TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

General Discussion

+32
narboza22
JeffH16
VVV GunDaM
Captain Handbag
Rickard_Olsson
AAR PacMan
Stonewall458
F4H Bullet
EZT PDILLY77
ckBrenneke
GTR Evoluzione
Bob Dixon 76
VVV Grimm
CQR Senna
AMR JSlim
CQR Rogue
TG Wormburner
culchi
Matt
ATR DAN
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
Richy59
CQR The Butcher
johnnyboy360
CQR Aero
Radiation Louis
lfcnicklfc
AMR of the Apex
JAMIE ANDERS0N
nickyf1
LMR DarthMario
36 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General Discussion

Post by lfcnicklfc Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 12:07

DAN 2605 wrote:Magic, I don't want to cause trouble by saying this but sometimes you have to accept that you ain't gonna win everything. As you probably know by now in the virtual as well as the real world the Peugeot is a much stronger car than the Audi and my Aston Martin. Last nights test proved that.
We have to acknowledge the TORA staff for trying to make these cars as close as possible but the Peugeot is the only car on the grid thats complete, even with a slight power disadvantage. And they have really good drivers in them.

I'm not complaining about last night. I thought it was a good test because I was surprised to be within 3,000ft of Nick's Peugeot in my Aston. Tsukuba is going to be even worse for me because my best laptime around there so far is a 45.1xx and the Audi and Peugeot is gonna be much better around there thanks to their handling advantage. So as Nick says, every car has it's advantages and disadvantages at each circuit.

We're closer than you think around Tsukuba, my best is a 45.1 as well Cool
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 12:23

Just a couple of other points:

@Richy
"The point of the ISCC is to pick a car that you feel comfortable in for the long haul."

If that's so remove the car number strictions. We had little to no choice as the Audi was pretty much the last one a Team could pick. I wonder why especially after last seasons domination.

"Last season with the restrictors off of both models of Audi ther was zero chance of the other cars having a fair race against them."

Last season there were no Poiwer strictions to utilise. This year there are and testing shows they produce fair results."

"If your suggesting that we change the PIs for every leg of the championship then that isn't the ethos of Le Mans racing."

The real world has the same regs for all, so its what ever you can muster to be cpmpetitive against others with the same aim. In TORA the balancing occurs to make this happen. So in ethos, the cars for both the 3 and over all championship/s must be balanced, as car number restrictions stop everyone from picking the best car available, balancing needs to be as good as possible.

"It's not very fair for us to change PIs now as if it makes your cars too good in an overall race"

Not what I asked for or even proved. All I ask is to be competitive which is where the R15 currently falls down.

"
I know it's not nice, but maybe you will just have to make the most out of the Asian rounds"

The ASIAN rounds are a Championship. Should this be the only Championship we were planning to compete in, then there really is absolutley no point, wouldn't you agree. Otherwise, scrap the three individual championships.

@DAN 2605

"you have to accept that you ain't gonna win everything"

You must know me better than that by now!!1 Not only do I race in cockpit with no assists, I help any competitor that want's it and never want an advantage over anyone else. If I don't win fair and square I'm not interested. Plus the only championship I've won at TORA is the Drift championship, in which I picked to rediculous cars, the Porsche Panomara and the Datsun 510, it went down to the wire and was very close and intense.

In the LMS last year we even had our car taken away from us, the panoz. Got in with it in the Jaguar. Could have easily won that championship in GT2 but walked away from it.

I'm clean whenever I can be and often get accused of causing incidents that the accuser has initiated, and on the main I say nothing. So, I am actually quite offended by that statement Dan.

"I'm not complaining about last night. I thought it was a good test because I was surprised to be within 3,000ft of Nick's Peugeot in my Aston."

Good for you. I agree, if i'd been anywhere near you I'd not be 'complaining' or should we say stating my case!! I ended up over 9,000 ft behind you Dan. That's not competitive in anyones book, Plus the race will have half the time again on top. I could be lapped by nick in the actual race!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 13:55

I said it wrong didn't I? What I meant was that I wasn't complaining about the test last night rather than you complaining magic. I am brilliant when it comes to putting things together........not. lol Razz
You do have a slight (only a slight) case with the Audi but it ain't for me to judge on that one.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 14:28

RIGHT.

IM HAPPY TO WAIT AND SEE AS WITH TCS I SOMEHOW HAVE DONE A 1.34.042 AROUND MOTEGI. THIS IS COMPETITIVE!!!

SORRY I HAVE ONLY JUST MANAGED COMPETITIVE TIMES. MY APOLOGIES.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 14:44

So basically you're admitting you were being a nutter driving with TCS off?!? We could have told you that ages ago! Razz
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 14:53

lol.....im admitting Im wrong and stupid and stubbon all in one go!! It has taken me ages to get quick with TCS on though as I wouldn't have posted before had I managed to click with it before hand. Sorry for wasting peoples time.

I stand corrected ;O(

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 17:51

LOL its cool Magic, the R15 with out TCS is a nightmare, I tried last year without TCS and it was lets just say felt at home in the sand lol

Hope you get on well 2mw dude, R15 is an overlooked car Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 19:11

cheers duncan. Its taken ALOT of work but I think we are nearly there.

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sun 30 Jan 2011 - 20:50

Magic just informed me of the live timer. That is quite fast and nice. Highlight of my day after I ran like garbage in my qualy
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 19:29

You probably know already, but tsukuba is gonna be crazy.
Do you want the evidence? Just search for a replay on the storefront called "tsukuba test". Its basically me driving around tsukuba with 7 computer drivers. See how close I get to some of these and in some cases, how they just crashed into the side of me. And see how much of a good idea (cough not cough) it is to run around here. lol

I had another problem in there as well you wil notice. About 35 or 40 minutes in, my controller isn't functioning that well. The right button which I use to change gear isn't working properly so I will have to buy a new controller as soon as I can. You guys could call it an xtrac gearbox problem. lol Razz
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 20:56

I think we should run without backmarkers, but rules are rules, watch everyone smash their cars up.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:06

Hey Dan, gonna be available for testing from tomorrow! Getting bored of COD 6 and need to spend time with the Porsche at Silverstone and the Aston at Tsukuba

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:13

ADx Garage wrote:I think we should run without backmarkers, but rules are rules, watch everyone smash their cars up.

nonsense.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:20

johnnyboy360 wrote:Hey Dan, gonna be available for testing from tomorrow! Getting bored of COD 6 and need to spend time with the Porsche at Silverstone and the Aston at Tsukuba

I can't be available for testing. My controller isn't functioning properly so I will have to get a new one either tomorrow or Friday. But I will let you know when I'm available. However, I have sent you a tune for the Porsche. I have also sent you and Adrian a tune for the Aston.

I know I used computer traffic in that replay, but I hope that the slower traffic is going to be equally brilliant like they was at Motegi. I'm just worried about the fact that it isn't a very wide track at all.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:33

Ok Dan, no worries, I'll try to kill the HORRENDOUS understeer on the car and see if I can get some good times!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:47

just thought i'd let people know if they forgot, the top 3 drivers from each class have an extra 5% power penalty from Motegi Smile
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:01

nick is correct! also dan the computer cars are not very generous to anyone not even themselves with real people doing all the driving you can make people aware of where you're going to be and then they wont (hopefully) slam into you. now yes i know it's going to be crazy to race here but this is what i wanted to see, some tempers fly and see how guys do in tight confines of the track! Not to mention it's the only short track on the entire calendar so we got it early and out of the way quickly Smile
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:06

lfcnicklfc wrote:just thought i'd let people know if they forgot, the top 3 drivers from each class have an extra 5% power penalty from Motegi Smile

OH S***! Its the power from my Aston that makes it competitive because it doesn't have a lot of grip. Unfair but nevermind. Sad Sad
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:07

just think of it like this, Berty will have a 10% power handicap at the next race the poor git Razz
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:10

Does that mean the other Astons have the power-snip?
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:12

True poor bloke. You might as well throw away the engine. He would do better without it. lol Razz

To be fair, this concept of capping cars with the power handicaps is new to us. But I reckon it should be based on car performance rather than race results as to determine whether to get rid of any power/grip or not.
I have a case with the Aston Martin anyway because I had to push like hell every lap in Motegi to get the result I did.

Last edited by DAN 2605 on Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:15; edited 2 times in total
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:13

That means we're testing online tomorrow then.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:18

it's just the driver who was on the podium not the car! So only Dan's Aston will be penalised Smile
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:20

no adrian its just the top 3 and you guys will be happy to hear that at the start of every continental series we hit the reset button on success balast. also to lose any that you have accumilated from previous rounds can be taken off by finishing off the podiumso if your car regularly has 0% power and for 2 races in a row you finish on the podium you now have 10% power handy cap but the next race you finish off the podium you're now down to 5% and then the following race you also finish off the podium you're right back where you started Smile this is to make racing closer without having to go and test every car for everyrace and say right this person runs with this power handycap and this person runs with that.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:27

Adrian as nick says, its just me who's gonna get the handicap in our team because I finished in the top three at Motegi. I'll still be racing at Tsukuba but I don't see the point really of slowing down a slow car anyway. I've got a case with my Aston Martin because I had to work hard to get the finishing position I did and the race results can prove my point. Over half a minute behind Berty's capped Peugeot is a lot. Really, the capping shouldn't be based on your finishing positions but on how good/bad your car is.

Anyway, I shall be getting a new controller tomorrow but I won't be able to practice till friday because I'm taking my sister to club tomorrow night.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next