do it intentionally. I know that when 3-4 cars are battling each other they may have to take avoiding action across the green stuff, thats fine. But what I don't want to see is blatent use of the green tarmac to gain an advantage lap after lap, especially during qualifying. I am putting this warning up that I expect everybody to actually drive around the chicanes at the end. If you don't and you gain a clear advantage and you do it consitantly then I will be handing our either points penalties at the end of the race or qualifying penalties for the next round. We obviously can't sit and watch all the qualy laps during the time between qualy and the first race so these will all be viewed after the meeting tonight.

Here is some pics of what I am talking about:

CORRECT

Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers 4923931106_bbe70b810b
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers 4923336799_50f6b23d9e
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers 4923336639_1d506d0e92

INCORRECT

Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers 4923931640_68b789a9e1
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers 4923931446_dd26774e58
Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers 4923336055_497d18186e

Like I said, I think everyone will try have clean laps and will stick to the boundries of the track. The CORRECT versions I have posted is the LIMIT we will be going to, less would be better but you are still on the track at those points.

Constant skipping will give you a penalty. I realize that racing and out breaking yourself can cause you to have to take to the green tarmac unintentionally. I accept that. Just some common sense will be fine.

Cheers Very Happy
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers Empty Re: Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers

Post by its troff Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 17:34

I wish we could go back to the old time penalty system from FM2.
its troff
its troff

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers Empty Re: Catalunya National Corner Cutting - Warning to all drivers

Post by XTI Avenger Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:01

I thought cutting the last green tarmac actually slowed your car down like sticky tarmac..
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by X3R Monkey Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:09

I understand the rule but in the heat of the moment it's tough to get right.
I never try to cut but sometimes you overcook it and if you try to correct it then you lose so so much more time.

Anyway look at Plato, tell him not to take Copse wide, he did all race long Rolling Eyes
X3R Monkey
X3R Monkey

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-04-04

http://www.x360racer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:10

Yeh but were stricter here at TORA, If we say no we mean it and you shall feel our wrath!! Razz lol
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:18

@ Monkey - Yeah I know exactly what you mean, and yes its inevitable that you will skip over them at some point I just wouldn' t like to see it happen during qualifying and all night.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:52

@Avenger - Nah it doesn't, those lines I took in the pics were at full speed and the sticky stuff didn't catch me once. Worst bit of track in FM3 imo for it
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:54

Basically more than two wheels off the track and its illegal.I thought untill last night there was sticking grass there.
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 18:55

Pretty much
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 19:47

Anyone caught doing it, should be made to do some gardening.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 22:14

This is why sometimes i wished the old catalunya layout was usable
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 1:08

You wouldn't need to worry about this, if you mandated that all qualifying laps were certified. Turn off the collisions, require certified laps, and ban corner cutting. It is my biggest pet pieve from everyone that I bring over to TORA. It just doesn't seem realistic if you allow people to draft, or corner cut, during qualifying. During the race, if you have the standard in place that you will try and certify all of your laps, you will have cleaner racers avoiding cutting the track whenever possible.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Avenger Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 2:03

AAR Gashi wrote:You wouldn't need to worry about this, if you mandated that all qualifying laps were certified.
I like that idea, but I always try to keep all of my qualifying laps dirty. This prevents me from ruining qualifying by using my start lap if it happens to be my only clean lap. I do have to purposely dirty it up sometimes but never by cutting a corner; usually me sticking a few wheels in the dirt on the straightaway. If anything, that slows me down but then people can't say I cut corners or have any advantages. Plus, I don't have to stick with a laptime 4-5 seconds slower because I run a clean lap. I never really noticed if collisions are on or off, but I'm a little confused on how you would know if the laps are cleaner. I suppose if the laptimes show up in order, that would be the biggest hint, but at least personally, I have never been able to see if other people's laps are clean or not. I definitely do believe a few more restrictions are in order if we want cleaner fairer times and races, though with all the changes going on, I wouldn't worry about this stuff right now though.
XTI Avenger
XTI Avenger

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://xtiracing.homeip.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 4:37

If you run with collisions off, you won't uncertify your lap by drafting. If you compare by best lap, the drivers with clean laps will be ahead of a driver with a dirty lap, no matter what the time is.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 7:43

But lets say someone quilys but only with dirty laps then what happens gashi?
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 8:12

There lap time will still be the quicker time but the clean lap will be displayed at the top of the list even if slower on the compair fastest lap setting, I don't think we should worry to much as there ain't to many tracks you can cut and go a hole lot faster, but last night was one.
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR JSlim Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 17:13

Why don't you just make everyone do a clean run on the first lap. I know it's frustrating if you mess the rest of your laps up but tbh I would prefer if you HAVE to set a clean time. If your best lap is dirty then you should be behind the slowest CLEAN time.

Yes i suppose an exception can be made at certain tracks, take Le Sarthe for example...getting round there clean is an achievement in itself but getting a clean lap round Catalunya, Suzuka, Silverstone etc really isn't hard.

AMR JSlim

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 17:17

is there any penaltys from qualy?
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 17:25

No
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by its troff Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 18:34

VVV Slim wrote:If your best lap is dirty then you should be behind the slowest CLEAN time.

I think thats a bit harsh. The problem is that the flagged laps don't really differentiate between cheating and just being a bit sloppy.

You could drop it on the exit of a corner or touch the grass on the straight and both of these things will slow you down but you'd end up penalised the same way as someone who was going out of their way to cut a corner.

I know the argument that in five or so laps you should be able to run at least one clean lap. But the pressure to go fast and get it right on the night can really get to you and I know I've had to do a few heroic last laps to save my qualifying before now.

And like Ian said theres only a few tracks (its open for debate) we use that you're going to get that much benefit from cutting anyway.
its troff
its troff

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 18:41

I don't think any of us are daft enough to go cutting all the corners. We're all clean and fair racers I just posted this a friendly reminder was all Smile
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down