TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Unlucky run in Sebring. EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Unlucky run in Sebring.

Go down

Unlucky run in Sebring. Empty Unlucky run in Sebring.

Tonight saw the debut of the RML based THR coupe in the ISCC. The LMP2 entry, a first for the team, performed well in qualifying considering the lack of mileage and looked set to have a strong race.
A false start following a startline collision similar to that seen in the LMS at Paul Ricard earlier in the year caused some limited damage to the Lola Coupe and after some small repairs a second start was effected which too saw a red flag after issues further down the field resulted in damage to a number of cars.
Third time lucky and the THR Lola Coupe lept forward and into second place following eizoxian through T1. By the time the cars reached the back straight jenon09 was hounding the P2 leader. Disaster struck with contact between the two and the Lola suffered race ending damage. Despite crawling the car to the pits, the damaged aerodynamics of the car resulted in the driver spinning soon after leaving the pit lane. For safety reasons the team chose to withdraw the car from the race.

A promising start, a disappointing end.
Due to a conflicting schedule, the team will unfortunatly be missing the final round at Road Atlanta. This was the only time the car would have been seen in action.

jenson09 had this to say:

It's a terrible shame because the car was so strong in the corners and we were eating up the other P2 runners on the straight. Bearing in mind we've just not tested the car enough I was really enjoying that run.
I'm still not totally sure what happened but the car was just utterly destroyed, I'm suprised there was enough car left to get it back to the pits!
The guys looked it over, effected what repairs they could and I was willing to give it a try despite the severe damage but as soon as I tried anything close to racing speed the grip was just not there. It was dangerous not just to me but to the competitors around me. I'm not here to endanger my fellow racers so we had to retire the car.
I hope we will have the chance to get the car out again, I've got a real taste for P2 so maybe we can do something soon. If not we'll be back in the new year.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Unlucky run in Sebring. :: Comments

ATR DAN

Post Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 22:05 by ATR DAN

Matt, you've posted in the wrong thread. It's this one we use now:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/f155-austins-team-hunter-racing

Anyway, very unfortunate about your race not turning out as well as planned. Hope that doesn't put you off from racing at petit. Wink

Back to top Go down

JeffH16

Post Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 22:41 by JeffH16

apologies if it was my end lagging matt Sad

Back to top Go down

Matt

Post Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 22:52 by Matt

Not sure if it was you lagging or me. Certainly your car snapped back at me. Wasn't sure if Shane said the same happened to him later on but missed contact?
Doesn't matter really Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down