TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Forza Horizon - General Discussion

+51
SGR Amber
Mrbrown33
NorseFalconer
LMR Mopar
TfR Milton
TPR b0x
Vettel#1
STATIC TREMOR
R!CARDOUK
wood53y
Whos TabmaN
xVampirAx
CQR HABURi
RumbleBee 392
CQR Jono
Hainesy
LMR BlackHawk
XPR Roadrunner
F4H Lotterer
Wooflers
DeweyTee
Beanz
PLOW tubbi
VVV GunDaM
Stonewall458
Hailfire97x
Mandown46
GSW outlaw
F4H Bullet
Ax4x Mikey J
Biggsy tv
Matt
ATR DAN
Ianmr
ckBrenneke
Duke of Bruno
lfcnicklfc
Standaman94
Ax4x Kane
theboomeranga
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
ART Carrera
AMR of the Apex
CQR Aero
F4H Carrera
CQR Rogue
LMR DarthMario
Richy59
nickyf1
55 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Forza Horizon - General Discussion

Post by CQR Aero Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 19:27

XBL buckling under the strain - can't download at the moment. Sad
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Forza Horizon - General Discussion

Post by CQR HABURi Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 19:41

Have you tried using the xbox.com link instead?
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 20:01

CQR HABURi wrote:Have you tried using the xbox.com link instead?

Yup. No joy there either - "Error - please try again later"
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 20:03

...and now it's gone into my download queue. I know what I'll be doing after the race then! Very Happy
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 20:26

I'm quite surprised to see the Delta S4 in the demo. I'm really annoyed it isn't in FM4, we could have got some awesome Group B races going on Razz

At least they've put in some other Group B cars like the RS200, the 205, and a few others I think. Still no Quattro S1, though... :/
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 21:30

I have nearly forgotten about this.

Looks like I know what I will be doing when I get home!
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos TabmaN Tue 9 Oct 2012 - 21:54

I like the game. Sure, it's a different feel, but it's still feels like Forza to me. I was using my Fanatec CSR with 900 degrees and manual/w clutch. It feels pretty good to be honest. If you have a wheel that goes to 900, I would use it. These are street cars, not race cars, so 900 is pretty normal..or rather, life like, for most of the cars. Granted, it's still a game, and way more game then it is a sim, but its still really fun.
Whos TabmaN
Whos TabmaN

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 1:28

i had a blast at first but once i finished the dirt race, i've been stuck in that lancer for the free roam which isn't cool after a few times around the area. I loved the demo up to that point, but i'm looking forward to the game since of course i will have more access.

Like the developers said, its an action racing game so it won't be totally like FM4, and with that aside i was pleased with the game, the way everything felt, reacted and how the cars drove. I'm looking forward to to the full game and free roaming with you guys. Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 1:30

Think I wont be buying this game, feels like Dirt 3 and thats cheap right now!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 1:58

CQR Aero wrote:Interesting/slightly saddening to see the split opinions on the FM.net forums. Some vehement haters and passionate lovers over there!!

What little time I spent with the game gives me some reason for the love/hate aspect:

Those that like Forza for the games such as Cat and Mouse and Tag have found their Utopia... all the driving realism of FM4 w/o being constrained to what they refer to as "boring circuits".

Those that use FM4 as a race simulator however, for the most part will not be all that amused by the points for destruction of property and close calls with road traffic.

I fall into the latter category, as FM4 reminds me of everything I love about SpeedTV, where the whole Festival aspect of Horizons reminds me of everything I hate about SpeedTV.

I guess I am lucky though: Horizons will be in my house if I choose to use it, but my kid bought it so I am not out one thin dime. Cool
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 2:57

still haven't played the demo :/ hopefully it downloads fast this arvo when i get home. my arvo plan is: get home from school, put on xbox, start download, get changed, go for 10 km run (about 40-45 minutes) and come home to hopefully enjoy the demo, if its done
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 5:15

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:Interesting/slightly saddening to see the split opinions on the FM.net forums. Some vehement haters and passionate lovers over there!!

What little time I spent with the game gives me some reason for the love/hate aspect:

Those that like Forza for the games such as Cat and Mouse and Tag have found their Utopia... all the driving realism of FM4 w/o being constrained to what they refer to as "boring circuits".

Those that use FM4 as a race simulator however, for the most part will not be all that amused by the points for destruction of property and close calls with road traffic.

I fall into the latter category, as FM4 reminds me of everything I love about SpeedTV, where the whole Festival aspect of Horizons reminds me of everything I hate about SpeedTV.

I guess I am lucky though: Horizons will be in my house if I choose to use it, but my kid bought it so I am not out one thin dime. Cool

+1, i ordered it cuz i had a gift card to best buy for like 75 bucks. since its lost to best buy, mite as well spend on a company i enjoy... forza. i'm looking forawrd to it as a release from forza circuits and the competitive racing i do, and enjoy the free roam and various new stuff to do. i feel the demo killed my hype for it but i hope the game redeems itself or it may jus end up collecting dust on my shelf Sad
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by wood53y Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 8:59

Forza Horizon was pretty much what I expected after trying it briefly at britcar, it is like Test Drive but the cars feel more real and its major plus point is that on simulation steering it works brilliantly (IMO), the races in the demo are pretty cool and i am looking forward to plugging my shifter set in and as Tabman suggested setting the wheel to 900degrees and just cruising around. Not everyone will like the open world but I have been a huge fan of forza and I loved TDU but hated that it just didnt work very well on the wheel, the demo has sold me on getting a game i was sceptical of and I look forward to racing in events organised by TORA, I already shaved some time off in rivals mode chasing down some times set by forum members.
wood53y
wood53y

TORA Race Number : 553
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.benedictracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 9:20

I had a go last night. Interesting to see how much is not in the demo. Circuit (a la Rallycross) racing for instance, but I do think it gives a much better flavour of the game than the E3 demo. Looking forward to getting back from Middle Earth and playing the game post-release now!
You guys are gonna get a 9-day headstart on me (sob sob!!)! Sad

Last edited by CQR Aero on Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 9:32; edited 1 time in total
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by wood53y Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 9:22

CQR Aero wrote:I had a go last night. Interesting to see how much is not in the demo. Circuit (a la Rallycross) racing for instance, but I do think it gives a much better flavour of the game than the E3 demo. Looking forward to getting back from Middle Earth and playing the game post-release now!
You guys are gonne get a 9-day headstart on me (sob sob!!)! Sad

Aero you were one of the guys whos times I was trying to chase down last night even with a 9 day head start I think you will be fine.
wood53y
wood53y

TORA Race Number : 553
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.benedictracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 10:59

This may be my favourite game trailer ever.....

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 11:21

i can't wait till tomorrow morning so i can try the demo!!!! it sounds like people think its amazing so i cant wait to try it myself,
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 11:26

And Richy, that was on the whole weekend because forza horizon is sponsoring the V8's or just Bathurst but I saw the add; but it wasnt that good!!! That's epic
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 13:15

The off-road/rallying parts of this game remind me of Rally Sport Challenge 2 on the original Xbox. What a game that was - I played RSC2 and Forza 1 on the Xbox 1 (offline) for about a year! Always wanted them to do an RS3C on Xbox 360, and they kindof have done with parts of Forza Horizon Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 13:43

CQR Aero wrote:This may be my favourite game trailer ever.....

What the heck? Bahahaha, that was random. Totally not T10, definitely something PG made!
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 13:48

CQR MAGiC wrote:The off-road/rallying parts of this game remind me of Rally Sport Challenge 2 on the original Xbox. What a game that was - I played RSC2 and Forza 1 on the Xbox 1 (offline) for about a year! Always wanted them to do an RS3C on Xbox 360, and they kindof have done with parts of Forza Horizon Very Happy

I could not agree more, both on your assessment of the virtues of RSC2 and the need for a third installment (with Frostbite 2, oh baby!). Not many people realise that DICE have ever done anything other than Battlefield, let alone a rally game! The destruction physics (who'd have guessed?!) were amazing, with parts flinging centrifugally off the car if you rolled it! RSC2 is hands down my favourite rally game of all time.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 13:53

Of course, I forgot that was DICE too! DICE did the game world and environments for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit too (although the less said about the Frostbite engined Need for Speed: The Runs the better Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 13:58

CQR MAGiC wrote:Need for Speed: The Runs

I'm sure that extra "s" was not an accident! (oh dear, poor choice of words!!) Shocked
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 14:00

Hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 14:02

people do understand you have the option to buy this game? lol

cant wait open world fun

forza 5 is in development and will be a racing game to satisfy your racing needs this is a real good development for forza splits car culture from racing what we wanted for along time.

Playground develop Horizon

Turn develop Forza Motorsport

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next