TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
It Starts Again! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
It Starts Again! EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
It Starts Again! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
It Starts Again! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
It Starts Again! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
It Starts Again! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
It Starts Again! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
It Starts Again! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
It Starts Again! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

It Starts Again!

Go down

It Starts Again! Empty It Starts Again!

Car production that is. While Nightrider works on the LFA for the GT24, I am working on the "Generic Team Car" LFA (PI700) for what we call "General online use".
Since FM2, we have run assist free (save braking line on braking only, which is usefull when testing new cars in vastly different classes, say D vs. F, or learning new tracks.), as we all enjoy having full control over the car. In this scenario, cars need added stability (often via adding downforce). Acheiving freedom of line, and driving "style" through control was a big boost to us early on, before TORA, in public lobbies where staying on the track in one peice was more then often enough to win.

Where am I going with this? Well, while working on our LFAs, myself and Nightrider are discussing tuning setup details, as I worked on my LFA before he decided to do the GT24, so he was wondering about what I found about how the LFA drives. This leads to sharing values, including a big boost I was able to make to the gear ratios for more efficient use of power and 6 speeds. It also lead to anti-roll and differential. The LFA by default has a pretty stiff differential, and the front roll bars are much stiffer then then rear. I prefer to have my differential's accel and decel values be the same so there is no change in handling when changing from power on to off or vice-versa, and with the LFA, I used a stiff roll bar setup with the front softer then the rear. Well this lead to "I don't get your idea" and "wait, you did what?!" so I guess everything is going back to normal in Forza.

Painting is in progress too. I'll try to get some photos later on, when we've made a reasonable anount of progress. Nightrider's design is going to be based off a actual car, where for the general team car I am *trying* to make something original from scratch. I'm trying to make something simple and elegant for a GT style car, while having a bit of a agressive and sporty flare to it, which, when going from nothing, is a bit hard to start. Nightrider has the frustration of prototypical accuracy. That's the fun of painting though, the results are worth the stress!

Once the 2012 season is underway, we hope to expand and get some more members on the team, and bring some more drivers to TORA aswell if it works out. Enlarging our team's footprint will aid in moving up in team standings, and also making work easier for us. Right now we have 3. Depending on the project, a car may be worked on by all three, two or even one person. Having some dedicated tuners and painters would pay off, or maybe we'll find enthusiastic drivers and we'll be working on more painting and tuning.

Back to painting and tuning, need to get some good pictures to show our progress!
XTI Apache
XTI Apache

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-03-24

http://xtiracing.homeip.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

It Starts Again! :: Comments

Matt

Post Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 21:25 by Matt

Great to see the collaborative spirit still alive Smile

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 21:42 by VVV GunDaM

I reckon the paint will be based on one of these:
It Starts Again! 2010-Lexus-Sports-Cars-LFA-N2410-1

Back to top Go down

XTI Jon Snow

Post Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 21:50 by XTI Jon Snow

Oh gosh darnit

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 21:57 by VVV GunDaM

XTI Nightrider wrote:Oh gosh darnit
Whys that?

Back to top Go down

XTI Jon Snow

Post Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 3:07 by XTI Jon Snow

You discovered the base of my livery

Back to top Go down

XTI Apache

Post Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 18:55 by XTI Apache

We'll have some photos up soon. Since my old xbox crapped out, I got a slim 4GB for ~$140 last year (Since I was on low budget and not on Xbox a ton). As a result, I cannot save or view replays to get photos - even though I have a external HDD hooked up.

We did some testing yesterday, with some really close racing (stable following through Indianapolis and Bernese Alps long courses at ~20 - 100 ft.), but Nightrider forgot to save the replays.....oh well.

I got a studio shot of my car, I'll post it when I am home. School pcs don't have alot not-blocked here.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down