TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups

+10
narboza22
Biggsy tv
F4H Ascari
Jonnyy NI
VVV GGspeed
VVV GunDaM
x Gashi x
Richy59
F4H FACEPALMER
CQR Rogue
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 Empty Re: ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups

Post by Richy59 Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 4:45

Don't worry, you will have at least 2 more people for the next round, myself and Ian are in for the Ring Very Happy
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups - Page 3 Empty Re: ALMS GT Wednesdays (BST and Euro time zones) Rules and Sign Ups

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 4:52

I think it'd be easier if people clarified whether they are racing or not instead of having everybody on the list and the host sitting there waiting for them, just to find out they aren't coming.

affraid
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 4:54

What we do for our races is send out at least one invite to everybody that has signed up. If they don't respond or join in the session withing 10 mins of us sending out the invites then we just start. We usually also post up race discussion threads before events, and people usually let us know in there whether they will be attending the race or not.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 5:00

I missed the race yesterday (Tuesday) because I got disconnected from Live while waiting in the lobby and couldn't get it to reconnect.
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 5:08

Same thing happened to me only I got reconnected 5 minutes later, that sucks.

Yeah Richy I only waited about 15-20 minutes, took me a little bit just to find everybody in the first place so I gave a bit extra time for them to come.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:29

I have been trying to think of a solution for the no shows. Something like a check in system but cant think of a good fair way of doing it. I am open to suggestions. Making everyone check in is viable, but still isnt 100% accurate. You still have people who dont check in that want to race or at the last minute cant race.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV GGspeed Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:09

Well i think at least posting/messaging someone (like Polaris messaged me to say he wont be able to make it) that you wont race shouldn't bee a too much of a trouble for anyone, Ok i know stuff happens in last minute and that's ok if you are not online but Facepalmer was annoyed because he saw people online and on Forza and send then invites and got nothing at least you can have some courtesy to check in and tell something but when you ignore everything that's just plain no respect who work hard to organize such events
VVV GGspeed
VVV GGspeed

TORA Race Number : 102
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonewall458 Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:55

Maybe you could try sending out a mass Xbox Live message to all the people who participate in this series asking if they're going to race that night.
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 17:45

Good idea, no response no excuse. That was really the only thing I was annoyed by, not even getting a "can't race" or "not racing" message, I was under the assumption people wanted to race. Silly me.

Don't make me go FIA on all your asses.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by x Gashi x Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 5:20

I think the mass message works, but you need a dedicated gamertag to have that be effective. I will work on that, but for now, lets just post an in or out in a race thread, like we used to here. It should help the series organizers for that day a little.

x Gashi x

TORA Race Number : 100
Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3